|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He spoiled them.
(b) He doted on them.
(c) He was a tyrant.
(d) He ignored them.
2. Which of the sisters is older?
(a) They are twins.
(c) We are not told.
3. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(b) Ono is the only one.
(c) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(d) The construction workers are the only ones.
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(b) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(c) He grew his plants from seeds.
(d) He sent for plants from abroad.
5. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) He was not regarded as first rank.
(b) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
(c) He was too poor.
(d) There were too many of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
2. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
3. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
5. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)