|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
(b) He was not regarded as first rank.
(c) There were too many of them.
(d) He was too poor.
2. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
(a) His time as Moriyama's student.
(b) His creation of posters during the China crisis.
(c) His friendship with Ono.
(d) His sloppier art work.
3. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Roy Rogers.
(b) Lord Yoshitsune.
(c) The Lone Ranger.
(d) Gene Autry.
4. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(b) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(c) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(d) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
5. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
(b) Retire to the seaside.
(c) Relax and put her feet up.
(d) Build a fine new place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
2. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
4. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
5. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)