|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He took them to a teacher.
(b) He took them to an appraiser.
(c) He sold them.
(d) He burned them.
2. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is prestigious.
(b) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(c) It is visually exciting.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
3. What famous Japanese artist does Moriyama emulate?
4. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
(a) Ono believes students' comments are mere flattery.
(b) Ono believes students often know more than their teachers.
(c) Ono believes it is important for students to develop their own thinking.
(d) Ono believes it is foolish to waste time discussing each comment.
5. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) To fund remodeling of her business.
(b) To buy her out for a generous sum.
(c) To fund an expansion into the adjoining buildings.
(d) To go into partnership with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
2. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
3. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
4. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
5. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)