|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) She feels guilty for not helping.
(c) It is dishonest
(d) She feels guilty for causing discord.
2. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's improved the house alone.
(b) He's learning to cook.
(c) He's modernized his painting style.
(d) He's learning to speak English.
3. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(b) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(c) She decides to stay home with him.
(d) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(b) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(c) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He found him a wife.
(b) He hired him as an apprentice.
(c) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(d) He loaned him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
2. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
3. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
4. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)