|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
(b) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
(c) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
(d) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
2. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) A true cube
(b) A. Square's own home
(c) The entire world of Flatland
(d) The stranger's home
3. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
(a) The Spaceland Color bill
(b) The Universal Color bill
(c) The Universal Recognition bill
(d) The Flatland Sight bill
4. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To explain misconceptions
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To apologize for errors and misprints
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
5. Why does A. Square call the stranger his "lordship"?
(a) He believes the stranger is a king.
(b) He believes the stranger is his boss.
(c) He believes the stranger is the Chief Circle.
(d) He believes the stranger is a perfect circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
2. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
3. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
4. What begins at the end of the chapter?
5. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)