|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(b) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(c) He grew his plants from seeds.
(d) He sent for plants from abroad.
2. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By drinking too much.
(b) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(c) By changing his painting style.
(d) By joking too loudly.
3. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He obeys her.
(d) He kisses her.
4. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The reception room.
(b) The long corridor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The veranda.
5. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(b) A trip to the art museum.
(c) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(d) She bought new games to play at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
2. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
4. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
5. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)