|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) American heroes.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) Ninja fighters.
(d) Japanese heroes.
2. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should obey his mother.
(b) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(c) He should stay home with the women.
(d) The movie might be too scary for young children.
3. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The reception room.
(b) The well-lighted kitchen.
(c) The long garden corridor.
(d) The veranda.
4. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought it would cost them money.
(b) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
(c) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(d) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
5. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He's playing a game.
(b) He wants to stay with his mother.
(c) He says it's women's work.
(d) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
2. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
3. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)