|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Shrimp with rice.
2. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
(a) She becomes increasingly silent and distressed.
(b) She begins to relax.
(c) She becomes talkative and lively.
(d) She abruptly leaves the table.
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He hired him as an apprentice.
(b) He found him a wife.
(c) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(d) He loaned him money.
4. What kindness does Matsuda perform for Ono?
(a) Matsuda recommended Ono to an art dealer.
(b) Flowers sent during Ono's illness.
(c) A letter of encouragement during Ono's illness.
(d) Matsuda loaned Ono money.
5. What does Matsuda say the smell of burning means now that the war is over?
(a) A house is burning.
(b) A neighbor is clearing his garden.
(c) Bombs are falling.
(d) Someone is barbecuing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
2. How does Matsuda describe the contribution he and Ono made?
3. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
4. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
5. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)