|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's headstrong.
(b) He's precocious.
(c) He's unusually intelligent.
(d) He's messy.
2. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
3. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
(a) The worst things happen in the darkness.
(b) The best things are put together at night and vanish in the morning.
(c) Only drunkards find value in that which fades in the morning.
(d) All artists seek the light of day.
4. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(b) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
(c) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
(d) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
5. How does the atmosphere of the miai change after Ono's confession?
(a) It is an embarrassing disaster.
(b) It is boring, so everyone leaves early.
(c) It is relaxed, no longer awkward.
(d) It is awkward, no longer relaxed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
2. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
3. What does Ono mean when he talks of the art students "slanging" one another?
4. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
5. Why does Ono admire Sugimura?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)