|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
(a) By leaving his fortune to the local university.
(b) By holding prestigious auctions for his four houses.
(c) By eliminating the pleasure district.
(d) By converting Kawabe Park into the focus of culture.
2. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(b) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) They've gone too far.
3. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By insulting her father.
(b) By disparaging their house.
(c) By implying that she would never marry.
(d) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
4. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
(b) His parents were studying English.
(c) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(d) His parents hired a tutor for him.
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's precocious.
(b) He's unusually intelligent.
(c) He's messy.
(d) He's headstrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
2. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
3. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
4. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
5. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)