• Ono recalls that he was able to purchase his house through a prestige auction.
• He promises the sellers to repair the war damage as soon as possible.
• Noriko tells her sister,Setsuko, that Ono is changing from tyrannical to gentle.
• Ono expresses pride in the repairs he has already accomplished.
• Setsuko tries to calm Ichiro, her noisy son.
• Ono is amused, rather than angry, at Ichiros behavior.
• Ono offers to take Ichiro to a scary monster movie.
• Setsuko questions Ono about why the Miyakes withdrew from Noriko's marriage negotiations last year.
• Ono believes the Miyakes felt themselves unworthy of marriage into Ono's family.
• With satisfaction, Ono recalls helping Shintaro's younger brother get a job.
• Ono recalls that Shintaro is childlike and innocent, unaffected by the war.
• With satisfaction, Ono recalls being praised by his pupil, Kuroda.
• While Mrs. Kawakami's establishment has remained unchanged, the area around it...
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)