|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
(a) No man has painted better than I.
(b) No man will make me believe I have wasted my time.
(c) No man has furthered art in our country more than I have.
(d) No man has helped more students than I have.
2. What does the neighbor boy do when Matsuda speaks to him?
(a) He chats with Matsuda.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He comes into the house.
(d) He comes into the yard.
3. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(d) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
4. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(b) Graphic artist.
(c) High school teacher.
(d) Comic book illustrator.
5. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A boomtown.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
2. What news does Ono give Matsuda about Setsuko?
3. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
4. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
5. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)