|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(b) She thought it would cost them money.
(c) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(d) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
2. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
(b) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(c) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
(d) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
3. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(a) Anti-war slogans.
(b) Fire engines.
(d) Destroyed buildings.
4. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The long garden corridor.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The reception room.
(d) The well-lighted kitchen.
5. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A boomtown.
(b) A desert.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
2. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
3. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
4. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
5. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)