|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) She bought new games to play at home.
(b) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(c) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(d) A trip to the art museum.
2. What does the neighbor boy do when Matsuda speaks to him?
(a) He comes into the house.
(b) He comes into the yard.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He chats with Matsuda.
3. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He's playing a game.
(b) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(c) He wants to stay with his mother.
(d) He says it's women's work.
4. Who does Matsuda claim has been blamed for Japan's downfall?
(a) Artists and musicians.
(b) The emperor and his household.
(c) Military men, politicians, and businessmen.
(d) The voting public.
5. How does Setsuko think Saito felt about Ono?
(a) Setsuko thinks Saito disapproved of Ono.
(b) Setsuko thinks Saito had no idea who Ono was until the marriage negotiations.
(c) Setsuko thinks Saito was rude to Ono.
(d) Setsuko thinks Saito was an admirer of Ono's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
2. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
3. What goal had Ono and Matsuda shared in the old days?
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
5. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)