|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from sprouts.
(b) He sent for plants from abroad.
(c) He grew his plants from seeds.
(d) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
2. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Shabby and out of place.
(b) Traditional and historic.
(c) Quaint and charming.
(d) Homelike and appealing.
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(c) She feels guilty for not helping.
(d) It is dishonest
4. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
(a) Ways of speaking.
(b) His height and facial features.
(c) Mannerisms and little facial habits.
5. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(b) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(c) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
(d) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
2. What famous Japanese artist does Moriyama emulate?
3. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
4. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
5. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)