|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
(a) Noriko's respect.
(b) Satisfaction and dignity.
(c) A good marriage for his daughter.
(d) Taro's admiration.
2. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Ninja fighters.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) Japanese heroes.
(d) American heroes.
3. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Lord Yoshitsune.
(b) Roy Rogers.
(c) Gene Autry.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
4. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(b) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
(c) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(d) She decides to stay home with him.
5. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Art is useless in the world.
(b) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(c) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
(d) Artists are dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
2. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
3. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
4. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
5. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)