|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to A. Square when he finally tells of his adventures?
(a) He is brought before students to teach.
(b) He is arrested and taken before the Council.
(c) He is believed to be a God.
(d) He is imprisoned for life.
2. Where does A. Square asked to be taken, after the stranger's explanation of those who believe in the fourth dimension?
(a) Higher Spaceland
3. How does A. Square know he is to be punished for his views?
(a) He sees his wife being taken away.
(b) His brother informs him.
(c) His children are removed from the home.
(d) The Council substitutes smaller angled soldiers to oversee proceedings.
4. What does the Sphere point out about being self-content?
(a) It equals strength.
(b) It equals stupidity.
(c) It equals happiness.
(d) It equals ignorance.
5. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
6. What do those in power actually do?
(c) All things relating to religion
(d) All things relating to government
7. Who does A. Square decide is fit for his lesson?
(a) The Council
(b) His son
(c) His grandson
(d) His daughter
8. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Twenty feet
(b) Two feet
(c) Three feet
(d) Five feet
9. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why everything is dark.
(b) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
(c) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
(d) Why everything is bright.
10. Where does A. Square first see Lineland?
(a) In a movie
(b) In a dream
(c) In his reflection
(d) In a book
11. What is believed to cause deviance?
(a) Lower class status
(c) A sense of rejection
(d) Irregular shape
12. How does A. Square next attempt to explain the third dimension?
(a) Through writing
(b) Through personal experience
(c) Through demonstration
(d) Through speech
13. What fear does the stranger have as A. Square calls for help?
(a) The others will kill him.
(b) That others will see the Third Dimension.
(c) The others will not believe him.
(d) The others will imprison him.
14. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
(a) Disrespecting his grandson
(b) Disrespecting himself
(c) Disrespecting her
(d) Disrespecting the Chief Circle
15. How many inhabitants are there of Pointland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does the grandson almost grasp?
2. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
3. What does the line claim to be?
4. What is the result of the lesson?
5. What was A. Square's grandson's reward for his work with sight recognition?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)