|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He is sociable.
(b) He wanders.
(c) He tyrannizes her.
(d) He mopes.
2. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By insulting her father.
(b) By disparaging their house.
(c) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(d) By implying that she would never marry.
3. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
(a) Because his aunt Noriko says spinach will make him strong.
(b) Because his father says spinach will make him strong.
(c) Because Popeye says spinach makes him strong.
(d) Because his mother says spinach will make him strong.
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(b) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(c) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(d) Both girls are shy and retiring.
5. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) To go into partnership with her.
(b) To fund an expansion into the adjoining buildings.
(c) To fund remodeling of her business.
(d) To buy her out for a generous sum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
2. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
4. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
5. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)