|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Quaint and charming.
(b) Homelike and appealing.
(c) Shabby and out of place.
(d) Traditional and historic.
2. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(b) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(c) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(d) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
3. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's improved the house alone.
(b) He's learning to speak English.
(c) He's learning to cook.
(d) He's modernized his painting style.
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Encouraging the war effort.
(b) Trying to stop the war effort.
(c) Ignoring the war effort.
(d) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
5. What qualities does Ono claim he shared with Matsuda when they were younger?
(a) Empathy and kindness.
(b) Vision and hope.
(c) Energy and courage.
(d) Creativity and inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Ono completed the same week he received the award?
2. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
3. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
4. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
5. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)