|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(b) He says it's women's work.
(c) He's playing a game.
(d) He wants to stay with his mother.
2. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
(a) Ono is worried that Metsuo was in love with Noriko.
(b) Metsuo is unusually handsome.
(c) He thinks Metsuo does not hide his feelings.
(d) He wonders if Metsuo would make a good son-in-law.
3. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Melancholy and nocturnal.
(b) Cheerful and multicolored.
(c) Black and depressed.
(d) Bright and sunny.
4. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(b) It is visually exciting.
(c) It is prestigious.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
5. How does Ichiro try to be grown-up when he meets Ono in the park?
(a) He shakes hands instead of hugging him.
(b) He doesn't smile.
(c) He behaves calmly.
(d) He refuses to play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say during his last conversation with Matsuda about his present-day perspective on life?
2. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
3. How many students has Moriyama had at his villa?
4. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
5. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)