|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
(a) Ono believes it is important for students to develop their own thinking.
(b) Ono believes it is foolish to waste time discussing each comment.
(c) Ono believes students often know more than their teachers.
(d) Ono believes students' comments are mere flattery.
2. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Get up for breakfast.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Stay awake for dinner.
(d) Remember to eat.
3. Why does Ono introduce Kenji into the conversation in Noriko's kitchen?
(a) He feels outnumbered by women.
(b) He suddenly recalls his son's death.
(c) His son, had he been present, would have taken his side.
(d) He had argued with his wife about giving Kenji sake at the same age.
4. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(b) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(c) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(d) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
5. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Noisy and disrespectful.
(b) Boastful and rude.
(c) Lively and intelligent.
(d) Quiet and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
2. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
3. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. What position is Shintaro applying for?
5. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)