|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(d) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
2. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(b) She thought it would cost them money.
(c) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
(d) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
3. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
(a) Ono's recommendation would have been all Shintaro needed.
(b) Ono had been his friend and mentor.
(c) Ono could have given Shintaro what he wanted.
(d) Shintaro needed Ono's support.
4. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
(b) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(c) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
(d) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
5. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as unaccountable for his actions.
(b) Ono hopes his friend will return to him.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as cleverly pretending to be ignorant.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as permanently damaged by the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
2. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
3. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
5. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)