|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Lively and intelligent.
(b) Boastful and rude.
(c) Noisy and disrespectful.
(d) Quiet and shy.
2. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(b) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(c) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(d) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for not helping.
(b) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) It is dishonest
4. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Shabby and out of place.
(b) Traditional and historic.
(c) Quaint and charming.
(d) Homelike and appealing.
5. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
(a) A lotus.
(b) A teapot.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
2. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
3. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
4. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
5. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)