|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(b) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(c) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
(d) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
2. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
(a) Ono believes students often know more than their teachers.
(b) Ono believes it is foolish to waste time discussing each comment.
(c) Ono believes it is important for students to develop their own thinking.
(d) Ono believes students' comments are mere flattery.
3. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(b) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(c) A trip to the art museum.
(d) She bought new games to play at home.
4. Why is Ono considered as a potential buyer for the Sugimura house?
(a) The sisters' deceased father had respected his art.
(b) The sisters' deceased father owed Ono a debt.
(c) The sisters'deceased father had been a relative.
(d) The sisters' deceased father had known of his wealth.
5. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
(a) He abandoned the use of dark outlines.
(b) He used bold, bright colors.
(c) He outlined his figures in black.
(d) He used oils instead of watercolors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
2. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
3. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
5. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)