|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(d) They've gone too far.
2. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
(a) They spoke as though he were not present.
(b) They asked him questions as he worked.
(c) They told him they thought his painting was marvelous.
(d) They wrote critiques of each painting.
3. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(b) Hold out for a higher offer.
(c) Stand and fight for her place.
(d) Refuse to sell her place.
4. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He burned them.
(c) He took them to a teacher.
(d) He took them to an appraiser.
5. Why does Ono quit painting for such a long time?
(a) He had been forbidden to paint.
(b) He was disillusioned.
(c) He felt he was untalented.
(d) He had lost his touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
2. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
3. What is the last year covered in this story?
4. How long after their initial reconnection had Ono visited his old friend?
5. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)