|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets smaller.
(b) It gets larger.
(c) It gets thicker.
(d) It gets thinner.
2. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It is unstable.
(b) It is spatial.
(c) It is stable.
(d) It is temporal.
3. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
(a) That the author was pointing out the danger of religion.
(b) That the author was defending children through irony.
(c) That the author was writing his true opinion, and has a right to his opinion.
(d) That the author was writing as other historians have written.
4. From which direction does rain fall?
5. What shape of houses is not allowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
2. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
3. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
4. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
5. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)