|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
(b) Magnetic force
(d) Emotional patterns
2. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
3. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
(b) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
(c) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
(d) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
4. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
5. From which direction does rain fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
2. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
3. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
4. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
5. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)