|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would build a room for her.
(b) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
(c) That she could live with their family.
(d) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
2. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He loaned him money.
(b) He hired him as an apprentice.
(c) He found him a wife.
(d) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
3. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By implying that she would never marry.
(b) By disparaging their house.
(c) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(d) By insulting her father.
4. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should obey his mother.
(b) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(c) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(d) He should stay home with the women.
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for not helping.
(b) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(c) It is dishonest
(d) It is disrespectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
2. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
3. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
5. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)