|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
2. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The long garden corridor.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The veranda.
(d) The well-lighted kitchen.
3. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Artists are dishonest.
(b) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
(c) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(d) Art is useless in the world.
4. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
(b) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
(c) That she could live with their family.
(d) That he would build a room for her.
5. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
2. Why does Ono come to admire Moriyama's treatment of his students?
3. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
4. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
5. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)