|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do families rise in standing?
(a) Each generation is born with one new side.
(b) Each generation is born with one less side.
(c) Each generation is educated in a more superior manner.
(d) They do not; statuses are unchangeable in Flatland.
2. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
(b) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
(c) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
(d) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
3. To what does the author compare Flatland?
(a) A piece of paper
(b) A book
(c) A globe
4. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
5. What classes are able to use this method?
(a) All classes
(b) Only circles
(c) Upper classes
(d) Lower classes
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
2. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
4. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
5. Because of their education, what method of recognition is considered a serious offense?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)