|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from seeds.
(b) He sent for plants from abroad.
(c) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(d) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would take him to the zoo.
(b) He would buy him art supplies.
(c) They would go see the monster movie.
(d) He would bring him dessert.
3. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By beating her at games.
(b) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(c) By calling her a boy.
(d) By calling her ugly.
4. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) The others had worse records than the Onos.
(b) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
(c) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(d) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
5. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She decides to stay home with him.
(b) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
(c) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(d) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
2. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
3. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
4. What does Ono like best about the house?
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)