|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
(a) It is just as well that it will not return.
(b) It would be better if it returned.
(c) Ono will pray for its return.
(d) It may yet return.
2. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
(a) If Shintaro could get a teaching position.
(b) If Shintaro had the courage and honesty to admit his past deeds.
(c) If Shintaro would find a wife.
(d) If Shintaro would return to the pleasure district.
3. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Art is useless in the world.
(b) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
(c) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(d) Artists are dishonest.
4. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(b) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(c) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(d) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
5. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It reflects many cultures.
(b) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
(c) It is skillfully designed.
(d) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
4. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)