|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, How I Came to Spaceland and What I Saw There.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Squares
(b) The author's presentation of Triangles
(c) The author's presentation of Circles
(d) The author's presentation of Pentagons
2. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
(a) All angles feel the same.
(b) It is easy to confuse Isosceles triangles with Equilateral triangles.
(c) It is easy to confuse a ten-sided shape with a twelve-sided shape.
(d) It is easy to confuse a square with a triangle.
3. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is born with one less side.
(b) Each generation is born with one new side.
(c) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
(d) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
4. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
5. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of the fourth dimension
(b) The theory of relativity
(c) The theory of movement
(d) The theory of time and space
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second deed the stranger does to prove his point of third dimensions?
2. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
3. The third law for women is:
4. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
5. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)