|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
(b) Why everything is bright.
(c) Why everything is dark.
(d) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
2. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
3. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) A. Square's own home
(b) A true cube
(c) The stranger's home
(d) The entire world of Flatland
4. Why does A. Square become saddened?
(a) He cannot visualize a cube.
(b) He realizes he is a two dimensional object.
(c) His wife dies.
(d) He cannot visualize a sphere.
5. What does the Sphere point out about being self-content?
(a) It equals happiness.
(b) It equals strength.
(c) It equals ignorance.
(d) It equals stupidity.
6. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The Third dimension
(b) The First dimension
(c) The Fourth dimension
(d) The Second dimension
7. What is the final fate for A. Square?
(a) He is imprisoned for life.
(b) He is committed to an asylum.
(c) He is banished from the town.
(d) He is killed.
8. Who controls Flatland?
(a) The Women
(b) The Priests
(c) All individuals equally
(d) The Men
9. What does the stranger do to A. Square at the end of the chapter?
(a) Places him in the Fourth Dimension.
(b) Throws him from Spaceland.
(c) Places him in Pointland.
(d) Places him in Lineland.
10. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Two feet
(b) Three feet
(c) Twenty feet
(d) Five feet
11. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
(a) The stranger has no angles.
(b) The stranger is a straight line.
(c) The stranger has many angles.
(d) The stranger has no shape.
12. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
(a) When a woman's voice matches with that of two men.
(b) Marriage doesn't happen in Lineland.
(c) When two individuals fall in love.
(d) When a man's voice matches with that of two women.
13. What does A. Square believe the straight lines in his dream to be?
(d) Circles pretending to be women
14. What is the third deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
(b) He drops below Flatland.
(c) He rises above Flatland.
(d) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
15. Why is deception not a problem in Lineland?
(a) The inhabitants cannot change their shape.
(b) The inhabitants cannot change their voice.
(c) The inhabitants cannot change their angles.
(d) The inhabitants cannot change their smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
2. What shape does the stranger use to teach about solids?
3. Who does A. Square decide is fit for his lesson?
4. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
5. What happens as the race of circles climbs higher in development?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)