|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the race of circles climbs higher in development?
(a) They become more fertile.
(b) They become less intelligent.
(c) They become less fertile.
(d) They become more intelligent.
2. What hinders A. Square's writing?
(a) There are diagrams.
(b) There is no mathematical equivalent.
(c) Their are only tablets to write with.
(d) There are only lines to write with.
3. What prohibits A. Square's student from learning?
(a) The laws of nature
(b) The knowledge of mathematics needed
(c) The proclamation by the Council
(d) The level of intelligence needed
4. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
(a) When a woman's voice matches with that of two men.
(b) When a man's voice matches with that of two women.
(c) Marriage doesn't happen in Lineland.
(d) When two individuals fall in love.
5. What does the Sphere point out about being self-content?
(a) It equals strength.
(b) It equals happiness.
(c) It equals stupidity.
(d) It equals ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
2. What does the Sphere admit at the end of the chapter?
3. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
4. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
5. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)