|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(b) A trip to the art museum.
(c) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(d) She bought new games to play at home.
2. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The well-lighted kitchen.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The long garden corridor.
(d) The veranda.
3. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He was being punished.
(b) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
(c) He hated his father.
(d) He couldn't understand what his father said.
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Lord Yoshitsune.
(b) The Lone Ranger.
(c) Gene Autry.
(d) Roy Rogers.
5. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He obeys her.
(d) He kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
2. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
3. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
4. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
5. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)