|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
(a) There was a decline in intellectual pursuit.
(b) There was an increase in crime.
(c) There was an increase in mortality rates.
(d) There was a decline in reproduction.
2. What happens to the trade man in the author's example of problems with irregular shapes?
(a) He is put into prison.
(b) He is unable to move.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is stuck in a doorway.
3. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can move very quickly.
(b) They can make themselves invisible.
(c) They can change into other forms.
(d) They can see further than any other form.
4. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
(b) State schools
(d) Military schools
5. What is the Law of Nature?
(a) The tendency for any shape out of the ordinary to be killed.
(b) The tendency for each generation to rise in standing.
(c) The tendency for each generation to drop in standing.
(d) The tendency for each generation to remain stable over time.
6. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A straight line
(b) A curved line
(c) A single point
(d) An Equilateral triangle
7. To what does the author compare Flatland?
(b) A globe
(c) A book
(d) A piece of paper
8. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
9. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table.
(b) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(d) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
10. What does the State do with smaller angle specimens used for teaching tools?
(a) They are not fed, and thus killed.
(b) They are dissected.
(c) They are used as food for higher angle specimens.
(d) They are paid well.
11. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(b) The author's presentation of Triangles
(c) The author's presentation of Squares
(d) The author's presentation of Circles
12. What shape are the middle class members?
(b) Equilateral triangles
(c) Isosceles triangles
(d) Straight lines
13. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
(a) The nose and the mouth
(b) The eye and the mouth
(c) The mouth and the hand
(d) The eye and the hand
14. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets smaller.
(b) It gets larger.
(c) It gets thinner.
(d) It gets thicker.
15. What allows this method to be possible?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do families rise in standing?
2. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
3. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
4. How was the bill going to destroy the aristocracy?
5. Within how many generations did nearly everyone adopt color?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)