|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Concerning Irregular Figures.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To explain misconceptions
(b) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(c) To introduce the novel
(d) To apologize for errors and misprints
2. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(b) Because light comes from the South.
(c) Because light is always present and constant.
(d) Because light comes only from inside houses.
3. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never leave their apartments
(b) Never speak to their husbands
(c) Face their husbands
(d) Never leave the house
4. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
5. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They went insane.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They were successful.
(d) They died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
2. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
3. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
4. Where are readers assumed to live?
5. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)