|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono admire Sugimura?
(a) He was a skilled landscape designer.
(b) He aspired to fame.
(c) He aspired to rise above mediocrity.
(d) He aspired to make a fortune.
2. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
(a) Ono is her only friend.
(b) Ono could support the endeavor.
(c) Ono is her last dependable customer.
(d) Ono is shrewd about business matters.
3. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He took them to an appraiser.
(b) He took them to a teacher.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He sold them.
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By disparaging their house.
(b) By implying that she would never marry.
(c) By insulting her father.
(d) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Ninja fighters.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) American heroes.
(d) Japanese heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
2. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. What is a miai?
5. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)