|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Emma Bovary's Eyes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Caroline?
(a) Flaubert's niece.
(b) Flaubert's sister.
(c) Flaubert's lover.
(d) Flaubert's mother.
2. How did Flaubert first come to know Juliet Herbert?
(a) She was his mother's maid.
(b) He met her at church.
(c) She was his sister-in-law.
(d) She was governess to Flaubert's niece.
3. Which of the following animals does Flaubert not include in his letter to Bouilet?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A lion.
(d) An ostrich.
4. According to Du Camp, on whom was Madame Bovary modeled?
(a) The village seamstress of Rouen.
(b) Flaubert's cousin.
(c) Flaubert's first mistress.
(d) The second wife of a medical officer.
5. How is Rouen different from the first time Geoffrey visited the city?
(a) It has been industrialized.
(b) It has three times the population.
(c) Its parks have been paved over.
(d) It had been bombed then.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geoffrey thinks that if Flaubert had not been a bear he might have been what other animal?
2. What mistake did the professor from Cambridge point out in a Tennyson work?
3. Although he had once thought of writing a book, what is Geoffrey's actual occupation?
4. What did Flaubert's niece ask for after Flaubert's death?
5. After Flaubert published "Madame Bovary," what did Gertrude Collier Tenant publish?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)