|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table.
(b) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(d) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
2. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Triangles and Squares
(d) Straight lines
3. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
(c) State schools
(d) Military schools
4. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and social sciences
(b) Literature and mathematics
(c) Literature and physics
(d) Literature and theology
5. The second law for women is:
(a) They must speak when spoken to in public.
(b) They must continuously make noise when in public.
(c) They must never be in public.
(d) They must never make a sound in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
2. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
3. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
4. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
5. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)