|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
(b) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(c) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
(d) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To shorten the walk to town.
(b) To improve her social standing.
(c) To impress his son's high school friends.
(d) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Encouraging the war effort.
(b) Trying to stop the war effort.
(c) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(d) Ignoring the war effort.
4. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
(a) He was his family's only support.
(b) He was mentally defective.
(c) He had a bad leg.
(d) His service as an artist was more important.
5. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) She bought new games to play at home.
(b) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(c) A trip to the art museum.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
2. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
3. What is a miai?
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
5. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)