|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
2. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
(a) There was a decline in intellectual pursuit.
(b) There was an increase in crime.
(c) There was an increase in mortality rates.
(d) There was a decline in reproduction.
3. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To instruct
(b) To waste time
(c) To prove the fourth dimension
(d) To entertain
4. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Circles
(b) The author's presentation of Squares
(c) The author's presentation of Triangles
(d) The author's presentation of Pentagons
5. What effect did the end of this method have on the classes?
(a) The classes became further separated.
(b) There was no effect.
(c) All classes became closer to equal.
(d) There was a war between the classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
2. What does A. Square say about the aesthetic and artistic aspects of Flatland?
3. What shape are the middle class members?
4. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
5. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)