|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(b) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
(c) It separates strong men from weak women.
(d) It makes a man stronger.
2. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(b) She bought new games to play at home.
(c) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(d) A trip to the art museum.
3. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(b) Lowlife thugs.
(d) Artists and writers.
4. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
(a) Because she had been the one who suggested that he take steps to clarify his position.
(b) Because his declaration had a good result.
(c) Because she had made a similar confession.
(d) Because he had salvaged the negotiations.
5. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would buy him art supplies.
(b) He would take him to the zoo.
(c) He would bring him dessert.
(d) They would go see the monster movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
2. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
4. What does Noriko like about her apartment?
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)