|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(b) By threatening him with a time out.
(c) By threatening to send him to his room.
(d) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
2. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) He was too poor.
(b) He was not regarded as first rank.
(c) There were too many of them.
(d) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
3. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought it would cost them money.
(b) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(c) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(d) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
4. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They selected the first to make an offer.
(b) They had an auction of prestige.
(c) They selected a relative.
(d) They sold to the highest bidder.
5. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a tragic waste.
(b) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(c) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(d) It brought shame to his employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
2. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
5. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)