|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(b) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(c) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
2. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(b) It was a tragic waste.
(c) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(d) It brought shame to his employees.
3. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(b) He sent for plants from abroad.
(c) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(d) He grew his plants from seeds.
4. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He says it's women's work.
(b) He wants to stay with his mother.
(c) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(d) He's playing a game.
5. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(b) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(c) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(d) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
2. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
4. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)