|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would build a room for her.
(b) That she could live with their family.
(c) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(d) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
2. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
(b) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
(c) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
(d) Noriko might become overconfident.
3. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) There were too many of them.
(b) He was too poor.
(c) He was not regarded as first rank.
(d) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
4. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(b) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(c) They've gone too far.
(d) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
5. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Remember to eat.
(b) Stay awake for dinner.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Get up for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
2. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
3. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)