|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(d) They've gone too far.
2. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono is the only one.
(b) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(c) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(d) The construction workers are the only ones.
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(b) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(c) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(d) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
4. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) That Ichiro should be taught better manners.
(b) That Ichiro should wait a few years for sake.
(c) That Ichiro should have a taste of sake with dinner.
(d) That Ichiro should never drink sake.
5. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
(a) Shy and innocent.
(b) Lively and intelligent.
(c) Quiet and respectful.
(d) Dignified and silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
2. What does Ono believe should give Matsuda and him satisfaction as they review their lives?
3. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
4. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
5. What remains of Sugimura's planned Kawabe Park?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)