|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To prove the fourth dimension
(b) To instruct
(c) To entertain
(d) To waste time
2. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That direction should be noted in the novel.
(b) That distance should be noted in the novel.
(c) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(d) That weight should be noted in the novel.
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(b) They can only touch the woman.
(c) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(d) They can only speak.
4. On what does the civilization of Flatland depend?
(a) Irregularity of shapes
(b) Regularity of shapes
(c) The lower classes
(d) The State
5. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To explain misconceptions
(b) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(c) To introduce the novel
(d) To apologize for errors and misprints
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to leaders of rebellions of lower classes who are nearly regular shaped?
2. What shape of houses is not allowed?
3. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
4. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
5. What is the second means of recognition in Flatland?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)