|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Remember to eat.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Get up for breakfast.
(d) Stay awake for dinner.
2. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(b) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
(c) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
(d) He praises Kuroda's work.
3. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) American heroes.
(b) Ninja fighters.
(c) Japanese heroes.
(d) Samurai warriors.
4. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
(a) By converting Kawabe Park into the focus of culture.
(b) By holding prestigious auctions for his four houses.
(c) By leaving his fortune to the local university.
(d) By eliminating the pleasure district.
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's messy.
(b) He's headstrong.
(c) He's precocious.
(d) He's unusually intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
2. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
3. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
4. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
5. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)