|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Twenty feet
(b) Five feet
(c) Two feet
(d) Three feet
2. How does A. Square know he is to be punished for his views?
(a) He sees his wife being taken away.
(b) His brother informs him.
(c) The Council substitutes smaller angled soldiers to oversee proceedings.
(d) His children are removed from the home.
3. What is believed to cause deviance?
(b) Irregular shape
(c) A sense of rejection
(d) Lower class status
4. How does A. Square attack the stranger?
(a) With a knife
(b) With a gun
(c) With his hardest right angle
(d) With his hands
5. How many inhabitants are there of Pointland?
6. What shape does the grandson almost grasp?
(a) A line
(b) A circle
(c) A triangle
(d) A cube
7. What prohibits A. Square's student from learning?
(a) The laws of nature
(b) The proclamation by the Council
(c) The level of intelligence needed
(d) The knowledge of mathematics needed
8. What changes A. Square's mind about who to educate first?
(a) He is afraid of divorce.
(b) He is afraid of imprisonment.
(c) He realizes women are too dim to understand.
(d) He cannot seem to recall the information as clearly.
9. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) In a single directional line.
(b) They can move anywhere.
(c) Only up and down.
(d) Only right to left.
10. Who controls Flatland?
(a) All individuals equally
(b) The Men
(c) The Women
(d) The Priests
11. At the end of the chapter, what does A. Square hear that the Council does to individuals who speak of the Third dimension?
(a) Asks them to teach in schools.
(b) Kills or imprisons them.
(c) Banishes them from Flatland.
(d) Ignores them.
12. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Understands the lesson.
(b) Attacks the stranger.
(d) Leaves the room.
13. What does A. Square point out about the King's space?
(a) It is a circle.
(b) It is a line.
(c) It is a plane.
(d) It is a square.
14. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through writing
(b) Through speech
(c) Through demonstration
(d) Through personal experience
15. How do the inhabitants of Lineland comprehend distance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
2. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
3. Where does A. Square first see Lineland?
4. What does the shape claim to be?
5. What are women not taught to do?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)