|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
(a) Ono hopes his friend will return to him.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as permanently damaged by the war.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as unaccountable for his actions.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as cleverly pretending to be ignorant.
2. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
(a) Lively and intelligent.
(b) Dignified and silent.
(c) Quiet and respectful.
(d) Shy and innocent.
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He found him a wife.
(b) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(c) He loaned him money.
(d) He hired him as an apprentice.
4. What honor had Ono received in 1938?
(a) A commission from the emperor.
(b) A statue in his honor in the city park.
(c) The Nobel Prize.
(d) The Shigeta Foundation Award.
5. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(a) Artists and writers.
(d) Lowlife thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matsuda say the world sees when they look at Ono and Matsuda now that the war is behind them?
2. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
3. How does Setsuko think Saito felt about Ono?
4. Who dies in June, 1950?
5. What does Ono like best about the house?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)