Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
2. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
3. What prohibits A. Square's student from learning?
4. What does the shape claim to be?
5. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
Essay Topic 1
In Flatland, there are several Laws of Nature discussed that serve to keep the Circles in power. Choose one of these laws, and explain it in depth. Does such a law of nature truly exist in the world? What do you believe Abbott was trying to say by introducing this law?
Essay Topic 2
List and describe the three dimensions discussed in the novel. Be sure to include as many details about each as possible.
Essay Topic 3
In Flatland, Abbott uses shapes as representations of individuals within his own society. Choose three shapes from Flatland, and discuss how they relate to the true groups such shapes represent. Be sure to include such concepts as class, intellectual pursuit, and power.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)