|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
(a) They wrote slurs about one another.
(b) They destroyed each other's paintings.
(c) They wrote unpleasant critiques of one another's work.
(d) They shouted good-humored insults across the yard.
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would bring him dessert.
(b) They would go see the monster movie.
(c) He would buy him art supplies.
(d) He would take him to the zoo.
3. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Stay awake for dinner.
(b) Get up for breakfast.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Remember to eat.
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(b) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(c) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(d) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
5. What does the neighbor boy do when Matsuda speaks to him?
(a) He chats with Matsuda.
(b) He comes into the yard.
(c) He comes into the house.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
2. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
3. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
4. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
5. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)