|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why everything is bright.
(b) Why everything is dark.
(c) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
(d) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
2. What does the wife originally believe the shape that appears in the house is?
(a) A square
(b) A circle
(c) A woman
(d) A triangle
3. What hinders A. Square's writing?
(a) There are only lines to write with.
(b) Their are only tablets to write with.
(c) There is no mathematical equivalent.
(d) There are diagrams.
4. Upon waking, who does A. Square plan to educate about dimensions?
(a) His daughter
(b) His grandson
(c) His wife
(d) The Council
5. What is believed to cause deviance?
(a) A sense of rejection
(c) Lower class status
(d) Irregular shape
6. How is the regularity of women monitored?
(a) Through their own word
(b) Through feeling
(c) Through annual visits
(d) By pedigrees
7. What changes A. Square's mind about who to educate first?
(a) He realizes women are too dim to understand.
(b) He is afraid of imprisonment.
(c) He is afraid of divorce.
(d) He cannot seem to recall the information as clearly.
8. Who controls Flatland?
(a) The Priests
(b) The Men
(c) The Women
(d) All individuals equally
9. What does A. Square say about true space?
(a) It is a line.
(b) It is a square.
(c) It is a plane.
(d) It is a circle.
10. What begins at the end of the chapter?
(a) The fourth millennium
(b) The second millennium
(c) The first millennium
(d) The third millennium
11. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through writing
(b) Through personal experience
(c) Through demonstration
(d) Through speech
12. What method of recognition is considered illegal?
13. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
(a) His own
(b) The voice of the Sphere
(c) Nothing, since he doesn't hear it
(d) The voice of God
14. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) His size and brightness change.
(b) His color changes.
(c) He is a criminal.
(d) He is a square.
15. What is the primary focus of priests?
(a) Become involved in government.
(b) Attend to their configuration.
(c) Attend higher education.
(d) Raise a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
2. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
3. How many inhabitants are there of Pointland?
4. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
5. Where does A. Square travel in his dream?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)