|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By beating her at games.
(b) By calling her ugly.
(c) By calling her a boy.
(d) By making fun of her awkwardness.
2. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He obeys her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He laughs at her.
3. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Lively and intelligent.
(b) Noisy and disrespectful.
(c) Boastful and rude.
(d) Quiet and shy.
4. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(b) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
(c) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
(d) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
5. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
(a) Ono is her last dependable customer.
(b) Ono is her only friend.
(c) Ono could support the endeavor.
(d) Ono is shrewd about business matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
2. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
3. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
4. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
5. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)