|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Build a fine new place.
(b) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
(c) Relax and put her feet up.
(d) Retire to the seaside.
2. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Remember to eat.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Get up for breakfast.
(d) Stay awake for dinner.
3. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
(a) More modern bars.
(b) Office buildings.
4. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(b) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(c) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(d) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
5. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Art is useless in the world.
(b) Artists are dishonest.
(c) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(d) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
2. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
5. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)