|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Suzuki want Matsuda to feed his fish?
(a) She doesn't want to attract the neighbor boy.
(b) She's afraid he'll fall into the pond.
(c) She can do it more easily.
(d) He fell on the stones a few months ago.
2. Why does Matsuda say he never married?
(a) He had too many girlfriends.
(b) He was too busy traveling the world.
(c) He never found the right woman.
(d) He was too busy improving the world.
3. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) That Ichiro should never drink sake.
(b) That Ichiro should wait a few years for sake.
(c) That Ichiro should have a taste of sake with dinner.
(d) That Ichiro should be taught better manners.
4. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
(a) He had a bad leg.
(b) His service as an artist was more important.
(c) He was mentally defective.
(d) He was his family's only support.
5. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(a) Geisha houses.
(d) Theaters and restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
2. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
3. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
4. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
5. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)