|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why everything is dark.
(b) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
(c) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
(d) Why everything is bright.
2. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will take him to Spaceland.
(b) He will kill him.
(c) He will take him to Lineland.
(d) He will take him to Pointland.
3. What prohibits A. Square's student from learning?
(a) The level of intelligence needed
(b) The proclamation by the Council
(c) The knowledge of mathematics needed
(d) The laws of nature
4. What does the shape claim to be?
(a) Many circles in one
(b) Many hexagons in one
(c) Many squares in one
(d) Many triangles in one
5. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Five feet
(b) Three feet
(c) Two feet
(d) Twenty feet
6. How is the regularity of women monitored?
(a) Through their own word
(b) By pedigrees
(c) Through feeling
(d) Through annual visits
7. Who controls Flatland?
(a) All individuals equally
(b) The Women
(c) The Men
(d) The Priests
8. What does A. Square tell his wife has happened?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He says he fell.
(c) He tells her of Spaceland.
(d) He says he was dreaming.
9. How do the inhabitants of Lineland comprehend distance?
10. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
(a) Nothing, since he doesn't hear it
(b) His own
(c) The voice of God
(d) The voice of the Sphere
11. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) The entire world of Flatland
(b) A true cube
(c) A. Square's own home
(d) The stranger's home
12. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
(a) Disrespecting her
(b) Disrespecting himself
(c) Disrespecting his grandson
(d) Disrespecting the Chief Circle
13. What method of recognition is considered illegal?
14. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(b) He believes the stranger is a king.
(c) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(d) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
15. Where does A. Square asked to be taken, after the stranger's explanation of those who believe in the fourth dimension?
(b) Higher Spaceland
Short Answer Questions
1. What is believed to cause deviance?
2. What is a circle in Flatland?
3. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
4. What shape does the grandson almost grasp?
5. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)