|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(b) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(c) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(d) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
2. What does the neighbor boy do when Matsuda speaks to him?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He comes into the house.
(c) He comes into the yard.
(d) He chats with Matsuda.
3. How does Ono find his old friend upon his second visit?
(a) He is much stronger.
(b) He is much the same.
(c) He is asleep for most of the visit.
(d) He is much weaker.
4. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is prestigious.
(b) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(c) It is visually exciting.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
5. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
(a) Because she had made a similar confession.
(b) Because he had salvaged the negotiations.
(c) Because his declaration had a good result.
(d) Because she had been the one who suggested that he take steps to clarify his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono evaluate Naguchi's suicide?
2. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
3. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
4. How often does Ono visit Matsuda after re-establishing contact with him?
5. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)