|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(b) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) They've gone too far.
2. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
(a) It may yet return.
(b) It is just as well that it will not return.
(c) Ono will pray for its return.
(d) It would be better if it returned.
3. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By threatening to send him to his room.
(b) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
(c) By telling him she will give him a treat.
(d) By threatening him with a time out.
4. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(b) Lowlife thugs.
(c) Artists and writers.
5. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(b) By drinking too much.
(c) By changing his painting style.
(d) By joking too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
2. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
3. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
4. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
5. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)