|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sugimura's plans does Ono believe is "eccentric"?
(a) A European style concert hall.
(b) A cemetery for cats and dogs.
(c) A new kabuki theater.
(d) A museum of natural science.
2. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
(a) With great respect.
(b) With evident disdain.
(c) With complete disinterest.
(d) With obvious curiosity.
3. What is the "floating world"?
(a) The water lilies in the palace courtyard.
(b) The changing political landscape of Japan.
(c) The world of nighttime entertainment and drink.
(d) The life of beachcombers and fishermen.
4. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
(b) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(c) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
(d) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
5. What traits does Ono observe that Ichiro has inherited from his mother?
(b) Ways of speaking.
(c) Mannerisms and little facial habits.
(d) His height and facial features.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
2. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
3. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
4. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
5. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)