|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono admire Sugimura?
(a) He was a skilled landscape designer.
(b) He aspired to make a fortune.
(c) He aspired to fame.
(d) He aspired to rise above mediocrity.
2. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
(b) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(c) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(d) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Ignoring the war effort.
(b) Encouraging the war effort.
(c) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(d) Trying to stop the war effort.
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from seeds.
(b) He sent for plants from abroad.
(c) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(d) He grew his plants from sprouts.
5. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(c) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
(d) One or two buildings are under construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
2. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
3. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
4. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
5. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)