|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Square believe the straight lines in his dream to be?
(b) Circles pretending to be women
2. How many inhabitants are there of Pointland?
3. What was A. Square's grandson's reward for his work with sight recognition?
(a) A song
(b) Hints in geometry
(c) A cookie
4. What does the Sphere point out about being self-content?
(a) It equals strength.
(b) It equals ignorance.
(c) It equals happiness.
(d) It equals stupidity.
5. What shape does the stranger use to teach about solids?
(a) A straight line
(b) A cube
(c) A triangle
(d) A sphere
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary focus of priests?
2. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
3. What does A. Square ask for that he cannot be shown?
4. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
5. Who controls Flatland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does A. Square attack the Circle at the end of Chapter 16? Who does A. Square remind you of at this point, and why?
2. Discuss how complacency is viewed by Sphere.
3. Summarize the scene A. Square sees at the General Assembly Hall of the States of Flatland, and what Sphere does at the end of Chapter 18.
4. Explain the only recognition method used in Flatland, and why touch and sight are not used.
5. What does A. Square's wife do to the Circle at the end of the chapter? Why does she become afraid and embarrassed?
6. Describe what happens that leads to the imprisonment of A. Square.
7. What does A. Square feel is improper regarding the relationship between Circles and Women, and concerning the relationship between men and women in general?
8. Explain the primary focus of Circles in Chapter 12, and the reasoning behind that focus.
9. Explain the shapes of Lineland in Chapter 13, and their existence in terms of movement and marriage.
10. Why does the Sphere throw A. Square from Spaceland at the end of Chapter 19? Who does Sphere remind you of at this point, and why?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)