|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(b) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(c) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
(d) She thought it would cost them money.
2. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(b) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(c) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(d) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
3. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He spoiled them.
(c) He doted on them.
(d) He was a tyrant.
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(b) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(c) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(d) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
5. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That he had no talents.
(b) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(d) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matsuda think the two men should not blame themselves for their earlier actions?
2. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
3. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
4. What is the last year covered in this story?
5. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)