|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Shrimp with rice.
2. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Melancholy and nocturnal.
(b) Black and depressed.
(c) Bright and sunny.
(d) Cheerful and multicolored.
3. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
(a) Lively and intelligent.
(b) Shy and innocent.
(c) Dignified and silent.
(d) Quiet and respectful.
4. How does Ichiro try to be grown-up when he meets Ono in the park?
(a) He refuses to play.
(b) He doesn't smile.
(c) He behaves calmly.
(d) He shakes hands instead of hugging him.
5. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
(a) He corrected their errors.
(b) He listened, but did not respond.
(c) He explained his intentions.
(d) He expanded their points of view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
2. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
4. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
5. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)