Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, How I Vainly Tried to Explain the Nature of Flatland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
(a) They see them.
(b) They infer them.
(c) They understand the mathematics behind them.
(d) They don't understand angles.
2. What shape are professional men?
(a) Squares or Pentagons
(b) Equilateral or Isosceles triangles
3. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
4. What ended the women's support of the bill?
(a) The attack of a young woman by an Isosceles pretending to be a higher class shape.
(b) The attack of a young woman by a Square pretending to be a higher class shape
(c) The attack of a young woman by a Circle pretending to be a lower class shape
(d) The attack of a young woman by an Right Triangle pretending to be a higher class shape
5. What happens as the race of circles climbs higher in development?
(a) They become more fertile.
(b) They become less fertile.
(c) They become less intelligent.
(d) They become more intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows this method to be possible?
2. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
3. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)