|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
2. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To explain misconceptions
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To introduce the novel
3. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
(a) John Smith
(b) Edwin Abbott
(c) A. Square
(d) B. Triangle
4. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of relativity
(b) The theory of time and space
(c) The theory of movement
(d) The theory of the fourth dimension
5. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets thinner.
(b) It gets thicker.
(c) It gets smaller.
(d) It gets larger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
2. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
3. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
4. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
5. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)