|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
2. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(b) It is visually exciting.
(c) It is prestigious.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
3. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
(a) A samurai warrior.
(b) The Ninja of the wind.
(c) Roy Rogers.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
4. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
(a) Perhaps it was not always for the best.
(b) Perhaps it will never be recreated.
(c) Perhaps it was the best we will ever know.
(d) Perhaps it will be reborn at some point.
5. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
(b) She thought it would cost them money.
(c) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(d) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
2. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
3. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
4. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
5. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)