|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono find his old friend upon his second visit?
(a) He is much the same.
(b) He is much weaker.
(c) He is asleep for most of the visit.
(d) He is much stronger.
2. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
3. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Roy Rogers.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) A samurai warrior.
(d) The Ninja of the wind.
4. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By threatening to send him to his room.
(b) By threatening him with a time out.
(c) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(d) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
5. What news does Ono give Matsuda about himself?
(a) He has started painting again.
(b) He has stopped painting.
(c) He has taken up horticulture.
(d) He is considering marriage again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say during lunch that frightens Ichiro?
2. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
4. What does Matsuda say the smell of burning means now that the war is over?
5. What news does Ono give Matsuda about Noriko?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)