|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kindness does Matsuda perform for Ono?
(a) Flowers sent during Ono's illness.
(b) Matsuda loaned Ono money.
(c) Matsuda recommended Ono to an art dealer.
(d) A letter of encouragement during Ono's illness.
2. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's learning to cook.
(b) He's learning to speak English.
(c) He's improved the house alone.
(d) He's modernized his painting style.
3. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
(a) Quiet and respectful.
(b) Lively and intelligent.
(c) Shy and innocent.
(d) Dignified and silent.
4. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
(a) They spoke as though he were not present.
(b) They asked him questions as he worked.
(c) They wrote critiques of each painting.
(d) They told him they thought his painting was marvelous.
5. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
(a) His worldview was too broad.
(b) He had no interest in politics.
(c) His perspective as an artist was narrow.
(d) He had no understanding of politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say during his last conversation with Matsuda about his present-day perspective on life?
2. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
3. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
4. When Ono and Matsuda examine their lives, what do they see, according to Matsuda?
5. Why does Ono introduce Kenji into the conversation in Noriko's kitchen?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)