|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) There could be no door for women.
(b) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(c) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(d) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
2. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Squares
(b) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(c) The author's presentation of Triangles
(d) The author's presentation of Circles
3. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To introduce the novel
(b) To explain misconceptions
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To apologize for errors and misprints
4. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
5. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
(a) That the author was defending children through irony.
(b) That the author was writing as other historians have written.
(c) That the author was writing his true opinion, and has a right to his opinion.
(d) That the author was pointing out the danger of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
2. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
3. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
4. From which direction do women enter houses?
5. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)