|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(b) Artists and writers.
(c) Lowlife thugs.
2. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Roy Rogers.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) Lord Yoshitsune.
(d) Gene Autry.
3. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By disparaging their house.
(b) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(c) By implying that she would never marry.
(d) By insulting her father.
4. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(b) It brought shame to his employees.
(c) It was a tragic waste.
(d) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
5. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He was a tyrant.
(b) He ignored them.
(c) He doted on them.
(d) He spoiled them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
2. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
3. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
4. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
5. What does Ono like about the garden?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)