|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(b) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(c) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
(d) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(b) By beating her at games.
(c) By calling her ugly.
(d) By calling her a boy.
3. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
(a) Bombed ruins are becoming scarce.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) The destruction has been worsened by vandalism.
(d) One or two buildings are under construction.
4. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Remember to eat.
(b) Get up for breakfast.
(c) Stay awake for dinner.
(d) Go to bed.
5. How does Ono convince his wife that an investigation for the sale of the house is not a problem?
(a) The investigation wouldn't take long.
(b) Records of any wrongdoing had been destroyed.
(c) Such investigations would be done for their daughters' marriage negotiations.
(d) The others had worse records than the Onos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
2. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
3. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
5. Why had Moriyama been happy with his work looking back on it as an old man?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)