|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's improved the house alone.
(b) He's learning to cook.
(c) He's modernized his painting style.
(d) He's learning to speak English.
2. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because he is unchanged by the war.
(b) Because Ono admires his painting.
(c) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(d) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
3. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Ninja fighters.
(b) Japanese heroes.
(c) Samurai warriors.
(d) American heroes.
4. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(b) His parents were studying English.
(c) His parents hired a tutor for him.
(d) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
5. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) The others had worse records than the Onos.
(b) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
(c) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(d) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
2. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
3. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
4. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
5. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)