|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a miai?
(a) An engagement party.
(b) A wedding reception.
(c) A formal meeting between the families of a prospective bride and groom.
(d) A business meeting.
2. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(b) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(c) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(d) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
3. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He burned them.
(b) He sold them.
(c) He took them to an appraiser.
(d) He took them to a teacher.
4. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(b) Theaters and restaurants.
(c) Geisha houses.
5. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A desert.
(d) A boomtown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
2. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
3. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
4. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
5. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)