|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It is stable.
(b) It is unstable.
(c) It is temporal.
(d) It is spatial.
2. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To introduce the novel
(b) To apologize for errors and misprints
(c) To explain misconceptions
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
3. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets thinner.
(c) It gets thicker.
(d) It gets smaller.
4. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
5. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of the fourth dimension
(b) The theory of relativity
(c) The theory of time and space
(d) The theory of movement
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
2. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
3. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)