|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) It makes a man stronger.
(b) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(c) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
(d) It separates strong men from weak women.
2. What news does Ono give Matsuda about himself?
(a) He has taken up horticulture.
(b) He has started painting again.
(c) He is considering marriage again.
(d) He has stopped painting.
3. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Black and depressed.
(b) Melancholy and nocturnal.
(c) Bright and sunny.
(d) Cheerful and multicolored.
4. Why does Ono introduce Kenji into the conversation in Noriko's kitchen?
(a) He feels outnumbered by women.
(b) His son, had he been present, would have taken his side.
(c) He suddenly recalls his son's death.
(d) He had argued with his wife about giving Kenji sake at the same age.
5. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The long garden corridor.
(d) The well-lighted kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
2. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
3. What does Ono believe should give Matsuda and him satisfaction as they review their lives?
4. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
5. What brought about the chances in Moriyama's standing?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)