|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
(b) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(c) That she could live with their family.
(d) That he would build a room for her.
2. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(b) It was a tragic waste.
(c) It brought shame to his employees.
(d) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
3. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(b) Artists and writers.
(d) Lowlife thugs.
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(b) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(c) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
5. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) There were too many of them.
(b) He was not regarded as first rank.
(c) He was too poor.
(d) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
2. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
3. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
4. Which of the sisters is older?
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)