|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He is sociable.
(b) He tyrannizes her.
(c) He wanders.
(d) He mopes.
2. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
(b) Shrimp with rice.
(d) Ice cream.
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(b) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
(c) Because he is unchanged by the war.
(d) Because Ono admires his painting.
4. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(b) It makes a man stronger.
(c) It separates strong men from weak women.
(d) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
5. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters is older?
2. What does Matsuda's neighbor boy do each day?
3. When Ono and Matsuda examine their lives, what do they see, according to Matsuda?
4. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
5. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)