|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(b) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(c) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(d) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
2. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Ninja fighters.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) Japanese heroes.
(d) American heroes.
3. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
(b) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
(c) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(d) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
4. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her a boy.
(b) By calling her ugly.
(c) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(d) By beating her at games.
5. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(b) Loan her money.
(c) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(d) Visit her new bar when it's built.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
2. What is found where Mrs. Kawakami's and the Migi-Hidari once stood?
3. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
4. What famous Japanese artist does Moriyama emulate?
5. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)