|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Bright and sunny.
(b) Cheerful and multicolored.
(c) Black and depressed.
(d) Melancholy and nocturnal.
2. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
(b) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
(c) Recommend his artwork.
(d) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
3. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
(a) The long corridor.
(b) The veranda.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The reception room.
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(b) By insulting her father.
(c) By implying that she would never marry.
(d) By disparaging their house.
5. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the art museum.
(b) She bought new games to play at home.
(c) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Shintaro applying for?
2. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
3. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
4. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
5. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)