|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) It separates strong men from weak women.
(b) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(c) It makes a man stronger.
(d) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
2. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(d) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
3. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
(b) Recommend his artwork.
(c) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
(d) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
4. What is a miai?
(a) A formal meeting between the families of a prospective bride and groom.
(b) A wedding reception.
(c) An engagement party.
(d) A business meeting.
5. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
(a) Perhaps it will be reborn at some point.
(b) Perhaps it was not always for the best.
(c) Perhaps it will never be recreated.
(d) Perhaps it was the best we will ever know.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
2. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
3. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
5. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)