|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It is skillfully designed.
(b) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
(c) It reflects many cultures.
(d) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
2. Which of the sisters is older?
(a) They are twins.
(b) We are not told.
3. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He's playing a game.
(b) He says it's women's work.
(c) He wants to stay with his mother.
(d) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
4. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
(a) They had an auction of prestige.
(b) They selected the first to make an offer.
(c) They selected a relative.
(d) They sold to the highest bidder.
5. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would take him to the zoo.
(b) He would buy him art supplies.
(c) They would go see the monster movie.
(d) He would bring him dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
2. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
5. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)