|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he learns there will be sake at dinner, what makes Ichiro laugh?
(a) Ichiro might get drunk.
(b) His aunt Noriko might get drunk.
(c) His grandfather Ono might get drunk.
(d) His father might get drunk.
2. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(b) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(c) Visit her new bar when it's built.
(d) Loan her money.
3. How does Ichiro try to be grown-up when he meets Ono in the park?
(a) He doesn't smile.
(b) He refuses to play.
(c) He shakes hands instead of hugging him.
(d) He behaves calmly.
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By insulting her father.
(b) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(c) By disparaging their house.
(d) By implying that she would never marry.
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents were studying English.
(b) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(c) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
(d) His parents hired a tutor for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
2. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
3. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
4. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
5. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)