|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) In a single directional line.
(b) They can move anywhere.
(c) Only up and down.
(d) Only right to left.
2. What begins at the end of the chapter?
(a) The third millennium
(b) The second millennium
(c) The fourth millennium
(d) The first millennium
3. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(b) He believes the stranger is a king.
(c) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
(d) He believes the stranger is his boss.
4. What method of recognition is considered illegal?
5. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
(a) East and West
(b) Right and Left
(c) North and South
(d) Up and Down
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wife originally believe the shape that appears in the house is?
2. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
3. What does the line claim to be?
4. Where does A. Square asked to be taken, after the stranger's explanation of those who believe in the fourth dimension?
5. Why does A. Square become saddened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Sphere throw A. Square from Spaceland at the end of Chapter 19? Who does Sphere remind you of at this point, and why?
2. Explain the primary focus of Circles in Chapter 12, and the reasoning behind that focus.
3. The Circle attempts to use an analogy to explain three dimensional space to A. Square in Chapter 16. Summarize this analogy.
4. Describe the Circle Class physically, and in terms of their role in society.
5. How does the Circle attempt to prove in Chapter 17 to A. Square he is telling the truth? Why is this nearly convincing?
6. Explain how the inhabitant of Pointland views his world.
7. Explain why A. Square chooses his grandson to be the student for his lesson about the Fourth Dimension, and why he doesn't choose another student.
8. Explain A. Square's login that a Fourth dimension must exist.
9. Summarize the scene A. Square sees at the General Assembly Hall of the States of Flatland, and what Sphere does at the end of Chapter 18.
10. What does A. Square feel is improper regarding the relationship between Circles and Women, and concerning the relationship between men and women in general?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)