|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
2. What begins at the end of the chapter?
(a) The first millennium
(b) The third millennium
(c) The fourth millennium
(d) The second millennium
3. What shape does the stranger use to teach about solids?
(a) A straight line
(b) A triangle
(c) A cube
(d) A sphere
4. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
(b) He believes the stranger is a king.
(c) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(d) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
5. What is a circle in Flatland?
(a) A true circle, with no sides
(b) A polygon with many sides
(c) A term for anyone higher than a woman
(d) A term for anyone higher than a triangle
6. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Twenty feet
(b) Three feet
(c) Five feet
(d) Two feet
7. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why everything is dark.
(b) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
(c) Why everything is bright.
(d) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
8. What does A. Square ask for that he cannot be shown?
(a) The source of rain in Spaceland
(b) The source of light in Flatland
(c) The insides of his teacher
(d) The home of the stranger
9. What does the shape claim to be?
(a) Many circles in one
(b) Many squares in one
(c) Many triangles in one
(d) Many hexagons in one
10. What does A. Square tell his wife has happened?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He tells her of Spaceland.
(c) He says he fell.
(d) He says he was dreaming.
11. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
(c) Lines and points
(d) A single point
12. What does the stranger say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is real.
(c) It is inconceivable.
(d) It is easy to travel through.
13. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will take him to Spaceland.
(b) He will take him to Pointland.
(c) He will take him to Lineland.
(d) He will kill him.
14. Who does A. Square decide is fit for his lesson?
(a) The Council
(b) His grandson
(c) His son
(d) His daughter
15. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through demonstration
(b) Through writing
(c) Through speech
(d) Through personal experience
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sphere admit at the end of the chapter?
2. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
3. What method of recognition is considered illegal?
4. What do those in power actually do?
5. How do individuals in Lineland move?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)