|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
(a) When a woman's voice matches with that of two men.
(b) When two individuals fall in love.
(c) When a man's voice matches with that of two women.
(d) Marriage doesn't happen in Lineland.
2. What is A. Square's first impression of Spaceland.
(a) It is madness or hell.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It is not real.
3. What is the first deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) Removes dishes from the sink.
(b) Removes a tablet from a cupboard without opening the door.
(c) Writes the situation out mathematically.
(d) Rises above Flatland.
4. What shape does the grandson almost grasp?
(a) A triangle
(b) A line
(c) A cube
(d) A circle
5. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
(a) Disrespecting the Chief Circle
(b) Disrespecting himself
(c) Disrespecting her
(d) Disrespecting his grandson
6. What shape does the stranger use to teach about solids?
(a) A sphere
(b) A triangle
(c) A cube
(d) A straight line
7. What is the primary focus of priests?
(a) Raise a family.
(b) Become involved in government.
(c) Attend to their configuration.
(d) Attend higher education.
8. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through speech
(b) Through personal experience
(c) Through writing
(d) Through demonstration
9. What is the third deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He rises above Flatland.
(b) He drops below Flatland.
(c) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
(d) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
10. What changes A. Square's mind about who to educate first?
(a) He cannot seem to recall the information as clearly.
(b) He is afraid of imprisonment.
(c) He is afraid of divorce.
(d) He realizes women are too dim to understand.
11. Where does A. Square travel in his dream?
12. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
(a) Nothing, since he doesn't hear it
(b) The voice of God
(c) His own
(d) The voice of the Sphere
13. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The First dimension
(b) The Third dimension
(c) The Fourth dimension
(d) The Second dimension
14. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will take him to Pointland.
(b) He will take him to Spaceland.
(c) He will kill him.
(d) He will take him to Lineland.
15. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger say about the fourth dimension?
2. How does A. Square attempt to prove he can see in Lineland?
3. Where does A. Square asked to be taken, after the stranger's explanation of those who believe in the fourth dimension?
4. At the end of the chapter, what does A. Square hear that the Council does to individuals who speak of the Third dimension?
5. What does A. Square tell his wife has happened?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)