|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A boomtown.
(c) A desert.
(d) A ghetto.
2. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He took them to an appraiser.
(c) He burned them.
(d) He took them to a teacher.
3. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By threatening to send him to his room.
(b) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
(c) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(d) By threatening him with a time out.
4. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He doted on them.
(b) He spoiled them.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He was a tyrant.
5. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from seeds.
(b) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(c) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(d) He sent for plants from abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
2. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
3. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
4. What does Ono like about the garden?
5. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)