|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do individuals in Lineland move?
(a) In a single directional line.
(b) They can move anywhere.
(c) Only right to left.
(d) Only up and down.
2. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
3. What did Pantocyclus tell the workmen they would have to accept?
(a) Their ambitions for higher classes would be abolished.
(b) Their ambitions for priesthood would be abolished.
(c) Their ambitions for public office would be abolished.
(d) Their ambitions for military work would be abolished.
4. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
(d) Straight lines
5. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and theology
(b) Literature and mathematics
(c) Literature and social sciences
(d) Literature and physics
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pantocyclus?
2. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
3. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
4. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
5. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)