|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
(a) Because Japan lost the war.
(b) Because he lost interest in art.
(c) Because he has lost his skill.
(d) Because he is too old.
2. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
(a) He thinks Metsuo does not hide his feelings.
(b) Ono is worried that Metsuo was in love with Noriko.
(c) Metsuo is unusually handsome.
(d) He wonders if Metsuo would make a good son-in-law.
3. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He sent for plants from abroad.
(b) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(c) He grew his plants from seeds.
(d) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
4. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(b) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(c) They've gone too far.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
5. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
(a) Taro's admiration.
(b) Satisfaction and dignity.
(c) Noriko's respect.
(d) A good marriage for his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What implication does Setsuko make in Noriko's kitchen that offends Ono?
2. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
3. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
4. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
5. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)