|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through personal experience
(b) Through demonstration
(c) Through speech
(d) Through writing
2. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The Fourth dimension
(b) The Third dimension
(c) The Second dimension
(d) The First dimension
3. What does A. Square say about true space?
(a) It is a square.
(b) It is a line.
(c) It is a circle.
(d) It is a plane.
4. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
5. What are women not taught to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger do to A. Square at the end of the chapter?
2. What class is most likely to marry a woman with irregular ancestry?
3. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
4. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
5. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the shapes of Lineland in Chapter 13, and their existence in terms of movement and marriage.
2. How does the Circle attempt to prove in Chapter 17 to A. Square he is telling the truth? Why is this nearly convincing?
3. The Circle attempts to use an analogy to explain three dimensional space to A. Square in Chapter 16. Summarize this analogy.
4. Explain why A. Square chooses his grandson to be the student for his lesson about the Fourth Dimension, and why he doesn't choose another student.
5. Explain the only recognition method used in Flatland, and why touch and sight are not used.
6. Why does the Sphere throw A. Square from Spaceland at the end of Chapter 19? Who does Sphere remind you of at this point, and why?
7. Explain how the inhabitant of Pointland views his world.
8. Discuss how complacency is viewed by Sphere.
9. What method does A. Square next attempt to use to describe the Fourth Dimension? Why does he find it difficult?
10. What situation leads to the taking of A. Square into Spaceland at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)