|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students has Moriyama had at his villa?
2. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It suffered no damage during the war.
(b) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(c) It is prestigious.
(d) It is visually exciting.
3. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(a) Destroyed buildings.
(b) Fire engines.
(c) Anti-war slogans.
4. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
(a) His songs had been used to promote war.
(b) No one had appreciated his music.
(c) He had a terminal illness.
(d) His songs had been misunderstood.
5. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
(a) If Shintaro had the courage and honesty to admit his past deeds.
(b) If Shintaro could get a teaching position.
(c) If Shintaro would find a wife.
(d) If Shintaro would return to the pleasure district.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
3. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
4. Why does Mrs. Kawakami want Ono's advice about the corporation's offer?
5. What is the mood of Moriyama's paintings?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)