|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are ugly and too modern.
(c) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(d) They are a sign of progress.
2. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
3. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The long corridor.
(c) The reception room.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(b) That he had no talents.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(d) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
5. What news does Ono give Matsuda about Setsuko?
(a) She is studying art.
(b) She is expecting a second child.
(c) She is attending cooking school.
(d) She and her husband are on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
2. When does Ono feel the sense of triumph he had hoped for?
3. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
4. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
5. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)