|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
(a) The sisters' deceased father had respected his art.
(b) The sisters'deceased father had been a relative.
(c) The sisters' deceased father had known of his wealth.
(d) The sisters' deceased father owed Ono a debt.
2. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(b) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
(c) By threatening to send him to his room.
(d) By threatening him with a time out.
3. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
(a) The Ninja of the wind.
(b) Roy Rogers.
(c) A samurai warrior.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
4. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
(b) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
(c) It reflects many cultures.
(d) It is skillfully designed.
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Samurai warriors.
(b) Japanese heroes.
(c) American heroes.
(d) Ninja fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
2. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
3. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
4. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
5. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)