|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
(a) Because he has lost his skill.
(b) Because he lost interest in art.
(c) Because he is too old.
(d) Because Japan lost the war.
2. How does Setsuko think Saito felt about Ono?
(a) Setsuko thinks Saito was rude to Ono.
(b) Setsuko thinks Saito was an admirer of Ono's work.
(c) Setsuko thinks Saito had no idea who Ono was until the marriage negotiations.
(d) Setsuko thinks Saito disapproved of Ono.
3. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Quaint and charming.
(b) Homelike and appealing.
(c) Traditional and historic.
(d) Shabby and out of place.
4. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They've gone too far.
(b) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
5. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
(a) They told him they thought his painting was marvelous.
(b) They spoke as though he were not present.
(c) They wrote critiques of each painting.
(d) They asked him questions as he worked.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono evaluate Naguchi's suicide?
2. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
3. Why had Matsuda called Ono naive in the old days?
4. How does Ono find his old friend upon his second visit?
5. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)