|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(b) That direction should be noted in the novel.
(c) That weight should be noted in the novel.
(d) That distance should be noted in the novel.
2. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only speak.
(b) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(c) They can only touch the woman.
(d) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
3. What happens to the trade man in the author's example of problems with irregular shapes?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is put into prison.
(c) He is stuck in a doorway.
(d) He is unable to move.
4. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
(c) Military schools
(d) State schools
5. In what year was Flatland written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
2. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
3. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
4. What work are irregular shapes allowed to have?
5. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)