|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Suzuki want Matsuda to feed his fish?
(a) She's afraid he'll fall into the pond.
(b) He fell on the stones a few months ago.
(c) She can do it more easily.
(d) She doesn't want to attract the neighbor boy.
2. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
(a) Only drunkards find value in that which fades in the morning.
(b) The best things are put together at night and vanish in the morning.
(c) The worst things happen in the darkness.
(d) All artists seek the light of day.
3. What famous Japanese artist does Moriyama emulate?
4. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
5. What does Ono say during lunch that frightens Ichiro?
(a) That he had the same problems Naguchi had.
(b) That he is like Naguchi.
(c) That he disapproves of Naguchi's solution.
(d) That he is not like Naguchi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
2. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
3. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
4. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
5. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)