|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono introduce Kenji into the conversation in Noriko's kitchen?
(a) He feels outnumbered by women.
(b) He suddenly recalls his son's death.
(c) His son, had he been present, would have taken his side.
(d) He had argued with his wife about giving Kenji sake at the same age.
2. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
(a) Ichiro might get drunk.
(b) His father might get drunk.
(c) His aunt Noriko might get drunk.
(d) His grandfather Ono might get drunk.
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(b) Ignoring the war effort.
(c) Encouraging the war effort.
(d) Trying to stop the war effort.
4. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
(a) A cemetery for cats and dogs.
(b) A European style concert hall.
(c) A new kabuki theater.
(d) A museum of natural science.
5. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
(a) Because Japan lost the war.
(b) Because he is too old.
(c) Because he lost interest in art.
(d) Because he has lost his skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
2. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
3. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
4. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
5. What position is Shintaro applying for?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)