|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(b) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(c) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(d) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
2. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(b) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
(c) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
(d) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(b) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(c) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
4. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(b) She bought new games to play at home.
(c) A trip to the art museum.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
5. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Gene Autry.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) Lord Yoshitsune.
(d) Roy Rogers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
2. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
3. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
4. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
5. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)