|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
(b) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
(c) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(d) He praises Kuroda's work.
2. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
(a) Artists and writers.
(c) Lowlife thugs.
3. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) Noriko might become overconfident.
(b) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
(c) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
(d) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
4. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would build a room for her.
(b) That she could live with their family.
(c) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(d) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
5. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
(a) Office buildings.
(b) More modern bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
2. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
3. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
5. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)