|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
2. In what year was Flatland written?
3. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(d) Social Relations
4. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the East.
(b) Allow her to pass to the West.
(c) Allow her to pass to the South.
(d) Allow her to pass to the North.
5. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Triangles
(b) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(c) The author's presentation of Squares
(d) The author's presentation of Circles
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
2. What shape of houses is not allowed?
3. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
4. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
5. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)