|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
(a) There was a decline in intellectual pursuit.
(b) There was an increase in mortality rates.
(c) There was a decline in reproduction.
(d) There was an increase in crime.
2. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(b) Social Relations
3. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
(b) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
(c) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
(d) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
4. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He immediately kills her.
(b) He falls in love instantly.
(c) He is put into prison.
(d) He is killed immediately.
5. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
(b) Each generation is born with one less side.
(c) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
(d) Each generation is born with one new side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are nobility members?
2. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
3. From which direction does rain fall?
4. What happens to Equilateral children of Isosceles Triangles?
5. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)