|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He's playing a game.
(b) He wants to stay with his mother.
(c) He says it's women's work.
(d) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
2. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
(a) They wrote unpleasant critiques of one another's work.
(b) They shouted good-humored insults across the yard.
(c) They destroyed each other's paintings.
(d) They wrote slurs about one another.
3. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(b) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(c) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(d) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
4. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for not helping.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) It is dishonest
(d) She feels guilty for causing discord.
5. How do the art students treat Sasaki when he changes his style?
(a) They criticized him in public.
(b) They hid his paintings and refused to speak to him.
(c) They gave him a goodbye party and sent him away.
(d) They burned his work in the courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe is more shameful than one's past mistakes?
2. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
3. What does Ono hope his own students will do?
4. What does Moriyama wish to accomplish with his students?
5. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)