|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Of the Climate and Houses in Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoffman say about the characters of Flatland?
(a) They are unnecessary.
(b) They are not interesting.
(c) They are unbelievable.
(d) They are well rounded.
2. Where are readers assumed to live?
3. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table.
(b) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(d) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
4. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
5. What does Hoffman say about the fourth dimension?
(a) It is unstable.
(b) It is spatial.
(c) It is stable.
(d) It is temporal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
2. From which direction do women enter houses?
3. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
4. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
5. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)