|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two years.
2. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought it would cost them money.
(b) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(c) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(d) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(c) They are a sign of progress.
(d) They are ugly and too modern.
4. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
(b) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
(c) Recommend his artwork.
(d) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
5. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He has applied for several teaching positions.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has found a new job.
(d) He is leaving the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono like best about the house?
2. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
3. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
4. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
5. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)