|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By beating her at games.
(b) By calling her a boy.
(c) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(d) By calling her ugly.
2. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They've gone too far.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
3. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
(b) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(c) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
(d) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
4. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
(a) His time as Moriyama's student.
(b) His friendship with Ono.
(c) His sloppier art work.
(d) His creation of posters during the China crisis.
5. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
(a) Ono believes it is important for students to develop their own thinking.
(b) Ono believes students' comments are mere flattery.
(c) Ono believes students often know more than their teachers.
(d) Ono believes it is foolish to waste time discussing each comment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
2. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
3. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
5. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)