|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He obeys her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He laughs at her.
2. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(b) Because he is unchanged by the war.
(c) Because Ono admires his painting.
(d) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(b) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(c) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
4. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He took them to a teacher.
(b) He burned them.
(c) He sold them.
(d) He took them to an appraiser.
5. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He was being punished.
(b) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
(c) He couldn't understand what his father said.
(d) He hated his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
3. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
4. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
5. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)