|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
(b) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(c) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
(d) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
2. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
(a) Satisfaction and dignity.
(b) Taro's admiration.
(c) A good marriage for his daughter.
(d) Noriko's respect.
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should stay home with the women.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
4. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
(a) That he had no talents.
(b) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward slothfulness and deceit.
(c) That his weak streak gave him a tendency toward disrespect and disobedience.
(d) That he was headstrong and stubborn.
5. How does Ono evaluate Naguchi's suicide?
(a) Ono said the death was tragic and sad.
(b) Ono said the death was cowardly.
(c) Ono said the death was foolish and wasteful.
(d) Ono said Naguchi was very brave and honorable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
2. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
3. How have the students behaved watching Moriyama paint?
4. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
5. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)