|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, And the Parrot....
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Flaubert confess to Louise?
(a) That he no longer loved her.
(b) That he spent many hours thinking about what he would do with a million francs.
(c) That he had had many affairs.
(d) That he had given up writing.
2. What word does Geoffrey say that people are no longer allowed to use for describing lunacy?
3. In the newspaper article Flaubert saved, what was the parrot trained to say?
(a) Quotes from Shakespeare.
(c) The days of the week.
(d) The name of its owner's lost love.
4. For what reason does Geoffrey say that he does not like coincidences?
(a) Because coincidences make him feel uncomfortable.
(b) Because he agrees with Flaubert's opinion on the subject.
(c) Because he prefers to feel that life is chaotic.
(d) Because he feels that coincidences rob people of their sense of control.
5. What did Louise do after Flaubert broke off their affair?
(a) She went to see him at Croisset.
(b) She started an affair with his best friend.
(c) She ripped up one of his original manuscripts.
(d) She wrote a letter to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference in time for the trip to Rouen by train for Geoffrey than it was in Flaubert's time?
2. How does the inscription explain the presence of the stuffed green parrot?
3. Who always met Flaubert when he returned to Rouen from Mantes?
4. In his examination paper on literary criticism, what does Flaubert say about his sister's death?
5. The third list in the chronology consists of what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)