|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(b) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(c) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
(d) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
2. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
(a) Those made in youth.
(b) Those made in good faith.
(c) Those made against one's will.
(d) Those made in ignorance.
3. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
(a) Being unable or unwilling to acknowledge them.
(b) Continuing to make the same mistakes.
(c) Encouraging others to commit the same mistakes.
(d) Failing to learn from them.
4. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) To fund an expansion into the adjoining buildings.
(b) To fund remodeling of her business.
(c) To buy her out for a generous sum.
(d) To go into partnership with her.
5. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Relax and put her feet up.
(b) Retire to the seaside.
(c) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
(d) Build a fine new place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
2. What implication does Setsuko make in Noriko's kitchen that offends Ono?
3. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
5. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)