|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He wanders.
(b) He mopes.
(c) He is sociable.
(d) He tyrannizes her.
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To improve her social standing.
(b) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
(c) To shorten the walk to town.
(d) To impress his son's high school friends.
3. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(b) Loan her money.
(c) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(d) Visit her new bar when it's built.
4. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) To buy her out for a generous sum.
(b) To fund remodeling of her business.
(c) To fund an expansion into the adjoining buildings.
(d) To go into partnership with her.
5. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
(a) He had no interest in politics.
(b) His worldview was too broad.
(c) His perspective as an artist was narrow.
(d) He had no understanding of politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matsuda say the world sees when they look at Ono and Matsuda now that the war is behind them?
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
3. What is a miai?
4. Why does the smell of burning make Ono uneasy?
5. What honor had Ono received in 1938?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)