|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono believe should give Matsuda and him satisfaction as they review their lives?
(a) They were too young to be accountable.
(b) They supported a just cause.
(c) They followed honorable leaders.
(d) They acted in the best of faith.
2. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They've gone too far.
(b) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
3. What goal had Ono and Matsuda shared in the old days?
(a) Making a grand contribution to the war effort.
(b) Becoming world famous artists.
(c) Teaching the artists of tomorrow.
(d) Finding perfect wives.
4. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) It separates strong men from weak women.
(b) It makes a man stronger.
(c) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(d) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
5. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
(a) That he had embarrassed the family during the miai.
(b) That it would be appropriate for him to consider suicide.
(c) That everyone was surprised at his self-incrimination during the miai.
(d) That she is ashamed of his behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
3. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
4. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)