|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(b) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(c) They've gone too far.
(d) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
2. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
(a) He had devoted his life to nurturing young talent.
(b) He had devoted his life to repudiating debauchery.
(c) He had devoted his life to changing with modernizing trends.
(d) He had devoted his life to capturing a unique beauty.
3. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
(d) The sea.
4. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(b) By calling her ugly.
(c) By calling her a boy.
(d) By beating her at games.
5. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro invented his own language.
(b) Ichiro was speaking German.
(c) Ichiro was speaking English.
(d) Ichiro mumbled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
2. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
3. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
4. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
5. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)