|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
2. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He has applied for several teaching positions.
(b) He has found a new job.
(c) He is leaving the city.
(d) He is getting married.
3. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
(b) Relax and put her feet up.
(c) Build a fine new place.
(d) Retire to the seaside.
4. Why does Ono introduce Kenji into the conversation in Noriko's kitchen?
(a) He suddenly recalls his son's death.
(b) He had argued with his wife about giving Kenji sake at the same age.
(c) His son, had he been present, would have taken his side.
(d) He feels outnumbered by women.
5. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
(a) His friendship with Ono.
(b) His creation of posters during the China crisis.
(c) His sloppier art work.
(d) His time as Moriyama's student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
2. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
3. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
4. What famous Japanese artist does Moriyama emulate?
5. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)