|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(a) Tight rope walkers
2. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
3. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It is unstable.
(b) It is temporal.
(c) It is spatial.
(d) It is stable.
4. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
(b) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
(c) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
(d) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
5. From which direction do women enter houses?
(b) None, as directions don't exist in Flatland
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
2. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
3. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
4. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
5. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)