|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the trade man in the author's example of problems with irregular shapes?
(a) He is stuck in a doorway.
(b) He is unable to move.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is put into prison.
2. From which direction does rain fall?
3. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They are very strong.
(b) They are very smart.
(c) They have three pointed sides.
(d) They are pointed on both ends.
4. What shape are nobility members?
(d) Straight lines
5. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
(a) That the author hates men.
(b) That the author hates children.
(c) That the author hates priests.
(d) That the author hates women.
6. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never speak to their husbands
(b) Never leave their apartments
(c) Face their husbands
(d) Never leave the house
7. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
8. What method of recognition was no longer taught?
9. What shape are women?
(a) Straight lines
(d) Equilateral triangles
10. What allows this method to be possible?
11. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The fourth dimension
(b) The fifth dimension
(c) The second dimension
(d) The first dimension
12. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only speak.
(b) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(c) They can only touch the woman.
(d) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
13. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It is temporal.
(b) It is unstable.
(c) It is stable.
(d) It is spatial.
14. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
15. The second law for women is:
(a) They must never be in public.
(b) They must speak when spoken to in public.
(c) They must continuously make noise when in public.
(d) They must never make a sound in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third law for women is:
2. What is the Law of Nature?
3. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
4. What was one benefit to having color?
5. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)