|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) He was too poor.
(b) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
(c) There were too many of them.
(d) He was not regarded as first rank.
2. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
(a) The Lone Ranger.
(b) A samurai warrior.
(c) The Ninja of the wind.
(d) Roy Rogers.
3. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a tragic waste.
(b) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(c) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(d) It brought shame to his employees.
4. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A boomtown.
(c) A desert.
(d) A graveyard.
5. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The well-lighted kitchen.
(b) The long garden corridor.
(c) The reception room.
(d) The veranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
2. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
3. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
5. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)