|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are soldiers?
(a) Straight lines
(c) Isosceles Triangles
(d) Equilateral triangles
2. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
(a) That the author was pointing out the danger of religion.
(b) That the author was defending children through irony.
(c) That the author was writing as other historians have written.
(d) That the author was writing his true opinion, and has a right to his opinion.
3. What does the shape of women prevent?
(a) Spontaneous passion
4. What group showed the most amazing display of color?
(c) The Military
(d) The Woman
5. What allows this method to be possible?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Equilateral children of Isosceles Triangles?
2. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
3. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
4. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
5. What happens to the most irregular shapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Universal Color Bill, and why did women support it?
2. Discuss at least two ways the inhabitants of Flatland attempt to alter natural evolution.
3. What are the three rules created for women, in order to protect society? What are the rules in the strictest society?
4. What occurred when individuals began to question where light came from?
5. Why does Hoffman believe the development of the fourth dimension does not lessen the lessons of the book?
6. What happens to irregular figures? Be sure to discuss all irregulars, including those with highly irregular figures.
7. What is the author's primary defense against the idea that A. Square hates women?
8. Explain the use of color in the military of Flatland.
9. What happens to aristocratic children who fail exams, and as a result, what does the State feel should happen?
10. Summarize A. Square's explanation of Flatland.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)