|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(b) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(c) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(d) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
2. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
(a) Ono hopes his friend will return to him.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as unaccountable for his actions.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as permanently damaged by the war.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as cleverly pretending to be ignorant.
3. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Get up for breakfast.
(b) Stay awake for dinner.
(c) Remember to eat.
(d) Go to bed.
4. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He has found a new job.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has applied for several teaching positions.
(d) He is leaving the city.
5. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
(b) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
(c) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(d) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
2. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
4. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
5. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)