|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(b) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(c) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
(d) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
2. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To impress his son's high school friends.
(b) To shorten the walk to town.
(c) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
(d) To improve her social standing.
3. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
(a) With evident disdain.
(b) With great respect.
(c) With obvious curiosity.
(d) With complete disinterest.
4. Why does Ichiro say spinach is his favorite food?
(a) Because his father says spinach will make him strong.
(b) Because his aunt Noriko says spinach will make him strong.
(c) Because Popeye says spinach makes him strong.
(d) Because his mother says spinach will make him strong.
5. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
(b) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
(c) Recommend his artwork.
(d) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ono tell his pupils that is similar to what Moriyama has said?
2. What is the "floating world"?
3. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
4. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
5. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)