|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(a) Comic book illustrator.
(b) High school teacher.
(c) Graphic artist.
2. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
3. What goal had Ono and Matsuda shared in the old days?
(a) Making a grand contribution to the war effort.
(b) Becoming world famous artists.
(c) Finding perfect wives.
(d) Teaching the artists of tomorrow.
4. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's learning to cook.
(b) He's improved the house alone.
(c) He's learning to speak English.
(d) He's modernized his painting style.
5. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(b) Theaters and restaurants.
(d) Geisha houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
2. How does Ono find his old friend upon his second visit?
3. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
4. Why does Matsuda think the two men should not blame themselves for their earlier actions?
5. Why doesn't Ono go to Moriyama's villa?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)