|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(b) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
(c) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(d) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
2. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) She bought new games to play at home.
(b) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(c) A trip to the art museum.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
3. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(b) He praises Kuroda's work.
(c) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
(d) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Relax and put her feet up.
(b) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
(c) Build a fine new place.
(d) Retire to the seaside.
5. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
(b) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(c) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(d) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
2. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
3. Which of the sisters is older?
4. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
5. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)