|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Moriyama supporting himself after his painting was devalued and his school closed?
(a) Painting patriotic posters.
(b) Painting advertisements.
(c) Painting houses.
(d) Painting magazine illustrations.
2. Why does Ono admire Sugimura?
(a) He aspired to make a fortune.
(b) He was a skilled landscape designer.
(c) He aspired to rise above mediocrity.
(d) He aspired to fame.
3. Why does Ono quit painting for such a long time?
(a) He was disillusioned.
(b) He felt he was untalented.
(c) He had been forbidden to paint.
(d) He had lost his touch.
4. What did Ono feel was missing the night he won the award?
(a) A feeling of triumph and fulfillment.
(b) International recognition.
(c) His family.
(d) Kuroda's approval.
5. What does Matsuda say about his own present-day perspective on life during his last conversation with Ono?
(a) It is broader than Ono's perspective.
(b) It doesn't extend much beyond his own garden.
(c) It is global.
(d) It is national and patriotic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono want to say to Moriyama if they meet again?
2. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
3. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
4. What kindness does Matsuda perform for Ono?
5. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)