|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the inhabitants of Lineland comprehend distance?
2. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) The stranger's home
(b) The entire world of Flatland
(c) A. Square's own home
(d) A true cube
3. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and social sciences
(b) Literature and theology
(c) Literature and mathematics
(d) Literature and physics
4. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) Edward Abbott
(b) Banesh Hoffman
(c) Paul Kennedy
(d) A. Square
5. What is the third deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
(a) He rises above Flatland.
(b) He pokes A. Square in the stomach.
(c) He drops below Flatland.
(d) He moves objects without appearing to touch them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ended the women's support of the bill?
2. What does A. Square say about the laws regarding irregulars?
3. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
4. What allows this method to be possible?
5. What fear does the stranger have as A. Square calls for help?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)