|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
(a) A new kabuki theater.
(b) A European style concert hall.
(c) A cemetery for cats and dogs.
(d) A museum of natural science.
2. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
(a) He had devoted his life to changing with modernizing trends.
(b) He had devoted his life to capturing a unique beauty.
(c) He had devoted his life to nurturing young talent.
(d) He had devoted his life to repudiating debauchery.
3. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
(a) He abandoned the use of dark outlines.
(b) He used bold, bright colors.
(c) He used oils instead of watercolors.
(d) He outlined his figures in black.
4. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
(a) Because Ono did not like them.
(b) Because he could never satisfy his own plan.
(c) Because Moriyama did not like them.
(d) Because Sasaki, the leading pupil, called them "disloyal".
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The reception room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The long corridor.
(d) The veranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
2. What remains of Sugimura's planned Kawabe Park?
3. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
4. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
5. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)