|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
(a) Metsuo is unusually handsome.
(b) Ono is worried that Metsuo was in love with Noriko.
(c) He wonders if Metsuo would make a good son-in-law.
(d) He thinks Metsuo does not hide his feelings.
2. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
3. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He wants to stay with his mother.
(b) He's playing a game.
(c) He says it's women's work.
(d) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
4. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her ugly.
(b) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(c) By calling her a boy.
(d) By beating her at games.
5. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would bring him dessert.
(b) He would take him to the zoo.
(c) They would go see the monster movie.
(d) He would buy him art supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
2. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
3. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)