|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(a) Anti-war slogans.
(b) Fire engines.
(c) Destroyed buildings.
2. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's precocious.
(b) He's messy.
(c) He's headstrong.
(d) He's unusually intelligent.
3. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(b) Art is useless in the world.
(c) Artists are dishonest.
(d) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
4. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought it would cost them money.
(b) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(c) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(d) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
5. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
(b) To improve her social standing.
(c) To impress his son's high school friends.
(d) To shorten the walk to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
2. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
3. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
4. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
5. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)