|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
2. What news does Ono give Matsuda about Noriko?
(a) She's getting a divorce.
(b) She's expecting a child.
(c) The marriage has been unhappy.
(d) The marriage was annulled.
3. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He's playing a game.
(b) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(c) He wants to stay with his mother.
(d) He says it's women's work.
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By joking too loudly.
(b) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(c) By drinking too much.
(d) By changing his painting style.
5. What does Moriyama wish to accomplish with his students?
(a) To change modern art in Europe.
(b) To spread their art throughout Japan.
(c) To spread their art throughout the world.
(d) To change painting in their city to conform to his idea of style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
2. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
4. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)