|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
(a) Conscience-troubled men would decide to go home or out for entertainment.
(b) One side had been rebuilt; the other was destroyed.
(c) One side was modern; the other old-fashioned.
(d) The city had to decide whether to rebuild the bridge.
2. What famous Japanese artist does Moriyama emulate?
3. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
(a) If Shintaro could get a teaching position.
(b) If Shintaro would find a wife.
(c) If Shintaro would return to the pleasure district.
(d) If Shintaro had the courage and honesty to admit his past deeds.
4. Why does Moriyama declare himself unsatisfied with his early work?
(a) He had been caught in the pleasures of the floating world.
(b) He had felt guilty about the pleasures of the floating world.
(c) He had been unable to capture the essence of the floating world.
(d) He had been unskilled about the floating world.
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for not helping.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) It is dishonest
(d) She feels guilty for causing discord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always somewhere in a Moriyama painting?
2. What does Ono like about the garden?
3. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
4. What does Noriko like about her apartment?
5. What is the "floating world"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)