|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
(b) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
(c) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(d) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
2. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's precocious.
(b) He's headstrong.
(c) He's unusually intelligent.
(d) He's messy.
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) He should stay home with the women.
(c) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(d) He should obey his mother.
4. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To impress his son's high school friends.
(b) To improve her social standing.
(c) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
(d) To shorten the walk to town.
5. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By beating her at games.
(b) By calling her ugly.
(c) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(d) By calling her a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
2. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
3. Which of the sisters is older?
4. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)