|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) All classes sound the same.
(b) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
(c) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
(d) Higher classes cannot speak.
2. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
3. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
(b) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
(c) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
(d) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
4. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It is temporal.
(b) It is spatial.
(c) It is unstable.
(d) It is stable.
5. The first law for women is;
(a) They must enter houses on the North side.
(b) They must enter houses on the East side.
(c) They must enter houses on the South side.
(d) They must enter houses on the West side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
2. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
3. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
4. What work are irregular shapes allowed to have?
5. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)