|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
(b) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(c) That he had no talents.
(d) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
2. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) She feels guilty for not helping.
(c) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(d) It is dishonest
3. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would buy him art supplies.
(b) He would bring him dessert.
(c) They would go see the monster movie.
(d) He would take him to the zoo.
4. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(c) Lowlife thugs.
(d) Artists and writers.
5. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro invented his own language.
(b) Ichiro mumbled.
(c) Ichiro was speaking German.
(d) Ichiro was speaking English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
2. What does Ono like best about the house?
3. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
4. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
5. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)