|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
(a) She berates her sister for her rudeness.
(b) She insists that he be invited to come along.
(c) She decides to stay home with him.
(d) She cancels the trip to go to the cinema with him.
2. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
(a) Those made in youth.
(b) Those made against one's will.
(c) Those made in good faith.
(d) Those made in ignorance.
3. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
(a) A teapot.
(b) A lotus.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A lantern.
4. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for not helping.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(d) It is dishonest
5. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would bring him dessert.
(b) He would take him to the zoo.
(c) He would buy him art supplies.
(d) They would go see the monster movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono like best about the house?
2. Why does Ono admire Sugimura?
3. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
5. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)