|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
(a) That the author was defending children through irony.
(b) That the author was writing as other historians have written.
(c) That the author was writing his true opinion, and has a right to his opinion.
(d) That the author was pointing out the danger of religion.
2. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
3. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
4. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are well rounded.
(b) They are not interesting.
(c) They are unbelievable.
(d) They are unnecessary.
5. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
2. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
3. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
4. What shape of houses is not allowed?
5. From which direction do women enter houses?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)