|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Flaubert Bestiary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chronology is divided into three sections, the first of which deals with which of the following?
(a) Flaubert's works.
(b) Flaubert's childhood.
(c) Critical response to Flaubert's work.
(d) Details of Flaubert's life and successes.
2. For what reason was Flaubert confined to the family home as a young man?
(a) Because of an epileptic attack.
(b) Because of a broken leg.
(c) Because of the war.
(d) Because of a scandal involving a maid.
3. Which of the following animals does Flaubert not include in his letter to Bouilet?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A lion.
4. What does Geoffrey ask Ed about the content of the letters?
(a) He asked if Julie wrote about her children.
(b) He asked if Flaubert used the letters as the basis for any of his stories.
(c) He asks if Flaubert discussed death in his letters.
(d) He asks if the letters proved Flaubert and Julie Herbert had an affair.
5. Who was the owner of the dog that Flaubert took for walks and kissed?
(a) Flaubert's mother.
(c) Julie Herbert.
(d) Elisa Schlesinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Flaubert first come to know Juliet Herbert?
2. What did Ed originally intend to do with the letters?
3. Where does Geoffrey first meet Ed Winterton?
4. Flaubert was born in what year?
5. Flaubert refers to himself as a bear and his sister as what animal?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)