|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The long corridor.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The reception room.
2. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
(b) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(c) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(d) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) They are a sign of progress.
(d) They are ugly and too modern.
4. How does Ono feel about the future of Japan?
(a) Their world is permanently ruined.
(b) There is a chance to make a better go of things.
(c) The best times are behind them.
(d) The destruction will never be forgotten.
5. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
(a) He used oils instead of watercolors.
(b) He outlined his figures in black.
(c) He abandoned the use of dark outlines.
(d) He used bold, bright colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
2. What does the neighbor boy do when Matsuda speaks to him?
3. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
4. What brought about the chances in Moriyama's standing?
5. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)