|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
(b) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(c) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(d) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
2. Why doesn't Miss Suzuki want Matsuda to feed his fish?
(a) She can do it more easily.
(b) He fell on the stones a few months ago.
(c) She's afraid he'll fall into the pond.
(d) She doesn't want to attract the neighbor boy.
3. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
(a) By eliminating the pleasure district.
(b) By converting Kawabe Park into the focus of culture.
(c) By leaving his fortune to the local university.
(d) By holding prestigious auctions for his four houses.
4. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(b) It was a tragic waste.
(c) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(d) It brought shame to his employees.
5. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
(a) Because Shintaro is perceptive about politics.
(b) Because Ono admires his painting.
(c) Because Shintaro has a subtle sense of humor.
(d) Because he is unchanged by the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
2. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
3. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
4. What does Ono like best about the house?
5. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)