|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(b) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(c) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
(d) She decides to stay home with him.
2. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's learning to cook.
(b) He's improved the house alone.
(c) He's modernized his painting style.
(d) He's learning to speak English.
3. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Roy Rogers.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) Lord Yoshitsune.
(d) Gene Autry.
4. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) The others had worse records than the Onos.
(b) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
(c) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
(d) The investigation wouldn't take long.
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The long corridor.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono like best about the house?
2. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
4. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
5. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)