|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kindness does Matsuda perform for Ono?
(a) Flowers sent during Ono's illness.
(b) A letter of encouragement during Ono's illness.
(c) Matsuda recommended Ono to an art dealer.
(d) Matsuda loaned Ono money.
2. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
(a) No one had appreciated his music.
(b) His songs had been misunderstood.
(c) His songs had been used to promote war.
(d) He had a terminal illness.
3. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Boastful and rude.
(b) Noisy and disrespectful.
(c) Quiet and shy.
(d) Lively and intelligent.
4. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) He should stay home with the women.
5. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
(a) They asked him questions as he worked.
(b) They told him they thought his painting was marvelous.
(c) They spoke as though he were not present.
(d) They wrote critiques of each painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moriyama declare himself unsatisfied with his early work?
2. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
3. What is the last year covered in this story?
4. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
5. What does Ono say during his last conversation with Matsuda about his present-day perspective on life?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)