|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a tragic waste.
(b) It brought shame to his employees.
(c) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(d) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
2. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(c) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
(d) One or two buildings are under construction.
3. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(b) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(c) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(d) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
4. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) He should stay home with the women.
(c) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(d) He should obey his mother.
5. How does Setsuko think Saito felt about Ono?
(a) Setsuko thinks Saito was an admirer of Ono's work.
(b) Setsuko thinks Saito disapproved of Ono.
(c) Setsuko thinks Saito had no idea who Ono was until the marriage negotiations.
(d) Setsuko thinks Saito was rude to Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
2. Which of the sisters is older?
3. What is a miai?
4. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
5. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)