|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Ono completed the same week he received the award?
(a) His paintings of fire engines.
(b) His floating world water colors.
(c) A commissioned portrait.
(d) The New Japan campaign.
2. How does Setsuko think Saito felt about Ono?
(a) Setsuko thinks Saito was an admirer of Ono's work.
(b) Setsuko thinks Saito had no idea who Ono was until the marriage negotiations.
(c) Setsuko thinks Saito was rude to Ono.
(d) Setsuko thinks Saito disapproved of Ono.
3. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(b) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(c) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
(d) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
4. What remains of Sugimura's planned Kawabe Park?
(a) Only the kabuki theater.
(b) Only the concert hall.
(c) Only the museum.
(d) Only the grass where the museums and theaters would have stood.
5. What does Matsuda say about his own present-day perspective on life during his last conversation with Ono?
(a) It is broader than Ono's perspective.
(b) It doesn't extend much beyond his own garden.
(c) It is national and patriotic.
(d) It is global.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the smell of burning make Ono uneasy?
2. What brought about the chances in Moriyama's standing?
3. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
5. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)