|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The fourth dimension
(b) The first dimension
(c) The second dimension
(d) The fifth dimension
2. What is irregularity considered in Flatland?
(a) A rarity to be praised
(b) A character flaw
(c) Immoral and criminal
(d) A way to achieve a higher class
3. Where does A. Square first see Lineland?
(a) In a dream
(b) In a movie
(c) In his reflection
(d) In a book
4. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
(a) The result will be more public accidents.
(b) The result will be more accidents in the home.
(c) The result will be a lack of communication.
(d) The result will be a lesser male intellect.
5. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A single point
(b) A straight line
(c) An Equilateral triangle
(d) A curved line
Short Answer Questions
1. How do individuals in Lineland move?
2. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
3. What method of recognition is considered illegal?
4. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
5. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)