|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her a boy.
(b) By calling her ugly.
(c) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(d) By beating her at games.
2. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) They've gone too far.
3. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Homelike and appealing.
(b) Quaint and charming.
(c) Shabby and out of place.
(d) Traditional and historic.
4. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Loan her money.
(b) Visit her new bar when it's built.
(c) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(d) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
5. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(b) She bought new games to play at home.
(c) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(d) A trip to the art museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
2. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
4. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
5. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)