|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(b) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(c) He sent for plants from abroad.
(d) He grew his plants from seeds.
2. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
(a) Being unable or unwilling to acknowledge them.
(b) Failing to learn from them.
(c) Continuing to make the same mistakes.
(d) Encouraging others to commit the same mistakes.
3. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(b) She bought new games to play at home.
(c) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(d) A trip to the art museum.
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Homelike and appealing.
(b) Traditional and historic.
(c) Quaint and charming.
(d) Shabby and out of place.
5. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) He was not regarded as first rank.
(b) There were too many of them.
(c) He was too poor.
(d) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matsuda say the world sees when they look at Ono and Matsuda now that the war is behind them?
2. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
3. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
4. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
5. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)