|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was A. Square's grandson's reward for his work with sight recognition?
(b) A cookie
(c) Hints in geometry
(d) A song
2. What does A. Square tell his wife has happened?
(a) He says he was dreaming.
(b) He tells her of Spaceland.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He says he fell.
3. How do the inhabitants of Lineland comprehend distance?
4. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Leaves the room.
(c) Attacks the stranger.
(d) Understands the lesson.
5. Who does A. Square decide is fit for his lesson?
(a) The Council
(b) His daughter
(c) His son
(d) His grandson
6. What does A. Square believe the straight lines in his dream to be?
(d) Circles pretending to be women
7. Upon waking, who does A. Square plan to educate about dimensions?
(a) His daughter
(b) His wife
(c) His grandson
(d) The Council
8. What does the wife originally believe the shape that appears in the house is?
(a) A circle
(b) A square
(c) A triangle
(d) A woman
9. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
10. What is the final fate for A. Square?
(a) He is imprisoned for life.
(b) He is banished from the town.
(c) He is committed to an asylum.
(d) He is killed.
11. What does the Sphere admit at the end of the chapter?
(a) He was wrong to be angry at A. Square for his questions.
(b) He is only a dream.
(c) He was wrong, and has discovered the fourth dimension.
(d) He is really a circle from Flatland.
12. How does A. Square attack the stranger?
(a) With a knife
(b) With his hardest right angle
(c) With his hands
(d) With a gun
13. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) Only right to left.
(b) Only up and down.
(c) In a single directional line.
(d) They can move anywhere.
14. What hinders A. Square's writing?
(a) Their are only tablets to write with.
(b) There are only lines to write with.
(c) There is no mathematical equivalent.
(d) There are diagrams.
15. What shape does the grandson almost grasp?
(a) A cube
(b) A line
(c) A triangle
(d) A circle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
2. What does A. Square ask for that he cannot be shown?
3. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
4. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
5. What does A. Square say about true space?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)