|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono quit painting for such a long time?
(a) He had lost his touch.
(b) He was disillusioned.
(c) He felt he was untalented.
(d) He had been forbidden to paint.
2. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(b) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(c) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
(d) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
3. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
(b) Mannerisms and little facial habits.
(c) His height and facial features.
(d) Ways of speaking.
4. Who does Matsuda claim has been blamed for Japan's downfall?
(a) Military men, politicians, and businessmen.
(b) The voting public.
(c) Artists and musicians.
(d) The emperor and his household.
5. How does Matsuda describe the contribution he and Ono made?
(a) It was important.
(b) It was marginal.
(c) It was negligible.
(d) It was critical.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
2. Why does Matsuda envy Ono?
3. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
4. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
5. What is the last year covered in this story?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)