|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(b) Because light is always present and constant.
(c) Because light comes from the South.
(d) Because light comes only from inside houses.
2. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
(a) They are reshaped and adopted into higher classes.
(b) They are allowed to live among the lower class to provide hope.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are placed into State Hospitals.
3. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That direction should be noted in the novel.
(b) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(c) That weight should be noted in the novel.
(d) That distance should be noted in the novel.
4. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
5. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
(a) Military schools
(b) State schools
Short Answer Questions
1. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
2. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
3. What shape are women?
4. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
5. How do families rise in standing?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)