|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(b) He wants to stay with his mother.
(c) He says it's women's work.
(d) He's playing a game.
2. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
(a) The sisters' deceased father had known of his wealth.
(b) The sisters' deceased father had respected his art.
(c) The sisters'deceased father had been a relative.
(d) The sisters' deceased father owed Ono a debt.
3. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
(b) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(c) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
(d) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
4. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is visually exciting.
(b) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(c) It is prestigious.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
5. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(c) Geisha houses.
(d) Theaters and restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono like about the garden?
2. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
4. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
5. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)