|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They cannot work.
(b) They are less intelligent.
(c) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(d) They cannot have children.
2. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
(b) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
(c) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
(d) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
3. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
4. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(b) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(c) There could be no door for women.
(d) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
5. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(c) Tight rope walkers
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
2. What classes are able to use this method?
3. What shape are the middle class members?
4. How do families rise in standing?
5. To what class does the Law of Nature not always apply?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)