|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(b) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
(c) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
(d) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
2. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should obey his mother.
(b) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(c) He should stay home with the women.
(d) The movie might be too scary for young children.
3. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Shabby and out of place.
(b) Homelike and appealing.
(c) Traditional and historic.
(d) Quaint and charming.
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Hold out for a higher offer.
(b) Refuse to sell her place.
(c) Stand and fight for her place.
(d) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The long corridor.
(d) The reception room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
2. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
3. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
4. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
5. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)