|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) They would go see the monster movie.
(b) He would bring him dessert.
(c) He would buy him art supplies.
(d) He would take him to the zoo.
2. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(d) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
3. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
4. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Loan her money.
(b) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(c) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(d) Visit her new bar when it's built.
5. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By threatening him with a time out.
(b) By threatening to send him to his room.
(c) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(d) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
2. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
3. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
4. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
5. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)