|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear does the stranger have as A. Square calls for help?
(a) The others will imprison him.
(b) The others will kill him.
(c) That others will see the Third Dimension.
(d) The others will not believe him.
2. What was A. Square's grandson's reward for his work with sight recognition?
(a) A song
(b) A cookie
(d) Hints in geometry
3. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
4. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
(a) Lines and points
(b) A single point
5. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why everything is dark.
(b) Why everything is bright.
(c) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
(d) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
6. Why is deception not a problem in Lineland?
(a) The inhabitants cannot change their smell.
(b) The inhabitants cannot change their angles.
(c) The inhabitants cannot change their voice.
(d) The inhabitants cannot change their shape.
7. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Five feet
(b) Three feet
(c) Twenty feet
(d) Two feet
8. How does A. Square attempt to prove he can see in Lineland?
(a) By describing a straight line.
(b) By explaining that he can see lines and points.
(c) By explaining the number of each sex next to the king.
(d) By describing a circle.
9. What hinders A. Square's writing?
(a) There is no mathematical equivalent.
(b) Their are only tablets to write with.
(c) There are only lines to write with.
(d) There are diagrams.
10. Where does A. Square asked to be taken, after the stranger's explanation of those who believe in the fourth dimension?
(b) Higher Spaceland
11. How does A. Square know he is to be punished for his views?
(a) The Council substitutes smaller angled soldiers to oversee proceedings.
(b) His brother informs him.
(c) His children are removed from the home.
(d) He sees his wife being taken away.
12. What does the stranger say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It is inconceivable.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is real.
(d) It is easy to travel through.
13. What does the Sphere point out about being self-content?
(a) It equals ignorance.
(b) It equals happiness.
(c) It equals stupidity.
(d) It equals strength.
14. What is the final fate for A. Square?
(a) He is committed to an asylum.
(b) He is imprisoned for life.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is banished from the town.
15. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
(a) The voice of the Sphere
(b) His own
(c) The voice of God
(d) Nothing, since he doesn't hear it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square say about true space?
2. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
3. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
4. What does A. Square point out about the King's space?
5. What does the shape claim to be?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)