|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(b) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
(c) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
(d) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
2. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The long garden corridor.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The reception room.
(d) The well-lighted kitchen.
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is dishonest
(c) She feels guilty for not helping.
(d) She feels guilty for causing discord.
4. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(b) It was a tragic waste.
(c) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(d) It brought shame to his employees.
5. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They sold to the highest bidder.
(b) They had an auction of prestige.
(c) They selected a relative.
(d) They selected the first to make an offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
2. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
3. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
5. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)