|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her ugly.
(b) By beating her at games.
(c) By calling her a boy.
(d) By making fun of her awkwardness.
2. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(b) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(c) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(d) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
3. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
(a) Forget they ever knew Ono.
(b) Remain grateful to Ono for what they learned.
(c) Conceal their relationship to Ono.
(d) Forget Ono's part in the war.
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Traditional and historic.
(b) Homelike and appealing.
(c) Quaint and charming.
(d) Shabby and out of place.
5. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(b) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(c) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(d) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
2. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
3. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
4. Why does Ono introduce Kenji into the conversation in Noriko's kitchen?
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)