|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before learning of his death had Ono visited his old friend?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A day.
(d) A month.
2. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
(b) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
(c) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(d) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
3. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
(a) Because he had salvaged the negotiations.
(b) Because his declaration had a good result.
(c) Because she had been the one who suggested that he take steps to clarify his position.
(d) Because she had made a similar confession.
4. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The long garden corridor.
(b) The well-lighted kitchen.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The reception room.
5. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
2. What does Ono want to say to Moriyama if they meet again?
3. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
4. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
5. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)