|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(b) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(c) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
(d) She thought it would cost them money.
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would bring him dessert.
(b) He would take him to the zoo.
(c) They would go see the monster movie.
(d) He would buy him art supplies.
3. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(b) By drinking too much.
(c) By changing his painting style.
(d) By joking too loudly.
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(b) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(c) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(d) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
5. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(b) Artists and writers.
(d) Lowlife thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
2. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
4. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)