|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is prestigious.
(b) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(c) It suffered no damage during the war.
(d) It is visually exciting.
2. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(b) She decides to stay home with him.
(c) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
(d) She insists that he be invited to come along.
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
(b) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(c) Because he is unchanged by the war.
(d) Because Ono admires his painting.
4. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should stay home with the women.
(b) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(c) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(d) He should obey his mother.
5. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They selected the first to make an offer.
(b) They had an auction of prestige.
(c) They sold to the highest bidder.
(d) They selected a relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
2. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
3. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
4. What does Ono like about the garden?
5. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)