|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He obeys her.
2. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(b) A trip to the art museum.
(c) She bought new games to play at home.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
3. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
4. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) It makes a man stronger.
(b) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
(c) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(d) It separates strong men from weak women.
5. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(d) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
2. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
3. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
4. What position is Shintaro applying for?
5. How does Ichiro try to be grown-up when he meets Ono in the park?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)