|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are unbelievable.
(b) They are unnecessary.
(c) They are well rounded.
(d) They are not interesting.
2. What shape are nobility members?
(d) Straight lines
3. What shape are professional men?
(a) Squares or Pentagons
(d) Equilateral or Isosceles triangles
4. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
(b) They believed it would make them more attractive.
(c) They wanted style.
(d) Their status would increase.
5. What happens to Equilateral children of Isosceles Triangles?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are looked down upon.
(c) They are cherished as the highest member of the Isosceles family.
(d) They are taken away and given to Equilateral parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
2. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
3. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
4. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
5. What work are irregular shapes allowed to have?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)