|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
(a) They are similar to that of Pointland.
(b) They are similar to that of Spaceland.
(c) They are dull.
(d) They are vibrant and alive.
2. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(b) They can only touch the woman.
(c) They can only speak.
(d) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
3. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
4. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
(a) They understand the mathematics behind them.
(b) They see them.
(c) They infer them.
(d) They don't understand angles.
5. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To explain misconceptions
(b) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(c) To introduce the novel
(d) To apologize for errors and misprints
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
2. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
3. What group showed the most amazing display of color?
4. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
5. To what does the author compare Flatland?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)