|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(b) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(c) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(d) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
2. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They had an auction of prestige.
(b) They selected a relative.
(c) They sold to the highest bidder.
(d) They selected the first to make an offer.
3. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He was a tyrant.
(b) He ignored them.
(c) He doted on them.
(d) He spoiled them.
4. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
(a) Because he lost interest in art.
(b) Because he is too old.
(c) Because Japan lost the war.
(d) Because he has lost his skill.
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He hired him as an apprentice.
(b) He found him a wife.
(c) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(d) He loaned him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
5. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)