|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her ugly.
(b) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(c) By calling her a boy.
(d) By beating her at games.
2. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By insulting her father.
(b) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(c) By disparaging their house.
(d) By implying that she would never marry.
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's headstrong.
(b) He's messy.
(c) He's precocious.
(d) He's unusually intelligent.
5. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Ignoring the war effort.
(b) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(c) Encouraging the war effort.
(d) Trying to stop the war effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
2. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
3. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
4. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
5. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)