|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
(a) It is an embarrassing disaster.
(b) It is relaxed, no longer awkward.
(c) It is awkward, no longer relaxed.
(d) It is boring, so everyone leaves early.
2. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
(a) Failing to learn from them.
(b) Being unable or unwilling to acknowledge them.
(c) Continuing to make the same mistakes.
(d) Encouraging others to commit the same mistakes.
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should obey his mother.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should stay home with the women.
(d) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
4. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would build a room for her.
(b) That she could live with their family.
(c) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(d) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
5. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(b) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(c) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(d) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
2. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
3. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
4. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
5. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)