|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro invented his own language.
(b) Ichiro mumbled.
(c) Ichiro was speaking German.
(d) Ichiro was speaking English.
2. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(b) She feels guilty for not helping.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) It is dishonest
3. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The reception room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The long corridor.
(d) The veranda.
4. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He doted on them.
(b) He was a tyrant.
(c) He spoiled them.
(d) He ignored them.
5. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(a) Geisha houses.
(c) Theaters and restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
2. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
3. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
5. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)