|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(b) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(c) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(d) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
2. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
(a) Because Sasaki, the leading pupil, called them "disloyal".
(b) Because he could never satisfy his own plan.
(c) Because Moriyama did not like them.
(d) Because Ono did not like them.
3. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
(a) Because his father says spinach will make him strong.
(b) Because his mother says spinach will make him strong.
(c) Because Popeye says spinach makes him strong.
(d) Because his aunt Noriko says spinach will make him strong.
4. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
(d) The sea.
5. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The well-lighted kitchen.
(c) The long garden corridor.
(d) The reception room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
2. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
3. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
5. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)