|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) He was too poor.
(b) He was not regarded as first rank.
(c) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
(d) There were too many of them.
2. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) One or two buildings are under construction.
(b) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
(c) Nothing has changed.
(d) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
3. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents hired a tutor for him.
(b) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(c) His parents were studying English.
(d) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
4. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
(b) It reflects many cultures.
(c) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
(d) It is skillfully designed.
5. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
(a) It is awkward, no longer relaxed.
(b) It is an embarrassing disaster.
(c) It is boring, so everyone leaves early.
(d) It is relaxed, no longer awkward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
2. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
3. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
4. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
5. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)