|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(b) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(c) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
(d) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
2. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Recommend his artwork.
(b) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
(c) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
(d) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
3. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He took them to a teacher.
(b) He took them to an appraiser.
(c) He sold them.
(d) He burned them.
4. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
(a) Perhaps it will be reborn at some point.
(b) Perhaps it will never be recreated.
(c) Perhaps it was not always for the best.
(d) Perhaps it was the best we will ever know.
5. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
(a) Remembering what a splendid district it had once been.
(b) Seeing her old friend Shintaro.
(c) Seeing her old friend Ono.
(d) Watching customers come in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
2. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
3. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
4. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
5. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)