|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) They are ugly and too modern.
(d) They are a sign of progress.
2. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(b) Comic book illustrator.
(c) High school teacher.
(d) Graphic artist.
3. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
(a) It would be better if it returned.
(b) It is just as well that it will not return.
(c) Ono will pray for its return.
(d) It may yet return.
4. What is a miai?
(a) An engagement party.
(b) A wedding reception.
(c) A formal meeting between the families of a prospective bride and groom.
(d) A business meeting.
5. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
(b) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(c) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
(d) The others had worse records than the Onos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
3. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
5. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)