|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(b) Place a penny on a table.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(d) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
2. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets thinner.
(b) It gets thicker.
(c) It gets smaller.
(d) It gets larger.
3. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
(c) Magnetic force
(d) Emotional patterns
4. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(c) Social Relations
5. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are not interesting.
(b) They are unbelievable.
(c) They are well rounded.
(d) They are unnecessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
2. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
3. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
4. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
5. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)