|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
(a) It may yet return.
(b) It is just as well that it will not return.
(c) It would be better if it returned.
(d) Ono will pray for its return.
2. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He burned them.
(c) He took them to a teacher.
(d) He took them to an appraiser.
3. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
(a) If Shintaro had the courage and honesty to admit his past deeds.
(b) If Shintaro would return to the pleasure district.
(c) If Shintaro would find a wife.
(d) If Shintaro could get a teaching position.
4. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Loan her money.
(b) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(c) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(d) Visit her new bar when it's built.
5. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
2. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
3. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
4. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
5. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)