Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He has found a new job.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has applied for several teaching positions.
(d) He is leaving the city.
2. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro invented his own language.
(b) Ichiro mumbled.
(c) Ichiro was speaking English.
(d) Ichiro was speaking German.
3. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's improved the house alone.
(b) He's learning to speak English.
(c) He's learning to cook.
(d) He's modernized his painting style.
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Ignoring the war effort.
(b) Encouraging the war effort.
(c) Trying to stop the war effort.
(d) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
5. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
(a) Satisfaction and dignity.
(b) A good marriage for his daughter.
(c) Noriko's respect.
(d) Taro's admiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Shintaro applying for?
2. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
3. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
4. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
5. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)