|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
(b) It separates strong men from weak women.
(c) It makes a man stronger.
(d) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
2. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) He should obey his mother.
(c) He should stay home with the women.
(d) The movie might be too scary for young children.
3. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
(a) He had devoted his life to repudiating debauchery.
(b) He had devoted his life to nurturing young talent.
(c) He had devoted his life to changing with modernizing trends.
(d) He had devoted his life to capturing a unique beauty.
4. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
(a) She becomes talkative and lively.
(b) She becomes increasingly silent and distressed.
(c) She begins to relax.
(d) She abruptly leaves the table.
5. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It brought shame to his employees.
(b) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(c) It was a tragic waste.
(d) It was an embarrassment to the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
2. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
3. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
4. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
5. Why does Moriyama declare himself unsatisfied with his early work?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)