|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The long corridor.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The reception room.
2. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
(a) Office buildings.
(d) More modern bars.
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
(a) She becomes talkative and lively.
(b) She becomes increasingly silent and distressed.
(c) She abruptly leaves the table.
(d) She begins to relax.
5. What is a miai?
(a) A business meeting.
(b) An engagement party.
(c) A formal meeting between the families of a prospective bride and groom.
(d) A wedding reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
2. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
3. What does Ono say during lunch that frightens Ichiro?
4. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
5. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)