|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would bring him dessert.
(b) He would take him to the zoo.
(c) They would go see the monster movie.
(d) He would buy him art supplies.
2. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
(a) The sisters' deceased father owed Ono a debt.
(b) The sisters' deceased father had respected his art.
(c) The sisters' deceased father had known of his wealth.
(d) The sisters'deceased father had been a relative.
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should stay home with the women.
(b) He should obey his mother.
(c) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(d) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By changing his painting style.
(b) By drinking too much.
(c) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(d) By joking too loudly.
5. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) The Lone Ranger.
(b) Lord Yoshitsune.
(c) Gene Autry.
(d) Roy Rogers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
2. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
3. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
4. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
5. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)