|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
(a) The Flatland Sight bill
(b) The Universal Recognition bill
(c) The Universal Color bill
(d) The Spaceland Color bill
2. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To entertain
(b) To instruct
(c) To waste time
(d) To prove the fourth dimension
3. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
(a) The result will be more accidents in the home.
(b) The result will be a lack of communication.
(c) The result will be more public accidents.
(d) The result will be a lesser male intellect.
4. What is the average perimeter of a circle?
(a) Twenty feet
(b) Three feet
(c) Two feet
(d) Five feet
5. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They sent those who questioned to prison.
(b) They taxed them until they stopped asking questions.
(c) They prohibited the question entirely.
(d) They told them the light was from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
2. After the war, who is still allowed to make color?
3. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
4. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
5. From which direction does rain fall?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)