|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the line claim to be?
(a) The Queen
(b) A Prince
(c) The King
(d) A Priest
2. Who controls Flatland?
(a) The Women
(b) The Men
(c) All individuals equally
(d) The Priests
3. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will take him to Lineland.
(b) He will take him to Spaceland.
(c) He will take him to Pointland.
(d) He will kill him.
4. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why everything is bright.
(b) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
(c) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
(d) Why everything is dark.
5. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The Fourth dimension
(b) The First dimension
(c) The Second dimension
(d) The Third dimension
Short Answer Questions
1. What is believed to cause deviance?
2. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
3. What does the Sphere admit at the end of the chapter?
4. What happens to A. Square when he finally tells of his adventures?
5. What does the Sphere point out about being self-content?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the evolution of Circles, and be sure to include both natural evolution and artificial evolution.
2. Explain the shapes of Lineland in Chapter 13, and their existence in terms of movement and marriage.
3. Explain why A. Square chooses his grandson to be the student for his lesson about the Fourth Dimension, and why he doesn't choose another student.
4. Describe the Circle Class physically, and in terms of their role in society.
5. What does A. Square's wife do to the Circle at the end of the chapter? Why does she become afraid and embarrassed?
6. What methods does A. Square use to attempt to explain two dimensional space? Summarize the information he explains to the King.
7. Explain how the inhabitant of Pointland views his world.
8. Explain A. Square's login that a Fourth dimension must exist.
9. Explain the primary focus of Circles in Chapter 12, and the reasoning behind that focus.
10. What does the grandson hear outside the window in Chapter 21? Why does he become afraid? What does this fear cause him to reject?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)