|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He was a tyrant.
(c) He spoiled them.
(d) He doted on them.
2. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
(a) He abandoned the use of dark outlines.
(b) He outlined his figures in black.
(c) He used oils instead of watercolors.
(d) He used bold, bright colors.
3. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
(a) Conceal their relationship to Ono.
(b) Forget they ever knew Ono.
(c) Forget Ono's part in the war.
(d) Remain grateful to Ono for what they learned.
4. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(d) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
5. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(a) Anti-war slogans.
(b) Fire engines.
(d) Destroyed buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
2. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
3. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
4. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
5. What does Moriyama wish to accomplish with his students?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)