|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He wants to stay with his mother.
(b) He's playing a game.
(c) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(d) He says it's women's work.
2. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(b) She decides to stay home with him.
(c) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(d) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
3. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(b) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
(c) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
(d) The others had worse records than the Onos.
4. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That he had no talents.
(b) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(d) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The long corridor.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The reception room.
(d) The veranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
2. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
3. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
4. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
5. What does Ono like about the garden?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)