|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono is the only one.
(b) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(c) The construction workers are the only ones.
(d) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
2. What news does Ono give Matsuda about Noriko?
(a) She's getting a divorce.
(b) The marriage has been unhappy.
(c) She's expecting a child.
(d) The marriage was annulled.
3. What had Ono completed the same week he received the award?
(a) His floating world water colors.
(b) His paintings of fire engines.
(c) A commissioned portrait.
(d) The New Japan campaign.
4. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
(b) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
(c) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(d) He praises Kuroda's work.
5. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By disparaging their house.
(b) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(c) By implying that she would never marry.
(d) By insulting her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor had Ono received in 1938?
2. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
3. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
4. What does Matsuda say the smell of burning means now that the war is over?
5. How do the art students treat Sasaki when he changes his style?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)