|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What honor had Ono received in 1938?
(a) A statue in his honor in the city park.
(b) The Nobel Prize.
(c) The Shigeta Foundation Award.
(d) A commission from the emperor.
2. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
(a) That it would be appropriate for him to consider suicide.
(b) That everyone was surprised at his self-incrimination during the miai.
(c) That she is ashamed of his behavior.
(d) That he had embarrassed the family during the miai.
3. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
(a) Because his father says spinach will make him strong.
(b) Because his mother says spinach will make him strong.
(c) Because Popeye says spinach makes him strong.
(d) Because his aunt Noriko says spinach will make him strong.
4. How does Ono feel about the future of Japan?
(a) The best times are behind them.
(b) There is a chance to make a better go of things.
(c) Their world is permanently ruined.
(d) The destruction will never be forgotten.
5. What is the "floating world"?
(a) The world of nighttime entertainment and drink.
(b) The water lilies in the palace courtyard.
(c) The life of beachcombers and fishermen.
(d) The changing political landscape of Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say during his last conversation with Matsuda about his present-day perspective on life?
2. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
3. What qualities does Ono claim he shared with Matsuda when they were younger?
4. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
5. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)