|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before learning of his death had Ono visited his old friend?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
2. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(b) Loan her money.
(c) Visit her new bar when it's built.
(d) Bring all his friends to her bar.
3. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
(a) They wrote slurs about one another.
(b) They destroyed each other's paintings.
(c) They shouted good-humored insults across the yard.
(d) They wrote unpleasant critiques of one another's work.
4. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(b) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) He should stay home with the women.
5. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
(a) Perhaps it was not always for the best.
(b) Perhaps it will never be recreated.
(c) Perhaps it was the best we will ever know.
(d) Perhaps it will be reborn at some point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
2. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
3. Why does Matsuda envy Ono?
4. What news does Ono give Matsuda about himself?
5. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)