|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Remember to eat.
(b) Get up for breakfast.
(c) Stay awake for dinner.
(d) Go to bed.
2. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(b) They are ugly and too modern.
(c) They are beautiful.
(d) They are a sign of progress.
3. Why does Moriyama declare himself unsatisfied with his early work?
(a) He had felt guilty about the pleasures of the floating world.
(b) He had been unable to capture the essence of the floating world.
(c) He had been unskilled about the floating world.
(d) He had been caught in the pleasures of the floating world.
4. What qualities does Ono claim he shared with Matsuda when they were younger?
(a) Energy and courage.
(b) Creativity and inspiration.
(c) Vision and hope.
(d) Empathy and kindness.
5. How does Matsuda describe the contribution he and Ono made?
(a) It was negligible.
(b) It was critical.
(c) It was marginal.
(d) It was important.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
2. Why does Matsuda say he never married?
3. What does Matsuda say about his own present-day perspective on life during his last conversation with Ono?
4. What is the last year covered in this story?
5. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)