|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) Higher classes cannot speak.
(b) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
(c) All classes sound the same.
(d) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
2. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) They wanted style.
(b) Their status would increase.
(c) They believed it would make them more attractive.
(d) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
3. What fear does the stranger have as A. Square calls for help?
(a) The others will imprison him.
(b) That others will see the Third Dimension.
(c) The others will kill him.
(d) The others will not believe him.
4. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and mathematics
(b) Literature and social sciences
(c) Literature and physics
(d) Literature and theology
5. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets thicker.
(b) It gets thinner.
(c) It gets larger.
(d) It gets smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are readers assumed to live?
2. What is the Law of Compensation?
3. In Spaceland, what is valued highest: intellect, emotion, money, or faith?
4. What is irregularity considered in Flatland?
5. Who controls Flatland?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)