|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
(a) The worst things happen in the darkness.
(b) All artists seek the light of day.
(c) Only drunkards find value in that which fades in the morning.
(d) The best things are put together at night and vanish in the morning.
2. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(b) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(c) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(d) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
3. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Stand and fight for her place.
(b) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(c) Refuse to sell her place.
(d) Hold out for a higher offer.
4. Which of the sisters is older?
(b) We are not told.
(d) They are twins.
5. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(b) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(c) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
(d) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
2. What implication does Setsuko make in Noriko's kitchen that offends Ono?
3. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
4. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
5. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)