|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous Japanese artist does Moriyama emulate?
2. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(b) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(c) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(d) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
3. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
(a) For a little while, they can believe they're stronger.
(b) It helps men see the beauty of the floating world.
(c) It separates strong men from weak women.
(d) It makes a man stronger.
4. Which of the sisters is older?
(b) We are not told.
(c) They are twins.
5. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Black and depressed.
(b) Bright and sunny.
(c) Melancholy and nocturnal.
(d) Cheerful and multicolored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ichiro actually pretending to be when he imagines himself on horseback?
2. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
3. How does Sugimura plan to leave his mark on the city forever?
4. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
5. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)