|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(b) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(c) He sent for plants from abroad.
(d) He grew his plants from seeds.
2. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is prestigious.
(b) It suffered no damage during the war.
(c) It is visually exciting.
(d) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
3. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(b) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(c) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(d) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
4. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(b) Lowlife thugs.
(c) Artists and writers.
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He burned them.
(c) He took them to a teacher.
(d) He took them to an appraiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
5. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)