|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Snap!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the inscription explain the presence of the stuffed green parrot?
(a) It says the parrot was given to Flaubert's mother when he died.
(b) It says the parrot was a gift from Flaubert's lover.
(c) It says the parrot was Flaubert's childhood pet.
(d) It says the parrot once sat on Flaubert's desk.
2. Although he had once thought of writing a book, what is Geoffrey's actual occupation?
3. What do Du Camp and Flaubert do the night before climbing the Great Pyramid?
(a) They sleep beside it.
(b) They take photographs.
(c) They research its history.
(d) They get drunk.
4. How many letters did Ed get from the woman named Kent?
(c) About a dozen.
(d) About 75.
5. The chronology is divided into three sections, the first of which deals with which of the following?
(a) Flaubert's childhood.
(b) Flaubert's works.
(c) Details of Flaubert's life and successes.
(d) Critical response to Flaubert's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Geoffrey's marital status?
2. Flaubert refers to himself as a bear and his sister as what animal?
3. How does Flaubert feel about the organization of his ideas?
4. What objects does Geoffrey Braithwaite, the narrator of "Flaubert's Parrot," describe in the beginning of the book?
5. What was the unusual characteristic of the sheep whose owner Flaubert took to dinner?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)