|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Gene Autry.
(b) Lord Yoshitsune.
(c) The Lone Ranger.
(d) Roy Rogers.
2. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) He was not regarded as first rank.
(b) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
(c) He was too poor.
(d) There were too many of them.
3. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
(a) They wrote critiques of each painting.
(b) They spoke as though he were not present.
(c) They told him they thought his painting was marvelous.
(d) They asked him questions as he worked.
4. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It suffered no damage during the war.
(b) It is visually exciting.
(c) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(d) It is prestigious.
5. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
(a) Ways of speaking.
(b) His height and facial features.
(c) Mannerisms and little facial habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
2. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
3. Why does Ono believe that the Tortoise or Shintaro will never feel the sort of happiness he felt sitting on the hillside?
4. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)