|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(b) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(c) Because light is always present and constant.
(d) Because light comes from the South.
2. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(b) Place a penny on a table.
(c) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(d) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
3. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
(c) Magnetic force
(d) Emotional patterns
4. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are well rounded.
(b) They are unbelievable.
(c) They are not interesting.
(d) They are unnecessary.
5. What shape of houses is not allowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
2. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
3. To what class does the Law of Nature not always apply?
4. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
5. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)