|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He obeys her.
(d) He laughs at her.
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would bring him dessert.
(b) They would go see the monster movie.
(c) He would buy him art supplies.
(d) He would take him to the zoo.
3. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He burned them.
(b) He took them to a teacher.
(c) He sold them.
(d) He took them to an appraiser.
4. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
(b) To improve her social standing.
(c) To impress his son's high school friends.
(d) To shorten the walk to town.
5. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
(b) That she could live with their family.
(c) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(d) That he would build a room for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
2. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
3. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
5. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)