|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To introduce the novel
(b) To apologize for errors and misprints
(c) To explain misconceptions
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
2. The first law for women is;
(a) They must enter houses on the East side.
(b) They must enter houses on the West side.
(c) They must enter houses on the North side.
(d) They must enter houses on the South side.
3. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and mathematics
(b) Literature and social sciences
(c) Literature and theology
(d) Literature and physics
4. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
(b) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
(c) All classes sound the same.
(d) Higher classes cannot speak.
5. What shape of houses is not allowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
2. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
3. What does the shape of women prevent?
4. How do families rise in standing?
5. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)