|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) They've gone too far.
(d) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
2. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
(a) Perhaps it was not always for the best.
(b) Perhaps it will never be recreated.
(c) Perhaps it will be reborn at some point.
(d) Perhaps it was the best we will ever know.
3. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He has applied for several teaching positions.
(b) He is leaving the city.
(c) He has found a new job.
(d) He is getting married.
4. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(a) Geisha houses.
(b) Theaters and restaurants.
5. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) That Ichiro should never drink sake.
(b) That Ichiro should wait a few years for sake.
(c) That Ichiro should be taught better manners.
(d) That Ichiro should have a taste of sake with dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
2. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
3. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
5. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)