|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By threatening to send him to his room.
(b) By threatening him with a time out.
(c) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(d) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
2. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(b) It was a tragic waste.
(c) It brought shame to his employees.
(d) It was an embarrassment to the company.
3. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The long corridor.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The kitchen.
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By joking too loudly.
(b) By changing his painting style.
(c) By drinking too much.
(d) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
5. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
(b) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(c) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
(d) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
2. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
3. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
5. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)