|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That he had no talents.
(b) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(d) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
2. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(b) It brought shame to his employees.
(c) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(d) It was a tragic waste.
3. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He doted on them.
(c) He spoiled them.
(d) He was a tyrant.
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By joking too loudly.
(b) By drinking too much.
(c) By changing his painting style.
(d) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
5. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(a) Artists and writers.
(b) Lowlife thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
3. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
4. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)