|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Ono visit Matsuda after re-establishing contact with him?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Just once.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
2. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's improved the house alone.
(b) He's learning to cook.
(c) He's modernized his painting style.
(d) He's learning to speak English.
3. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) It separates strong men from weak women.
(b) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(c) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
(d) It makes a man stronger.
4. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Quiet and shy.
(b) Lively and intelligent.
(c) Boastful and rude.
(d) Noisy and disrespectful.
5. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
(a) He expanded their points of view.
(b) He listened, but did not respond.
(c) He explained his intentions.
(d) He corrected their errors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in June, 1950?
2. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
3. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
4. What does Matsuda say the smell of burning means now that the war is over?
5. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)