|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do circles do to their young?
(a) Break their frame to reshape them with fewer sides.
(b) Prepare them for higher education.
(c) Place them in boarding schools.
(d) Break their frame to reshape them with more sides.
2. What does the stranger threaten he will do if A. Square does not let go?
(a) He will take him to Lineland.
(b) He will take him to Spaceland.
(c) He will kill him.
(d) He will take him to Pointland.
3. At the end of the chapter, what does A. Square hear that the Council does to individuals who speak of the Third dimension?
(a) Banishes them from Flatland.
(b) Kills or imprisons them.
(c) Asks them to teach in schools.
(d) Ignores them.
4. What changes A. Square's mind about who to educate first?
(a) He realizes women are too dim to understand.
(b) He is afraid of imprisonment.
(c) He is afraid of divorce.
(d) He cannot seem to recall the information as clearly.
5. What is believed to cause deviance?
(a) Lower class status
(b) A sense of rejection
(c) Irregular shape
6. Where does A. Square travel in his dream?
7. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
(a) The result will be more accidents in the home.
(b) The result will be a lack of communication.
(c) The result will be a lesser male intellect.
(d) The result will be more public accidents.
8. What does A. Square tell his wife has happened?
(a) He tells her of Spaceland.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He says he was dreaming.
(d) He says he fell.
9. What begins at the end of the chapter?
(a) The first millennium
(b) The fourth millennium
(c) The third millennium
(d) The second millennium
10. What prohibits A. Square's student from learning?
(a) The level of intelligence needed
(b) The knowledge of mathematics needed
(c) The proclamation by the Council
(d) The laws of nature
11. What does the line claim to be?
(a) The Queen
(b) A Prince
(c) A Priest
(d) The King
12. What shape does the stranger use to teach about solids?
(a) A straight line
(b) A triangle
(c) A sphere
(d) A cube
13. What does the small creature of Pointland believe A. Square's voice to be?
(a) The voice of God
(b) The voice of the Sphere
(c) His own
(d) Nothing, since he doesn't hear it
14. What does A. Square do at the end of the chapter?
(a) Attacks the stranger.
(b) Leaves the room.
(c) Understands the lesson.
15. How does A. Square know he is to be punished for his views?
(a) His brother informs him.
(b) He sees his wife being taken away.
(c) His children are removed from the home.
(d) The Council substitutes smaller angled soldiers to oversee proceedings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
2. Who controls Flatland?
3. How do individuals in Lineland move?
4. What does the wife originally believe the shape that appears in the house is?
5. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)