|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hinders A. Square's writing?
(a) There is no mathematical equivalent.
(b) Their are only tablets to write with.
(c) There are diagrams.
(d) There are only lines to write with.
2. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
(b) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(c) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(d) He believes the stranger is a king.
3. Why does A. Square believe his sons will not understand?
(a) They are Council members.
(b) They are not good with mathematics.
(c) They are triangles.
(d) They are not intelligent.
4. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
(b) Understands the lesson.
(c) Attacks the stranger.
(d) Leaves the room.
5. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) In a single directional line.
(b) Only up and down.
(c) They can move anywhere.
(d) Only right to left.
6. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He rises above Flatland to describe neighboring occurrences.
(b) He drops below Flatland to describe the ground.
(c) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
(d) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
7. How does A. Square attempt to prove he can see in Lineland?
(a) By explaining that he can see lines and points.
(b) By explaining the number of each sex next to the king.
(c) By describing a straight line.
(d) By describing a circle.
8. What does A. Square say about true space?
(a) It is a square.
(b) It is a plane.
(c) It is a line.
(d) It is a circle.
9. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
(a) Disrespecting his grandson
(b) Disrespecting the Chief Circle
(c) Disrespecting himself
(d) Disrespecting her
10. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
(a) Lines and points
(b) A single point
11. What happens to A. Square when he finally tells of his adventures?
(a) He is imprisoned for life.
(b) He is believed to be a God.
(c) He is arrested and taken before the Council.
(d) He is brought before students to teach.
12. What does the stranger do to A. Square at the end of the chapter?
(a) Places him in the Fourth Dimension.
(b) Places him in Pointland.
(c) Places him in Lineland.
(d) Throws him from Spaceland.
13. Who controls Flatland?
(a) The Men
(b) The Priests
(c) All individuals equally
(d) The Women
14. What does the shape claim to be?
(a) Many hexagons in one
(b) Many squares in one
(c) Many circles in one
(d) Many triangles in one
15. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
(a) The Second dimension
(b) The First dimension
(c) The Fourth dimension
(d) The Third dimension
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square point out about the King's space?
2. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
3. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
4. What changes A. Square's mind about who to educate first?
5. How is the regularity of women monitored?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)