|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
(a) He was mentally defective.
(b) He had a bad leg.
(c) His service as an artist was more important.
(d) He was his family's only support.
2. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
(b) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(c) He praises Kuroda's work.
(d) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
3. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(b) By drinking too much.
(c) By changing his painting style.
(d) By joking too loudly.
4. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
(a) Because he lost interest in art.
(b) Because he is too old.
(c) Because he has lost his skill.
(d) Because Japan lost the war.
5. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(b) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(c) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
(d) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
2. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
3. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
4. What is the common subject of Moriyama's paintings?
5. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)