|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a miai?
(a) A formal meeting between the families of a prospective bride and groom.
(b) A wedding reception.
(c) An engagement party.
(d) A business meeting.
2. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
(a) Ono believes it is foolish to waste time discussing each comment.
(b) Ono believes students' comments are mere flattery.
(c) Ono believes students often know more than their teachers.
(d) Ono believes it is important for students to develop their own thinking.
3. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(a) Fire engines.
(b) Destroyed buildings.
(c) Anti-war slogans.
4. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
(a) It may yet return.
(b) It would be better if it returned.
(c) It is just as well that it will not return.
(d) Ono will pray for its return.
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents bought him an audiotape.
(b) His parents were studying English.
(c) His parents hired a tutor for him.
(d) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
2. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
3. How many students has Moriyama had at his villa?
4. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
5. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)