|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
(a) Shrimp with rice.
(d) Ice cream.
2. How does Ichiro try to be grown-up when he meets Ono in the park?
(a) He doesn't smile.
(b) He refuses to play.
(c) He behaves calmly.
(d) He shakes hands instead of hugging him.
3. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
(a) With complete disinterest.
(b) With great respect.
(c) With obvious curiosity.
(d) With evident disdain.
4. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
(a) A new kabuki theater.
(b) A cemetery for cats and dogs.
(c) A museum of natural science.
(d) A European style concert hall.
5. What does Matsuda say about his own present-day perspective on life during his last conversation with Ono?
(a) It doesn't extend much beyond his own garden.
(b) It is global.
(c) It is national and patriotic.
(d) It is broader than Ono's perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Moriyama after Ono left his school?
2. What had Ono completed the same week he received the award?
3. What brought about the chances in Moriyama's standing?
4. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
5. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)