|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the songwriter Naguchi commit suicide?
(a) His songs had been misunderstood.
(b) His songs had been used to promote war.
(c) No one had appreciated his music.
(d) He had a terminal illness.
2. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(b) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
(c) One or two buildings are under construction.
(d) Nothing has changed.
3. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
(b) Trying to stop the war effort.
(c) Ignoring the war effort.
(d) Encouraging the war effort.
4. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(a) Comic book illustrator.
(b) Graphic artist.
(d) High school teacher.
5. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They are ugly and too modern.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(d) They are a sign of progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
2. Which of the sisters is older?
3. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
5. When did Saito first meet Ono?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)