|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should stay home with the women.
(d) He should obey his mother.
2. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
(a) Dignified and silent.
(b) Quiet and respectful.
(c) Lively and intelligent.
(d) Shy and innocent.
3. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) To go into partnership with her.
(b) To fund an expansion into the adjoining buildings.
(c) To fund remodeling of her business.
(d) To buy her out for a generous sum.
4. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They've gone too far.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
5. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
(a) Ways of speaking.
(b) Mannerisms and little facial habits.
(d) His height and facial features.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
2. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
3. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
4. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
5. What is the "floating world"?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)