|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman admit Abbott succeeded in defeating?
2. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Straight lines
(c) Triangles and Squares
3. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) Edward Abbott
(b) Banesh Hoffman
(c) Paul Kennedy
(d) A. Square
4. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
(b) Magnetic force
(c) Emotional patterns
5. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
2. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
3. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
4. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
5. From which direction do women enter houses?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)