|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They taxed them until they stopped asking questions.
(b) They told them the light was from God.
(c) They sent those who questioned to prison.
(d) They prohibited the question entirely.
2. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
(a) The fourth dimension
(b) The second dimension
(c) The first dimension
(d) The fifth dimension
3. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
4. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(b) That direction should be noted in the novel.
(c) That weight should be noted in the novel.
(d) That distance should be noted in the novel.
5. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(b) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(c) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
(d) There could be no door for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
2. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
3. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
4. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
5. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)