|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(b) That he had no talents.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(d) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
2. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
(b) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(c) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
(d) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
3. Why does Ono quit painting for such a long time?
(a) He felt he was untalented.
(b) He had been forbidden to paint.
(c) He had lost his touch.
(d) He was disillusioned.
4. What does Matsuda say the world sees when they look at Ono and Matsuda now that the war is behind them?
(a) Two old men with sticks.
(b) Two instigators of a war.
(c) Two failed imperialists.
(d) Two traitors to their country.
5. Where does Ono believe his own mannerisms come from?
(a) His former teacher, Moriyama.
(b) His friend, Shintaro.
(c) His old friend Matsuda.
(d) His admiration of Sugimura.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono find his old friend upon his second visit?
2. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
3. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
4. What is the "floating world"?
5. What news does Ono give Matsuda about himself?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)