|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found where Mrs. Kawakami's and the Migi-Hidari once stood?
(a) A restaurant and an office building.
(b) A bank and a theater.
(c) A theater and a restaurant.
(d) An office building and a parking lot.
2. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
(b) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(c) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(d) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
3. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
(a) He thinks Metsuo does not hide his feelings.
(b) Ono is worried that Metsuo was in love with Noriko.
(c) Metsuo is unusually handsome.
(d) He wonders if Metsuo would make a good son-in-law.
4. What implication does Setsuko make in Noriko's kitchen that offends Ono?
(a) That Ono's ideas had caused Kenji's death.
(b) That Ono had ignored his wife's advice about child-rearing.
(c) That Ono's child-rearing ideas had been too lax.
(d) That Ono's child-rearing ideas had been too strict.
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) American heroes.
(b) Japanese heroes.
(c) Samurai warriors.
(d) Ninja fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters is older?
2. What is the last year covered in this story?
3. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
5. When does Ono feel the sense of triumph he had hoped for?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)