|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(b) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(c) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(d) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
2. How do the art students treat Sasaki when he changes his style?
(a) They burned his work in the courtyard.
(b) They gave him a goodbye party and sent him away.
(c) They criticized him in public.
(d) They hid his paintings and refused to speak to him.
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It suffered no damage during the war.
(b) It is visually exciting.
(c) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(d) It is prestigious.
4. When Ono and Matsuda examine their lives, what do they see, according to Matsuda?
(a) They were valiant.
(b) They were flawless.
(c) They were flawed.
(d) They were fascinating.
5. What does Moriyama wish to accomplish with his students?
(a) To spread their art throughout the world.
(b) To change painting in their city to conform to his idea of style.
(c) To spread their art throughout Japan.
(d) To change modern art in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
2. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
3. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
4. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
5. What news does Ono give Matsuda about Noriko?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)