|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He sent for plants from abroad.
(b) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(c) He grew his plants from seeds.
(d) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
2. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He took them to an appraiser.
(c) He took them to a teacher.
(d) He burned them.
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is dishonest
(c) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(d) She feels guilty for not helping.
4. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She decides to stay home with him.
(b) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(c) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
(d) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
5. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The well-lighted kitchen.
(c) The reception room.
(d) The long garden corridor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
2. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
4. What does Ono like about the garden?
5. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)