|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
2. Where are readers assumed to live?
3. What bill sought to color women and circles the same?
(a) The Universal Recognition bill
(b) The Universal Color bill
(c) The Spaceland Color bill
(d) The Flatland Sight bill
4. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can move very quickly.
(b) They can make themselves invisible.
(c) They can see further than any other form.
(d) They can change into other forms.
5. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
(b) Because that is what locals call it
(c) To make it easier for him to write about
(d) Because it is flat
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of recognition was no longer taught?
2. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
3. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
4. What work are irregular shapes allowed to have?
5. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)