|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To apologize for errors and misprints
(d) To explain misconceptions
2. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(c) Tight rope walkers
3. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They have three pointed sides.
(b) They are very smart.
(c) They are very strong.
(d) They are pointed on both ends.
4. Because of their education, what method of recognition is considered a serious offense?
5. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A single point
(b) A curved line
(c) An Equilateral triangle
(d) A straight line
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
2. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
3. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
4. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
5. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)