|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Setsuko think Saito felt about Ono?
(a) Setsuko thinks Saito was rude to Ono.
(b) Setsuko thinks Saito had no idea who Ono was until the marriage negotiations.
(c) Setsuko thinks Saito was an admirer of Ono's work.
(d) Setsuko thinks Saito disapproved of Ono.
2. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(b) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(c) Visit her new bar when it's built.
(d) Loan her money.
3. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
(a) That he had embarrassed the family during the miai.
(b) That she is ashamed of his behavior.
(c) That it would be appropriate for him to consider suicide.
(d) That everyone was surprised at his self-incrimination during the miai.
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Encouraging the war effort.
(b) Ignoring the war effort.
(c) Trying to stop the war effort.
(d) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
5. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because Ono admires his painting.
(b) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
(c) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(d) Because he is unchanged by the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
2. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
3. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
5. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)