|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(b) By changing his painting style.
(c) By joking too loudly.
(d) By drinking too much.
2. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's modernized his painting style.
(b) He's improved the house alone.
(c) He's learning to cook.
(d) He's learning to speak English.
3. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
(a) If Shintaro had the courage and honesty to admit his past deeds.
(b) If Shintaro would return to the pleasure district.
(c) If Shintaro would find a wife.
(d) If Shintaro could get a teaching position.
4. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He tyrannizes her.
(b) He wanders.
(c) He is sociable.
(d) He mopes.
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(b) He found him a wife.
(c) He hired him as an apprentice.
(d) He loaned him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
2. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
3. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
5. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)