|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are ugly and too modern.
(c) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(d) They are a sign of progress.
2. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono is the only one.
(b) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(c) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(d) The construction workers are the only ones.
3. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(b) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(c) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
(d) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
4. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) She feels guilty for not helping.
(d) It is dishonest
5. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
(a) Failing to learn from them.
(b) Being unable or unwilling to acknowledge them.
(c) Encouraging others to commit the same mistakes.
(d) Continuing to make the same mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
2. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
3. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
4. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
5. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)