|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from seeds.
(b) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(c) He sent for plants from abroad.
(d) He grew his plants from sprouts.
2. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
(b) By threatening him with a time out.
(c) By threatening to send him to his room.
(d) By telling him she will give him a treat.
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are ugly and too modern.
(c) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(d) They are a sign of progress.
4. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
(a) Those made in youth.
(b) Those made in ignorance.
(c) Those made against one's will.
(d) Those made in good faith.
5. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
(b) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
(c) Noriko might become overconfident.
(d) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
2. What does Ono like about the garden?
3. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
4. What is a miai?
5. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)