|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It reflects many cultures.
(b) It is skillfully designed.
(c) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
(d) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
2. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A boomtown.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A desert.
(d) A graveyard.
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(b) He found him a wife.
(c) He loaned him money.
(d) He hired him as an apprentice.
4. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They selected a relative.
(b) They had an auction of prestige.
(c) They sold to the highest bidder.
(d) They selected the first to make an offer.
5. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
(b) By threatening him with a time out.
(c) By threatening to send him to his room.
(d) By telling him she will give him a treat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
2. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
3. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)