|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
(a) With great respect.
(b) With complete disinterest.
(c) With evident disdain.
(d) With obvious curiosity.
2. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
(a) Ono believes students' comments are mere flattery.
(b) Ono believes it is important for students to develop their own thinking.
(c) Ono believes it is foolish to waste time discussing each comment.
(d) Ono believes students often know more than their teachers.
3. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
(a) Bright and sunny.
(b) Cheerful and multicolored.
(c) Black and depressed.
(d) Melancholy and nocturnal.
4. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her ugly.
(b) By calling her a boy.
(c) By beating her at games.
(d) By making fun of her awkwardness.
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He took them to a teacher.
(c) He took them to an appraiser.
(d) He burned them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
2. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
5. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)