|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
(a) Ono is her only friend.
(b) Ono is her last dependable customer.
(c) Ono is shrewd about business matters.
(d) Ono could support the endeavor.
2. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(b) Fire engines.
(c) Anti-war slogans.
(d) Destroyed buildings.
3. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents hired a tutor for him.
(b) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(c) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
(d) His parents were studying English.
4. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her ugly.
(b) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(c) By beating her at games.
(d) By calling her a boy.
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He took them to a teacher.
(b) He took them to an appraiser.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He sold them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
2. Who does Matsuda claim has been blamed for Japan's downfall?
3. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
5. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)