|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(b) She decides to stay home with him.
(c) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(d) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
2. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Japanese heroes.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) Ninja fighters.
(d) American heroes.
3. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It reflects many cultures.
(b) It is skillfully designed.
(c) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
(d) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
4. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They sold to the highest bidder.
(b) They selected a relative.
(c) They selected the first to make an offer.
(d) They had an auction of prestige.
5. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's learning to speak English.
(b) He's improved the house alone.
(c) He's learning to cook.
(d) He's modernized his painting style.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
3. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
5. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)