|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(b) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(c) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
2. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
(a) The sisters' deceased father owed Ono a debt.
(b) The sisters' deceased father had known of his wealth.
(c) The sisters'deceased father had been a relative.
(d) The sisters' deceased father had respected his art.
3. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(b) His parents hired a tutor for him.
(c) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
(d) His parents were studying English.
4. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) She bought new games to play at home.
(b) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(c) A trip to the art museum.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
5. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Art is useless in the world.
(b) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(c) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
(d) Artists are dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
2. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)