|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(b) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(c) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(d) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
2. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He obeys her.
3. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro was speaking English.
(b) Ichiro was speaking German.
(c) Ichiro invented his own language.
(d) Ichiro mumbled.
4. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(b) The others had worse records than the Onos.
(c) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
(d) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
5. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A boomtown.
(b) A desert.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
2. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
3. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
4. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)