|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
2. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) She bought new games to play at home.
(b) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(c) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(d) A trip to the art museum.
3. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(b) Artists and writers.
(d) Lowlife thugs.
4. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
(a) Satisfaction and dignity.
(b) Noriko's respect.
(c) Taro's admiration.
(d) A good marriage for his daughter.
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He took them to a teacher.
(b) He took them to an appraiser.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He sold them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
2. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
3. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
4. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
5. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)