|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
(b) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
(c) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
(d) Noriko might become overconfident.
2. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
(a) It may yet return.
(b) It is just as well that it will not return.
(c) It would be better if it returned.
(d) Ono will pray for its return.
3. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
(c) More modern bars.
(d) Office buildings.
4. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Ignoring the war effort.
(b) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(c) Encouraging the war effort.
(d) Trying to stop the war effort.
5. What is the "floating world"?
(a) The world of nighttime entertainment and drink.
(b) The water lilies in the palace courtyard.
(c) The life of beachcombers and fishermen.
(d) The changing political landscape of Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
2. How does Moriyama respond to his students' comments about his painting?
3. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
4. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
5. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)