|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
(a) The sisters' deceased father owed Ono a debt.
(b) The sisters' deceased father had respected his art.
(c) The sisters' deceased father had known of his wealth.
(d) The sisters'deceased father had been a relative.
2. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He found him a wife.
(b) He hired him as an apprentice.
(c) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(d) He loaned him money.
3. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That she could live with their family.
(b) That he would build a room for her.
(c) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(d) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
4. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(b) She bought new games to play at home.
(c) A trip to the art museum.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's headstrong.
(b) He's precocious.
(c) He's unusually intelligent.
(d) He's messy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
2. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
3. What does Ono like about the garden?
4. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)