|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It is skillfully designed.
(b) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
(c) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
(d) It reflects many cultures.
2. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He is sociable.
(b) He wanders.
(c) He tyrannizes her.
(d) He mopes.
3. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from seeds.
(b) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(c) He sent for plants from abroad.
(d) He grew his plants from sprouts.
4. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) He should stay home with the women.
5. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(b) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(c) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(d) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
2. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
3. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
5. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)