|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is dishonest
(b) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(c) She feels guilty for not helping.
(d) It is disrespectful.
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) They would go see the monster movie.
(b) He would take him to the zoo.
(c) He would buy him art supplies.
(d) He would bring him dessert.
3. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
(a) If Shintaro could get a teaching position.
(b) If Shintaro would return to the pleasure district.
(c) If Shintaro had the courage and honesty to admit his past deeds.
(d) If Shintaro would find a wife.
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(b) Hold out for a higher offer.
(c) Refuse to sell her place.
(d) Stand and fight for her place.
5. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It suffered no damage during the war.
(b) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(c) It is prestigious.
(d) It is visually exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
2. What position is Shintaro applying for?
3. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
4. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)