|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
(a) He explained his intentions.
(b) He expanded their points of view.
(c) He listened, but did not respond.
(d) He corrected their errors.
2. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
3. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
(a) Because he is too old.
(b) Because Japan lost the war.
(c) Because he lost interest in art.
(d) Because he has lost his skill.
4. Why does Ono believe that the Tortoise or Shintaro will never feel the sort of happiness he felt sitting on the hillside?
(a) They were prone to complain.
(b) They were not skilled enough craftsmen.
(c) They did not risk everything in an attempt to be extraordinary.
(d) They did not have the talent.
5. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(c) Geisha houses.
(d) Theaters and restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
2. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
3. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
4. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
5. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)