|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A boomtown.
(b) A desert.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A ghetto.
2. Why does Moriyama declare himself unsatisfied with his early work?
(a) He had felt guilty about the pleasures of the floating world.
(b) He had been unable to capture the essence of the floating world.
(c) He had been unskilled about the floating world.
(d) He had been caught in the pleasures of the floating world.
3. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He couldn't understand what his father said.
(b) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
(c) He hated his father.
(d) He was being punished.
4. What does Moriyama wish to accomplish with his students?
(a) To spread their art throughout the world.
(b) To change modern art in Europe.
(c) To change painting in their city to conform to his idea of style.
(d) To spread their art throughout Japan.
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The reception room.
(b) The long corridor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The veranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
2. What is found where Mrs. Kawakami's and the Migi-Hidari once stood?
3. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
5. How does Ono find his old friend upon his second visit?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)