|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(b) He wants to stay with his mother.
(c) He's playing a game.
(d) He says it's women's work.
2. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
(b) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
(c) Noriko might become overconfident.
(d) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
3. What does Noriko like about her apartment?
(a) It is very traditional.
(b) It has a spectacular view of the city.
(c) It is spacious.
(d) It is Western and modern.
4. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
(a) Because his mother says spinach will make him strong.
(b) Because his father says spinach will make him strong.
(c) Because his aunt Noriko says spinach will make him strong.
(d) Because Popeye says spinach makes him strong.
5. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They've gone too far.
(b) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(c) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(d) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
2. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
3. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
4. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
5. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)