|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(b) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(c) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(d) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
2. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's messy.
(b) He's unusually intelligent.
(c) He's headstrong.
(d) He's precocious.
3. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Relax and put her feet up.
(b) Retire to the seaside.
(c) Build a fine new place.
(d) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Lord Yoshitsune.
(b) Gene Autry.
(c) Roy Rogers.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
5. What does Ono like about the garden?
(a) It seems natural, not artificially designed.
(b) It is skillfully designed.
(c) It is an elaborate labyrinth.
(d) It reflects many cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
2. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
4. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
5. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)