|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
(b) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(c) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
(d) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
2. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(d) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
3. What does Ono say in Noriko's kitchen that upsets Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) That Ichiro should never drink sake.
(b) That Ichiro should be taught better manners.
(c) That Ichiro should have a taste of sake with dinner.
(d) That Ichiro should wait a few years for sake.
4. How does Ichiro try to be grown-up when he meets Ono in the park?
(a) He behaves calmly.
(b) He shakes hands instead of hugging him.
(c) He refuses to play.
(d) He doesn't smile.
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's unusually intelligent.
(b) He's messy.
(c) He's headstrong.
(d) He's precocious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
2. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
3. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
4. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
5. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)