|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(c) Tight rope walkers
2. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
3. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
(a) That the author was writing his true opinion, and has a right to his opinion.
(b) That the author was writing as other historians have written.
(c) That the author was defending children through irony.
(d) That the author was pointing out the danger of religion.
4. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are stable.
(b) They are temporal.
(c) They are unstable.
(d) They are spatial.
5. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of compasses
(b) Lack of a sense of direction
(c) Lack of sight
(d) Lack of a sun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
2. From which direction does rain fall?
3. From which direction do women enter houses?
4. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
5. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)