|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through writing
(b) Through speech
(c) Through demonstration
(d) Through personal experience
2. What does A. Square tell his wife has happened?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He says he fell.
(c) He says he was dreaming.
(d) He tells her of Spaceland.
3. What is a circle in Flatland?
(a) A true circle, with no sides
(b) A term for anyone higher than a woman
(c) A polygon with many sides
(d) A term for anyone higher than a triangle
4. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The Third dimension
(b) The Second dimension
(c) The First dimension
(d) The Fourth dimension
5. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) His color changes.
(c) His size and brightness change.
(d) He is a square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
2. What happens as the race of circles climbs higher in development?
3. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
4. At the end of the chapter, what does A. Square hear that the Council does to individuals who speak of the Third dimension?
5. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)