|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are nobility members?
(c) Straight lines
2. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Circles
(b) The author's presentation of Triangles
(c) The author's presentation of Squares
(d) The author's presentation of Pentagons
3. What happens to the most irregular shapes?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are allowed to marry into a higher class.
(c) They are allowed into public office.
(d) They are killed.
4. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
(b) Emotional patterns
(d) Magnetic force
5. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(b) Tight rope walkers
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
2. What is the Law of Compensation?
3. From which direction does rain fall?
4. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
5. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)