|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
2. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of relativity
(b) The theory of the fourth dimension
(c) The theory of movement
(d) The theory of time and space
3. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They were successful.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They died.
(d) They went insane.
4. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(b) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(c) There could be no door for women.
(d) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
5. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
2. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
3. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
4. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
5. From which direction do women enter houses?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)