|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
(b) There were too many of them.
(c) He was too poor.
(d) He was not regarded as first rank.
2. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(b) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(c) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(d) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
3. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
(a) Only drunkards find value in that which fades in the morning.
(b) All artists seek the light of day.
(c) The worst things happen in the darkness.
(d) The best things are put together at night and vanish in the morning.
4. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He hired him as an apprentice.
(b) He loaned him money.
(c) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
(d) He found him a wife.
5. What is Ichiro's favorite food now that he is eight-years-old?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Shrimp with rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
2. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
3. What shows European influences on Moriyama?
4. What does Ono tell Ichiro about why men drink sake?
5. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)