Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
(a) Those made in ignorance.
(b) Those made in good faith.
(c) Those made in youth.
(d) Those made against one's will.
2. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He is leaving the city.
(b) He has applied for several teaching positions.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He has found a new job.
3. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(b) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(c) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(d) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
4. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
(a) They asked him questions as he worked.
(b) They wrote critiques of each painting.
(c) They told him they thought his painting was marvelous.
(d) They spoke as though he were not present.
5. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
(a) They wrote unpleasant critiques of one another's work.
(b) They shouted good-humored insults across the yard.
(c) They wrote slurs about one another.
(d) They destroyed each other's paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
2. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
4. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)