|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which direction does rain fall?
2. What shape does the grandson almost grasp?
(a) A cube
(b) A line
(c) A circle
(d) A triangle
3. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of time and space
(b) The theory of movement
(c) The theory of the fourth dimension
(d) The theory of relativity
4. What does A. Square's wife yell at A. Square for in this chapter?
(a) Disrespecting his grandson
(b) Disrespecting the Chief Circle
(c) Disrespecting her
(d) Disrespecting himself
5. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
(a) There was a decline in reproduction.
(b) There was a decline in intellectual pursuit.
(c) There was an increase in crime.
(d) There was an increase in mortality rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
2. What does the wife originally believe the shape that appears in the house is?
3. How does the stranger defend his idea that omnipotence is not a quality of Gods?
4. What does the shape claim to be?
5. What shape are the middle class members?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)