|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What remains of Sugimura's planned Kawabe Park?
(a) Only the grass where the museums and theaters would have stood.
(b) Only the museum.
(c) Only the kabuki theater.
(d) Only the concert hall.
2. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(b) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(c) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He hired him as an apprentice.
(b) He loaned him money.
(c) He found him a wife.
(d) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
4. How long before learning of his death had Ono visited his old friend?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
5. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He wants to stay with his mother.
(b) He's playing a game.
(c) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(d) He says it's women's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
2. Why does Ono quit painting for such a long time?
3. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
4. What causes Ono's great sense of triumph?
5. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)