|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He wanders.
(b) He mopes.
(c) He is sociable.
(d) He tyrannizes her.
2. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
(a) He expanded their points of view.
(b) He corrected their errors.
(c) He listened, but did not respond.
(d) He explained his intentions.
3. How many students has Moriyama had at his villa?
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Shabby and out of place.
(b) Quaint and charming.
(c) Traditional and historic.
(d) Homelike and appealing.
5. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(a) Artists and writers.
(d) Lowlife thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
2. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
3. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
4. Where does Ono believe his own mannerisms come from?
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)