|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono introduce Kenji into the conversation in Noriko's kitchen?
(a) He suddenly recalls his son's death.
(b) His son, had he been present, would have taken his side.
(c) He had argued with his wife about giving Kenji sake at the same age.
(d) He feels outnumbered by women.
2. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
(b) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
(c) Noriko might become overconfident.
(d) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
3. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
(b) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(c) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(d) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
4. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
(a) He had a bad leg.
(b) He was his family's only support.
(c) His service as an artist was more important.
(d) He was mentally defective.
5. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
(a) His friendship with Ono.
(b) His creation of posters during the China crisis.
(c) His time as Moriyama's student.
(d) His sloppier art work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
2. What does the visiting Gisaburo say about nights in the floating world?
3. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
4. How did Saito treat Ono during their first encounter?
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)