|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Get up for breakfast.
(b) Stay awake for dinner.
(c) Remember to eat.
(d) Go to bed.
2. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(b) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(c) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(d) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro was speaking German.
(b) Ichiro invented his own language.
(c) Ichiro mumbled.
(d) Ichiro was speaking English.
5. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(b) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(d) That he had no talents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
2. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
3. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
5. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)