|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do those in power actually do?
(a) All things relating to government
(c) All things relating to religion
2. Who controls Flatland?
(a) The Women
(b) The Men
(c) All individuals equally
(d) The Priests
3. What does A. Square first notice about the stranger?
(a) His color changes.
(b) He is a square.
(c) He is a criminal.
(d) His size and brightness change.
4. Where does A. Square asked to be taken, after the stranger's explanation of those who believe in the fourth dimension?
(c) Higher Spaceland
5. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
(a) The result will be more public accidents.
(b) The result will be a lesser male intellect.
(c) The result will be more accidents in the home.
(d) The result will be a lack of communication.
6. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
(b) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
(c) He drops below Flatland to describe the ground.
(d) He rises above Flatland to describe neighboring occurrences.
7. What is believed to cause deviance?
(a) A sense of rejection
(b) Lower class status
(c) Irregular shape
8. What does the stranger do to A. Square at the end of the chapter?
(a) Places him in Lineland.
(b) Places him in Pointland.
(c) Throws him from Spaceland.
(d) Places him in the Fourth Dimension.
9. What was A. Square's grandson's reward for his work with sight recognition?
(a) A song
(c) A cookie
(d) Hints in geometry
10. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through personal experience
(b) Through speech
(c) Through writing
(d) Through demonstration
11. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) The entire world of Flatland
(b) A true cube
(c) A. Square's own home
(d) The stranger's home
12. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
(a) The voice of God
(b) His own
(c) The voice of the Sphere
(d) Nothing, since he doesn't hear it
13. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
14. Why is deception not a problem in Lineland?
(a) The inhabitants cannot change their angles.
(b) The inhabitants cannot change their voice.
(c) The inhabitants cannot change their smell.
(d) The inhabitants cannot change their shape.
15. Who does A. Square decide is fit for his lesson?
(a) His daughter
(b) His grandson
(c) His son
(d) The Council
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as the race of circles climbs higher in development?
2. What is the primary focus of priests?
3. How do individuals in Lineland move?
4. How does A. Square attempt to prove he can see in Lineland?
5. What is a circle in Flatland?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)