|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(c) One or two buildings are under construction.
(d) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
2. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
(a) He had no interest in politics.
(b) His perspective as an artist was narrow.
(c) His worldview was too broad.
(d) He had no understanding of politics.
3. When did Saito first meet Ono?
(a) The week before the miai.
(b) At the miai.
(c) Sixteen years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
4. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
(a) He abandoned the use of dark outlines.
(b) He used bold, bright colors.
(c) He outlined his figures in black.
(d) He used oils instead of watercolors.
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Samurai warriors.
(b) American heroes.
(c) Ninja fighters.
(d) Japanese heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matsuda think the two men should not blame themselves for their earlier actions?
2. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
3. What does Ono want to say to Moriyama if they meet again?
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
5. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)