|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Recommend his artwork.
(b) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
(c) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
(d) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
2. What brought about the chances in Moriyama's standing?
(a) He had changed his European style.
(b) His European style was increasingly admired.
(c) He had returned to traditional Japanese art.
(d) His European style was seen as unpatriotic.
3. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He couldn't understand what his father said.
(b) He hated his father.
(c) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
(d) He was being punished.
4. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Cheerful and multicolored.
(b) Bright and sunny.
(c) Black and depressed.
(d) Melancholy and nocturnal.
5. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They've gone too far.
(b) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
2. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
3. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
4. What does Ono say during lunch that frightens Ichiro?
5. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)