|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are nobility members?
(b) Straight lines
2. What happens to the most irregular shapes?
(a) They are allowed into public office.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are allowed to marry into a higher class.
(d) They are killed.
3. Where are readers assumed to live?
4. The first law for women is;
(a) They must enter houses on the North side.
(b) They must enter houses on the West side.
(c) They must enter houses on the South side.
(d) They must enter houses on the East side.
5. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of a sense of direction
(b) Lack of compasses
(c) Lack of sight
(d) Lack of a sun
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows this method to be possible?
2. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
3. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
4. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
5. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)