|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Ignoring the war effort.
(b) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(c) Encouraging the war effort.
(d) Trying to stop the war effort.
2. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By threatening him with a time out.
(b) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(c) By threatening to send him to his room.
(d) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
3. What does Matsuda say the smell of burning means now that the war is over?
(a) A house is burning.
(b) Someone is barbecuing.
(c) A neighbor is clearing his garden.
(d) Bombs are falling.
4. What does Ono say during lunch that frightens Ichiro?
(a) That he is like Naguchi.
(b) That he is not like Naguchi.
(c) That he disapproves of Naguchi's solution.
(d) That he had the same problems Naguchi had.
5. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
(a) She begins to relax.
(b) She becomes increasingly silent and distressed.
(c) She becomes talkative and lively.
(d) She abruptly leaves the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe should give Matsuda and him satisfaction as they review their lives?
2. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
3. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
4. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
5. What implication does Setsuko make in Noriko's kitchen that offends Ono?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)