|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the State do with smaller angle specimens used for teaching tools?
(a) They are not fed, and thus killed.
(b) They are dissected.
(c) They are used as food for higher angle specimens.
(d) They are paid well.
2. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To explain misconceptions
(b) To apologize for errors and misprints
(c) To introduce the novel
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
3. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The fourth dimension
(b) The fifth dimension
(c) The second dimension
(d) The first dimension
4. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the South.
(b) Allow her to pass to the North.
(c) Allow her to pass to the West.
(d) Allow her to pass to the East.
5. What is irregularity considered in Flatland?
(a) A character flaw
(b) A way to achieve a higher class
(c) Immoral and criminal
(d) A rarity to be praised
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
2. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
3. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. From which direction do women enter houses?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)