|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He loaned him money.
(b) He found him a wife.
(c) He hired him as an apprentice.
(d) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
2. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
(a) Encouraging others to commit the same mistakes.
(b) Being unable or unwilling to acknowledge them.
(c) Continuing to make the same mistakes.
(d) Failing to learn from them.
3. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Remember to eat.
(b) Stay awake for dinner.
(c) Get up for breakfast.
(d) Go to bed.
4. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's unusually intelligent.
(b) He's headstrong.
(c) He's messy.
(d) He's precocious.
5. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
(a) She becomes talkative and lively.
(b) She becomes increasingly silent and distressed.
(c) She abruptly leaves the table.
(d) She begins to relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
2. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
3. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
4. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
5. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)