|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(d) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
2. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
(a) The sisters' deceased father had known of his wealth.
(b) The sisters' deceased father had respected his art.
(c) The sisters' deceased father owed Ono a debt.
(d) The sisters'deceased father had been a relative.
3. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Roy Rogers.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) Lord Yoshitsune.
(d) Gene Autry.
4. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He was a tyrant.
(b) He doted on them.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He spoiled them.
5. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
2. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
3. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
4. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
5. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)