|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A single point
(b) A curved line
(c) An Equilateral triangle
(d) A straight line
2. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are unnecessary.
(b) They are not interesting.
(c) They are unbelievable.
(d) They are well rounded.
3. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the West.
(b) Allow her to pass to the East.
(c) Allow her to pass to the South.
(d) Allow her to pass to the North.
4. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
5. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
2. From which direction do women enter houses?
3. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
4. Where are readers assumed to live?
5. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)