|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(a) Social Relations
2. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets thicker.
(c) It gets smaller.
(d) It gets thinner.
3. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Move their backsides with rhythm
(b) Move their heads with rhythm
(c) Dance with rhythm
(d) Sing with rhythm
4. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the East.
(b) Allow her to pass to the South.
(c) Allow her to pass to the West.
(d) Allow her to pass to the North.
5. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
(a) Emotional patterns
(c) Magnetic force
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of recognition was no longer taught?
2. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
3. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
4. What shape are soldiers?
5. From which direction does rain fall?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)