|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is irregularity considered in Flatland?
(a) Immoral and criminal
(b) A rarity to be praised
(c) A character flaw
(d) A way to achieve a higher class
2. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They have three pointed sides.
(b) They are very smart.
(c) They are pointed on both ends.
(d) They are very strong.
3. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(a) Social Relations
4. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(a) Triangles and Squares
(b) Straight lines
5. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is born with one less side.
(b) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
(c) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
(d) Each generation is born with one new side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
2. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
3. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
4. What shape are the middle class members?
5. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)