|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
(b) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
(c) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
(d) Recommend his artwork.
2. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(b) That he had no talents.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(d) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for not helping.
(b) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(c) It is dishonest
(d) It is disrespectful.
4. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(c) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
(d) One or two buildings are under construction.
5. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's learning to speak English.
(b) He's modernized his painting style.
(c) He's improved the house alone.
(d) He's learning to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
2. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
3. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
4. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
5. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)