|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
2. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They told them the light was from God.
(b) They prohibited the question entirely.
(c) They sent those who questioned to prison.
(d) They taxed them until they stopped asking questions.
3. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
4. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
5. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table.
(b) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(d) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
2. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
3. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
4. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
5. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)