|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only touch the woman.
(b) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(c) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(d) They can only speak.
2. What happens to Equilateral children of Isosceles Triangles?
(a) They are cherished as the highest member of the Isosceles family.
(b) They are looked down upon.
(c) They are taken away and given to Equilateral parents.
(d) They are killed.
3. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
4. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of movement
(b) The theory of time and space
(c) The theory of the fourth dimension
(d) The theory of relativity
5. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
(a) The nose and the mouth
(b) The eye and the mouth
(c) The mouth and the hand
(d) The eye and the hand
6. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A straight line
(b) A curved line
(c) An Equilateral triangle
(d) A single point
7. What classes are able to use this method?
(a) Lower classes
(b) Only circles
(c) All classes
(d) Upper classes
8. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
9. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
(b) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
(c) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
(d) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
10. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets smaller.
(b) It gets thicker.
(c) It gets larger.
(d) It gets thinner.
11. What shape are professional men?
(a) Equilateral or Isosceles triangles
(d) Squares or Pentagons
12. What allows this method to be possible?
13. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
(a) They are reshaped and adopted into higher classes.
(b) They are allowed to live among the lower class to provide hope.
(c) They are placed into State Hospitals.
(d) They are killed.
14. What group showed the most amazing display of color?
(a) The Woman
(d) The Military
15. Who is Pantocyclus?
(a) The leader of the lower class
(b) The Chief Circle
(c) A. Square's father
(d) The young woman's father
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape of houses is not allowed?
2. How long did the color movement continue?
3. To what class does the Law of Nature not always apply?
4. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
5. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)