|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Refuse to sell her place.
(b) Hold out for a higher offer.
(c) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(d) Stand and fight for her place.
2. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He wanders.
(b) He mopes.
(c) He tyrannizes her.
(d) He is sociable.
3. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They sold to the highest bidder.
(b) They selected the first to make an offer.
(c) They had an auction of prestige.
(d) They selected a relative.
4. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought it would cost them money.
(b) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(c) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
(d) She thought her secret would be discovered.
5. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(b) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
(c) Because he is unchanged by the war.
(d) Because Ono admires his painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
2. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
4. What does Ono like best about the house?
5. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)