|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The long garden corridor.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The well-lighted kitchen.
2. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(b) By joking too loudly.
(c) By drinking too much.
(d) By changing his painting style.
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because he is unchanged by the war.
(b) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
(c) Because Ono admires his painting.
(d) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
4. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would build a room for her.
(b) That she could live with their family.
(c) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(d) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
5. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A boomtown.
(d) A desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
2. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
3. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)