|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) He should stay home with the women.
2. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The reception room.
(b) The well-lighted kitchen.
(c) The long garden corridor.
(d) The veranda.
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(b) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
(c) Because he is unchanged by the war.
(d) Because Ono admires his painting.
4. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
(b) By threatening to send him to his room.
(c) By threatening him with a time out.
(d) By telling him she will give him a treat.
5. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(b) By insulting her father.
(c) By implying that she would never marry.
(d) By disparaging their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
3. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
4. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)