|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sphere point out about being self-content?
(a) It equals happiness.
(b) It equals ignorance.
(c) It equals strength.
(d) It equals stupidity.
2. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
(a) The stranger has no angles.
(b) The stranger has many angles.
(c) The stranger is a straight line.
(d) The stranger has no shape.
3. Why does A. Square believe his sons will not understand?
(a) They are triangles.
(b) They are not good with mathematics.
(c) They are Council members.
(d) They are not intelligent.
4. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
5. What does A. Square say about true space?
(a) It is a line.
(b) It is a circle.
(c) It is a plane.
(d) It is a square.
6. What does the wife originally believe the shape that appears in the house is?
(a) A woman
(b) A triangle
(c) A square
(d) A circle
7. What is A. Square's first impression of Spaceland.
(a) It is madness or hell.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is not real.
8. What do those in power actually do?
(b) All things relating to government
(d) All things relating to religion
9. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) His size and brightness change.
(c) He is a square.
(d) His color changes.
10. What changes A. Square's mind about who to educate first?
(a) He cannot seem to recall the information as clearly.
(b) He is afraid of divorce.
(c) He is afraid of imprisonment.
(d) He realizes women are too dim to understand.
11. What does A. Square tell his wife has happened?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He says he was dreaming.
(c) He says he fell.
(d) He tells her of Spaceland.
12. How does A. Square know he is to be punished for his views?
(a) He sees his wife being taken away.
(b) The Council substitutes smaller angled soldiers to oversee proceedings.
(c) His children are removed from the home.
(d) His brother informs him.
13. What shape does the stranger use to teach about solids?
(a) A triangle
(b) A cube
(c) A straight line
(d) A sphere
14. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
(a) Disrespecting himself
(b) Disrespecting her
(c) Disrespecting the Chief Circle
(d) Disrespecting his grandson
15. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He rises above Flatland to describe neighboring occurrences.
(b) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
(c) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
(d) He drops below Flatland to describe the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
2. What does the line claim to be?
3. How many inhabitants are there of Pointland?
4. What shape does the grandson almost grasp?
5. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)