|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A boomtown.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A desert.
(d) A graveyard.
2. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro was speaking English.
(b) Ichiro invented his own language.
(c) Ichiro was speaking German.
(d) Ichiro mumbled.
3. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) He was being punished.
(c) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
(d) He couldn't understand what his father said.
4. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is dishonest
(c) She feels guilty for not helping.
(d) She feels guilty for causing discord.
5. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(b) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(c) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(d) Both girls are shy and retiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
2. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
3. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
4. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
5. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)