|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They are very strong.
(b) They are very smart.
(c) They are pointed on both ends.
(d) They have three pointed sides.
2. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in the death of more men.
(b) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(c) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
(d) Such actions result in the death of more women.
3. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never leave their apartments
(b) Never speak to their husbands
(c) Face their husbands
(d) Never leave the house
4. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
5. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
(b) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
(c) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
(d) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
2. To what does the author compare Flatland?
3. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
4. What shape are women?
5. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)