|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Encouraging the war effort.
(b) Trying to stop the war effort.
(c) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(d) Ignoring the war effort.
2. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Shabby and out of place.
(b) Quaint and charming.
(c) Traditional and historic.
(d) Homelike and appealing.
3. Why does Moriyama declare himself unsatisfied with his early work?
(a) He had been unable to capture the essence of the floating world.
(b) He had felt guilty about the pleasures of the floating world.
(c) He had been unskilled about the floating world.
(d) He had been caught in the pleasures of the floating world.
4. What does Setsuko say in Kawabe Park that irritates Ono?
(a) That he had embarrassed the family during the miai.
(b) That she is ashamed of his behavior.
(c) That it would be appropriate for him to consider suicide.
(d) That everyone was surprised at his self-incrimination during the miai.
5. Why does the Tortoise often destroy his own paintings?
(a) Because Ono did not like them.
(b) Because he could never satisfy his own plan.
(c) Because Sasaki, the leading pupil, called them "disloyal".
(d) Because Moriyama did not like them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Shintaro applying for?
2. Why is Ono surprised at Setsuko's view of Noriko's marriage negotiation?
3. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
4. What does Moriyama wish to accomplish with his students?
5. What does Ono like about the garden?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)