|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(b) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
(c) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
(d) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
2. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Homelike and appealing.
(b) Traditional and historic.
(c) Quaint and charming.
(d) Shabby and out of place.
5. When does Ono feel the sense of triumph he had hoped for?
(a) Sitting on a hill all alone, eating oranges.
(b) When his family gave him a surprise party.
(c) Receiving the praise of his students.
(d) Confronting Moriyama at his villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
2. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
3. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
4. When Ono and Matsuda examine their lives, what do they see, according to Matsuda?
5. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)