|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) The construction workers are the only ones.
(b) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(c) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(d) Ono is the only one.
2. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(b) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(c) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(d) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(b) She feels guilty for not helping.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) It is dishonest
4. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(b) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
(c) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
(d) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
5. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Noisy and disrespectful.
(b) Lively and intelligent.
(c) Boastful and rude.
(d) Quiet and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
2. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
3. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
4. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
5. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)