|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Squares
(b) The author's presentation of Triangles
(c) The author's presentation of Circles
(d) The author's presentation of Pentagons
2. What is A. Square's first question about Spaceland?
(a) Why he cannot see the stranger's insides.
(b) Why everything is bright.
(c) Why he can see the stranger's insides.
(d) Why everything is dark.
3. How is the regularity of women monitored?
(a) Through annual visits
(b) Through their own word
(c) Through feeling
(d) By pedigrees
4. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are unnecessary.
(b) They are not interesting.
(c) They are well rounded.
(d) They are unbelievable.
5. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light is always present and constant.
(b) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(c) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(d) Because light comes from the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are nobility members?
2. What shape are soldiers?
3. What dimension does the stranger attempt to explain?
4. What is a circle in Flatland?
5. What effect did the end of this method have on the classes?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)