|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) A true cube
(b) A. Square's own home
(c) The entire world of Flatland
(d) The stranger's home
2. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is born with one new side.
(b) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
(c) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
(d) Each generation is born with one less side.
3. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) Their status would increase.
(b) They believed it would make them more attractive.
(c) They wanted style.
(d) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
4. How do the inhabitants of Lineland comprehend distance?
5. What shape are soldiers?
(a) Equilateral triangles
(c) Isosceles Triangles
(d) Straight lines
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
2. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
3. What do all inhabitants of Lineland see?
4. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
5. What shape are nobility members?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)