|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, How I Tried to Teach the Theory of Three Dimensions to My Grandson, and with What Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) They wanted style.
(b) They believed it would make them more attractive.
(c) Their status would increase.
(d) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
2. What does the shape of women prevent?
(a) Spontaneous passion
3. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Squares
(b) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(c) The author's presentation of Circles
(d) The author's presentation of Triangles
4. What does A. Square discover about the stranger when he is allowed to feel his body?
(a) The stranger has many angles.
(b) The stranger has no shape.
(c) The stranger has no angles.
(d) The stranger is a straight line.
5. What does the stranger show A. Square first?
(a) A. Square's own home
(b) The entire world of Flatland
(c) The stranger's home
(d) A true cube
Short Answer Questions
1. What ended the women's support of the bill?
2. What recognition method is used as a teaching tool by the stranger?
3. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. What shape of houses is not allowed?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)