|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He was being punished.
(b) He hated his father.
(c) He couldn't understand what his father said.
(d) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
2. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(b) Ono is the only one.
(c) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(d) The construction workers are the only ones.
3. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
(a) It is awkward, no longer relaxed.
(b) It is boring, so everyone leaves early.
(c) It is relaxed, no longer awkward.
(d) It is an embarrassing disaster.
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Ninja fighters.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) American heroes.
(d) Japanese heroes.
5. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
3. How does Ono evaluate Naguchi's suicide?
4. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
5. What is a miai?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)