|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does marriage occur in Lineland?
(a) When two individuals fall in love.
(b) When a woman's voice matches with that of two men.
(c) Marriage doesn't happen in Lineland.
(d) When a man's voice matches with that of two women.
2. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) An Equilateral triangle
(b) A straight line
(c) A single point
(d) A curved line
3. What happens to Equilateral children of Isosceles Triangles?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are taken away and given to Equilateral parents.
(c) They are looked down upon.
(d) They are cherished as the highest member of the Isosceles family.
4. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never leave the house
(b) Never speak to their husbands
(c) Never leave their apartments
(d) Face their husbands
5. Within how many generations did nearly everyone adopt color?
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the end of this method have on the classes?
2. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
3. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
4. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
5. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)