|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the sisters is older?
(a) We are not told.
(d) They are twins.
2. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
(a) His service as an artist was more important.
(b) He had a bad leg.
(c) He was mentally defective.
(d) He was his family's only support.
3. Why does Ono admire Sugimura?
(a) He aspired to fame.
(b) He was a skilled landscape designer.
(c) He aspired to make a fortune.
(d) He aspired to rise above mediocrity.
4. How do the art students treat Sasaki when he changes his style?
(a) They criticized him in public.
(b) They burned his work in the courtyard.
(c) They gave him a goodbye party and sent him away.
(d) They hid his paintings and refused to speak to him.
5. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Lively and intelligent.
(b) Quiet and shy.
(c) Noisy and disrespectful.
(d) Boastful and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
2. What remains of Sugimura's planned Kawabe Park?
3. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
5. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)