|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
(a) No man has helped more students than I have.
(b) No man will make me believe I have wasted my time.
(c) No man has furthered art in our country more than I have.
(d) No man has painted better than I.
2. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) One or two buildings are under construction.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(d) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They are ugly and too modern.
(b) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(c) They are a sign of progress.
(d) They are beautiful.
4. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
(a) Mannerisms and little facial habits.
(b) Ways of speaking.
(c) His height and facial features.
5. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
2. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
3. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
4. Why does Ono admire Sugimura?
5. According to Suichi, Ichiro's father, why does Ono quit painting?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)