|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are not interesting.
(b) They are unnecessary.
(c) They are well rounded.
(d) They are unbelievable.
2. In what year was Flatland written?
3. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of relativity
(b) The theory of the fourth dimension
(c) The theory of movement
(d) The theory of time and space
4. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
5. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
(a) That the author was pointing out the danger of religion.
(b) That the author was defending children through irony.
(c) That the author was writing as other historians have written.
(d) That the author was writing his true opinion, and has a right to his opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
2. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
3. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
4. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
5. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)