|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, And the Parrot....
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flaubert's ideas in the third section of the chronology are expressed through which literary device?
(a) Literary allusion.
2. Why did Flaubert want Louise to write like he wrote?
(a) Because he was jealous of her work.
(b) Because he told his friends he could make her do so.
(c) Because he thought it would show her loyalty.
(d) Because he thought his way was best.
3. How long after the museum at Croisset opened was the collection at the Hotel-Dieu put together?
(a) The same week.
(b) Five years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) One hundred years.
4. What is Geoffrey's marital status?
5. Which of the following, in Flaubert's "Over Strand and Field," does he say he doesn't laugh at?
(c) Professors of literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Flaubert confess to Louise?
2. According to Geoffrey, which of the following is not a reason that makes people want to know the worst?
3. About a year after their first meeting, Geoffrey agrees to meet with Ed for what reason?
4. What are Geoffrey's thoughts about when he likes to cross the channel?
5. How does Geoffrey defend the charge that Flaubert hated humanity?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)