|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does A. Square become saddened?
(a) He realizes he is a two dimensional object.
(b) He cannot visualize a sphere.
(c) His wife dies.
(d) He cannot visualize a cube.
2. What happens to A. Square when he finally tells of his adventures?
(a) He is brought before students to teach.
(b) He is arrested and taken before the Council.
(c) He is believed to be a God.
(d) He is imprisoned for life.
3. What is the result of the lesson?
(a) The student leaves the room.
(b) The student understands.
(c) The student accuses A. Square of insanity.
(d) The student turns A. Square in to the Council.
4. What is a circle in Flatland?
(a) A true circle, with no sides
(b) A term for anyone higher than a triangle
(c) A polygon with many sides
(d) A term for anyone higher than a woman
5. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
6. How does A. Square attempt to prove he can see in Lineland?
(a) By explaining that he can see lines and points.
(b) By describing a straight line.
(c) By explaining the number of each sex next to the king.
(d) By describing a circle.
7. What is believed to cause deviance?
(a) A sense of rejection
(b) Irregular shape
(c) Lower class status
8. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will take him to Lineland.
(b) He will take him to Spaceland.
(c) He will kill him.
(d) He will take him to Pointland.
9. What does the shape claim to be?
(a) Many hexagons in one
(b) Many squares in one
(c) Many circles in one
(d) Many triangles in one
10. What is A. Square's first impression of Spaceland.
(a) It is madness or hell.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is not real.
(d) It is ugly.
11. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) The stranger's home
(b) A. Square's own home
(c) The entire world of Flatland
(d) A true cube
12. What is the first deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) Removes a tablet from a cupboard without opening the door.
(b) Removes dishes from the sink.
(c) Rises above Flatland.
(d) Writes the situation out mathematically.
13. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
(b) He rises above Flatland to describe neighboring occurrences.
(c) He drops below Flatland to describe the ground.
(d) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
14. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) Only up and down.
(b) Only right to left.
(c) They can move anywhere.
(d) In a single directional line.
15. What are women not taught to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
2. Where does A. Square travel in his dream?
3. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
4. What begins at the end of the chapter?
5. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)