|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are spatial.
(b) They are temporal.
(c) They are stable.
(d) They are unstable.
2. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and physics
(b) Literature and theology
(c) Literature and social sciences
(d) Literature and mathematics
3. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They were successful.
(b) They died.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They went insane.
4. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
(a) That the author hates men.
(b) That the author hates children.
(c) That the author hates priests.
(d) That the author hates women.
5. Who is Pantocyclus?
(a) The leader of the lower class
(b) The Chief Circle
(c) A. Square's father
(d) The young woman's father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
2. On what does the civilization of Flatland depend?
3. What begins at the end of the chapter?
4. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
5. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)