|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
(a) By converting Kawabe Park into the focus of culture.
(b) By eliminating the pleasure district.
(c) By leaving his fortune to the local university.
(d) By holding prestigious auctions for his four houses.
2. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The long corridor.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The reception room.
3. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
(a) He had no understanding of politics.
(b) His worldview was too broad.
(c) His perspective as an artist was narrow.
(d) He had no interest in politics.
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Stand and fight for her place.
(b) Hold out for a higher offer.
(c) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(d) Refuse to sell her place.
5. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
(a) He wonders if Metsuo would make a good son-in-law.
(b) He thinks Metsuo does not hide his feelings.
(c) Ono is worried that Metsuo was in love with Noriko.
(d) Metsuo is unusually handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
2. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
4. What kindness does Matsuda perform for Ono?
5. What had Ono completed the same week he received the award?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)