|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does A. Square first see Lineland?
(a) In a dream
(b) In a book
(c) In a movie
(d) In his reflection
2. Upon waking, who does A. Square plan to educate about dimensions?
(a) His daughter
(b) His grandson
(c) The Council
(d) His wife
3. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
4. What directions are A. Square unable to grasp?
(a) Right and Left
(b) Up and Down
(c) East and West
(d) North and South
5. What does the stranger say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is easy to travel through.
(c) It is inconceivable.
(d) It is real.
6. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) His color changes.
(b) His size and brightness change.
(c) He is a square.
(d) He is a criminal.
7. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) A true cube
(b) The entire world of Flatland
(c) The stranger's home
(d) A. Square's own home
8. What is the first deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) Removes a tablet from a cupboard without opening the door.
(b) Removes dishes from the sink.
(c) Rises above Flatland.
(d) Writes the situation out mathematically.
9. What does A. Square believe the straight lines in his dream to be?
(c) Circles pretending to be women
10. What is the primary focus of priests?
(a) Raise a family.
(b) Attend to their configuration.
(c) Become involved in government.
(d) Attend higher education.
11. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
(a) The result will be a lack of communication.
(b) The result will be more public accidents.
(c) The result will be a lesser male intellect.
(d) The result will be more accidents in the home.
12. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
13. What is A. Square's first impression of Spaceland.
(a) It is not real.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It is madness or hell.
14. How does A. Square attempt to prove he can see in Lineland?
(a) By describing a straight line.
(b) By explaining the number of each sex next to the king.
(c) By explaining that he can see lines and points.
(d) By describing a circle.
15. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Three feet
(b) Five feet
(c) Two feet
(d) Twenty feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins at the end of the chapter?
2. What method of recognition is considered illegal?
3. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
4. What shape does the stranger use to teach about solids?
5. What class is most likely to marry a woman with irregular ancestry?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)