|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(d) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
2. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should stay home with the women.
(b) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) The movie might be too scary for young children.
3. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono is the only one.
(b) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(c) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(d) The construction workers are the only ones.
4. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(a) High school teacher.
(b) Comic book illustrator.
(d) Graphic artist.
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(b) He found him a wife.
(c) He hired him as an apprentice.
(d) He loaned him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
2. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
3. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
5. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)