Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(a) Graphic artist.
(c) Comic book illustrator.
(d) High school teacher.
2. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He has found a new job.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has applied for several teaching positions.
(d) He is leaving the city.
3. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(b) Ono is the only one.
(c) The construction workers are the only ones.
(d) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
4. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro invented his own language.
(b) Ichiro mumbled.
(c) Ichiro was speaking English.
(d) Ichiro was speaking German.
5. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
(b) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(c) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
(d) The others had worse records than the Onos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
5. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Moriyama try to create in his paintings?
2. Why does Suichi become angry at Kenji's funeral ceremony?
3. Why did Moriyama's students never comment directly to him about his paintings?
4. Why does Ono approve of his teacher's distancing himself from his students' discussions?
5. How does Ono persuade the authorities that the Migi-Hidari should be built in the pleasure district?
6. How does Matsuda console himself when thinking of his actions during the war?
7. Why does Enchi treat Ono in such a friendly way when he arrives to visit Kuroda?
8. Why does Ono admire Sugimura's work on Kawabe Park, even though Sugimura failed to accomplish his goals?
9. What is the difference in Noriko's behavior between her first and second miai?
10. Why does Ono conceal his efforts on her behalf from Noriko during the weeks leading up to the miai?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)