|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) Their status would increase.
(b) They wanted style.
(c) They believed it would make them more attractive.
(d) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
2. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Sing with rhythm
(b) Move their backsides with rhythm
(c) Dance with rhythm
(d) Move their heads with rhythm
3. Within how many generations did nearly everyone adopt color?
4. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To introduce the novel
(b) To explain misconceptions
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To apologize for errors and misprints
5. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are spatial.
(b) They are stable.
(c) They are unstable.
(d) They are temporal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
2. What group showed the most amazing display of color?
3. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
4. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
5. What shape are women?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)