|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within how many generations did nearly everyone adopt color?
2. What shape are nobility members?
(d) Straight lines
3. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
4. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets thicker.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets larger.
(d) It gets thinner.
5. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of relativity
(b) The theory of movement
(c) The theory of time and space
(d) The theory of the fourth dimension
6. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are temporal.
(b) They are spatial.
(c) They are unstable.
(d) They are stable.
7. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are placed into State Hospitals.
(c) They are reshaped and adopted into higher classes.
(d) They are allowed to live among the lower class to provide hope.
8. What is irregularity considered in Flatland?
(a) A way to achieve a higher class
(b) A character flaw
(c) Immoral and criminal
(d) A rarity to be praised
9. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(b) Because light comes from the South.
(c) Because light is always present and constant.
(d) Because light comes only from inside houses.
10. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
11. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are not interesting.
(b) They are well rounded.
(c) They are unbelievable.
(d) They are unnecessary.
12. From which direction does rain fall?
13. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
14. In what year was Flatland written?
15. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
(c) Straight lines
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
2. On what does the civilization of Flatland depend?
3. What is the Law of Compensation?
4. Why were women in support of the bill?
5. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)