|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Flatland written?
2. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
3. What shape of houses is not allowed?
4. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
5. From which direction does rain fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
2. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
3. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
4. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
5. To what does the author compare Flatland?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)