|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(a) Geisha houses.
(d) Theaters and restaurants.
2. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
(a) Being unable or unwilling to acknowledge them.
(b) Failing to learn from them.
(c) Continuing to make the same mistakes.
(d) Encouraging others to commit the same mistakes.
3. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Melancholy and nocturnal.
(b) Black and depressed.
(c) Cheerful and multicolored.
(d) Bright and sunny.
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He sent for plants from abroad.
(b) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(c) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(d) He grew his plants from seeds.
5. What does the neighbor boy do when Matsuda speaks to him?
(a) He comes into the yard.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He comes into the house.
(d) He chats with Matsuda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
3. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
4. How do the art students treat Sasaki when he changes his style?
5. Why does Ono believe that the Tortoise or Shintaro will never feel the sort of happiness he felt sitting on the hillside?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)