|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
2. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of compasses
(b) Lack of a sense of direction
(c) Lack of a sun
(d) Lack of sight
3. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(b) Because light comes from the South.
(c) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(d) Because light is always present and constant.
4. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
(b) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
(c) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
(d) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
5. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(c) Social Relations
Short Answer Questions
1. From which direction does rain fall?
2. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
3. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
4. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
5. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)