|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He took them to a teacher.
(b) He sold them.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He took them to an appraiser.
2. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(b) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
(c) She decides to stay home with him.
(d) She insists that he be invited to come along.
3. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To improve her social standing.
(b) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
(c) To impress his son's high school friends.
(d) To shorten the walk to town.
4. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(b) The others had worse records than the Onos.
(c) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
(d) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
5. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(b) Artists are dishonest.
(c) Art is useless in the world.
(d) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
2. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
4. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
5. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)