|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(a) Artists and writers.
(b) Lowlife thugs.
2. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
(a) He wonders if Metsuo would make a good son-in-law.
(b) Metsuo is unusually handsome.
(c) He thinks Metsuo does not hide his feelings.
(d) Ono is worried that Metsuo was in love with Noriko.
3. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He sent for plants from abroad.
(b) He grew his plants from seeds.
(c) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(d) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
4. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
5. What is a miai?
(a) A formal meeting between the families of a prospective bride and groom.
(b) A wedding reception.
(c) An engagement party.
(d) A business meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
2. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
3. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
5. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)