|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono quit painting for such a long time?
(a) He had lost his touch.
(b) He was disillusioned.
(c) He had been forbidden to paint.
(d) He felt he was untalented.
2. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They had an auction of prestige.
(b) They selected the first to make an offer.
(c) They sold to the highest bidder.
(d) They selected a relative.
3. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It brought shame to his employees.
(b) It was a tragic waste.
(c) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(d) It was an embarrassment to the company.
4. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He couldn't understand what his father said.
(b) He hated his father.
(c) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
(d) He was being punished.
5. How long after their initial reconnection had Ono visited his old friend?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
2. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
5. What causes Ono's great sense of triumph?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)