|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By changing his painting style.
(b) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(c) By drinking too much.
(d) By joking too loudly.
2. Which of the sisters is older?
(a) They are twins.
(d) We are not told.
3. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(b) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(c) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(d) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
4. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He's playing a game.
(b) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(c) He says it's women's work.
(d) He wants to stay with his mother.
5. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(b) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(c) It was a tragic waste.
(d) It brought shame to his employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
2. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
3. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
4. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
5. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)