|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
(a) Being unable or unwilling to acknowledge them.
(b) Continuing to make the same mistakes.
(c) Failing to learn from them.
(d) Encouraging others to commit the same mistakes.
2. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) Roy Rogers.
(b) Gene Autry.
(c) Lord Yoshitsune.
(d) The Lone Ranger.
3. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(b) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(c) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(d) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By implying that she would never marry.
(b) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(c) By insulting her father.
(d) By disparaging their house.
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
(a) His parents were studying English.
(b) His parents hired a tutor for him.
(c) His parents took him to a cowboy movie.
(d) His parents bought him an audiotape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
2. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
3. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
4. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
5. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)