|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Flatland written?
2. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They died.
(b) They went insane.
(c) They were successful.
(d) They were arrested.
3. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
4. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes from the South.
(b) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(c) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(d) Because light is always present and constant.
5. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To instruct
(b) To waste time
(c) To entertain
(d) To prove the fourth dimension
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
2. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
3. From which direction do women enter houses?
4. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
5. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)