|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
(a) He used bold, bright colors.
(b) He used oils instead of watercolors.
(c) He abandoned the use of dark outlines.
(d) He outlined his figures in black.
2. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) He was being punished.
(c) He couldn't understand what his father said.
(d) The incense in the room made it hard to breathe.
3. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Retire to the seaside.
(b) Relax and put her feet up.
(c) Build a fine new place.
(d) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(b) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(c) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
5. What remains of Sugimura's planned Kawabe Park?
(a) Only the museum.
(b) Only the kabuki theater.
(c) Only the grass where the museums and theaters would have stood.
(d) Only the concert hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
2. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
3. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
4. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
5. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)