|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "floating world"?
(a) The life of beachcombers and fishermen.
(b) The changing political landscape of Japan.
(c) The water lilies in the palace courtyard.
(d) The world of nighttime entertainment and drink.
2. When did Saito first meet Ono?
(a) Sixteen years ago.
(b) At the miai.
(c) The week before the miai.
(d) Two years ago.
3. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
(b) He praises Kuroda's work.
(c) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(d) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
4. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(b) His parents hired a tutor for him.
(c) His parents were studying English.
(d) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
5. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
(b) One or two buildings are under construction.
(c) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(d) Nothing has changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
2. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
3. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
4. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
5. When Ono and Matsuda examine their lives, what do they see, according to Matsuda?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)