|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
(a) They wrote unpleasant critiques of one another's work.
(b) They wrote slurs about one another.
(c) They shouted good-humored insults across the yard.
(d) They destroyed each other's paintings.
2. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
(a) He expanded their points of view.
(b) He listened, but did not respond.
(c) He corrected their errors.
(d) He explained his intentions.
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is prestigious.
(b) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(c) It is visually exciting.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
4. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
(a) They wrote critiques of each painting.
(b) They spoke as though he were not present.
(c) They asked him questions as he worked.
(d) They told him they thought his painting was marvelous.
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(b) He hired him as an apprentice.
(c) He found him a wife.
(d) He loaned him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
2. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
3. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
4. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
5. How does Ono feel about the future of Japan?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)