|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) The Lone Ranger.
(b) Lord Yoshitsune.
(c) Gene Autry.
(d) Roy Rogers.
2. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(b) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(c) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(d) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should stay home with the women.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(b) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(c) He grew his plants from seeds.
(d) He sent for plants from abroad.
5. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The reception room.
(b) The well-lighted kitchen.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The long garden corridor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
2. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
3. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
4. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
5. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)