|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The fifth dimension
(b) The second dimension
(c) The first dimension
(d) The fourth dimension
2. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
3. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
(a) Magnetic force
(c) Emotional patterns
4. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
5. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets thicker.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets thinner.
(d) It gets larger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
2. To what does the author compare Flatland?
3. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
4. From which direction do women enter houses?
5. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)