|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
(b) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(c) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
(d) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(b) By calling her a boy.
(c) By calling her ugly.
(d) By beating her at games.
3. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) American heroes.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) Ninja fighters.
(d) Japanese heroes.
4. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He doted on them.
(b) He spoiled them.
(c) He was a tyrant.
(d) He ignored them.
5. What is a miai?
(a) A business meeting.
(b) An engagement party.
(c) A formal meeting between the families of a prospective bride and groom.
(d) A wedding reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
2. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
3. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
5. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)