|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What army did the Isosceles defeat?
(a) The Circles
(b) The Right Triangles
(c) The Polygons
(d) The Women
2. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
(b) Military schools
(c) State schools
3. What method of recognition was no longer taught?
4. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
5. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
6. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They are pointed on both ends.
(b) They have three pointed sides.
(c) They are very smart.
(d) They are very strong.
7. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
(b) Straight lines
8. What shape are nobility members?
(c) Straight lines
9. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of time and space
(b) The theory of relativity
(c) The theory of the fourth dimension
(d) The theory of movement
10. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and physics
(b) Literature and mathematics
(c) Literature and theology
(d) Literature and social sciences
11. What work are irregular shapes allowed to have?
(d) Government positions
12. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To instruct
(b) To waste time
(c) To prove the fourth dimension
(d) To entertain
13. What does the State do with smaller angle specimens used for teaching tools?
(a) They are used as food for higher angle specimens.
(b) They are not fed, and thus killed.
(c) They are dissected.
(d) They are paid well.
14. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
(a) They are vibrant and alive.
(b) They are similar to that of Pointland.
(c) They are dull.
(d) They are similar to that of Spaceland.
15. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That distance should be noted in the novel.
(b) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(c) That weight should be noted in the novel.
(d) That direction should be noted in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
2. What is the Law of Nature?
3. What ended the women's support of the bill?
4. Within how many generations did nearly everyone adopt color?
5. How do families rise in standing?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)