|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) Noriko might become overconfident.
(b) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
(c) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
(d) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
2. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as permanently damaged by the war.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as unaccountable for his actions.
(c) Ono hopes his friend will return to him.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as cleverly pretending to be ignorant.
3. What does Noriko like about her apartment?
(a) It has a spectacular view of the city.
(b) It is very traditional.
(c) It is Western and modern.
(d) It is spacious.
4. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's learning to speak English.
(b) He's improved the house alone.
(c) He's modernized his painting style.
(d) He's learning to cook.
5. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(a) Fire engines.
(c) Anti-war slogans.
(d) Destroyed buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
2. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
3. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
4. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
5. What does Matsuda's neighbor boy do each day?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)