|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the trade man in the author's example of problems with irregular shapes?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is stuck in a doorway.
(c) He is put into prison.
(d) He is unable to move.
2. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
3. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never leave their apartments
(b) Never speak to their husbands
(c) Face their husbands
(d) Never leave the house
4. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
5. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(b) Because light comes from the South.
(c) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(d) Because light is always present and constant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
2. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
3. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
4. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
5. The third law for women is:
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)