|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
(a) Ono could have given Shintaro what he wanted.
(b) Ono had been his friend and mentor.
(c) Ono's recommendation would have been all Shintaro needed.
(d) Shintaro needed Ono's support.
2. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
(c) He couldn't understand what his father said.
(d) He was being punished.
3. What does Matsuda say the smell of burning means now that the war is over?
(a) Bombs are falling.
(b) A house is burning.
(c) Someone is barbecuing.
(d) A neighbor is clearing his garden.
4. What is found where Mrs. Kawakami's and the Migi-Hidari once stood?
(a) A restaurant and an office building.
(b) A bank and a theater.
(c) A theater and a restaurant.
(d) An office building and a parking lot.
5. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
(b) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(c) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
(d) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
2. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
3. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
4. How does Ono find his old friend upon his second visit?
5. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)