|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
(a) If Shintaro could get a teaching position.
(b) If Shintaro would return to the pleasure district.
(c) If Shintaro had the courage and honesty to admit his past deeds.
(d) If Shintaro would find a wife.
2. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) One or two buildings are under construction.
(b) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(c) Nothing has changed.
(d) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
3. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
(a) Office buildings.
(b) More modern bars.
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
(b) Relax and put her feet up.
(c) Build a fine new place.
(d) Retire to the seaside.
5. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
(a) Quiet and respectful.
(b) Shy and innocent.
(c) Dignified and silent.
(d) Lively and intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
2. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
3. What is a miai?
4. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
5. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)