|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Of the Universal Color Bill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
(b) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
(c) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
(d) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
2. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the South.
(b) Allow her to pass to the West.
(c) Allow her to pass to the North.
(d) Allow her to pass to the East.
3. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(b) To apologize for errors and misprints
(c) To explain misconceptions
(d) To introduce the novel
4. What allows this method to be possible?
5. What happens to the trade man in the author's example of problems with irregular shapes?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is stuck in a doorway.
(c) He is unable to move.
(d) He is put into prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
2. Who was the first person to invent color?
3. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. To what does the author compare Flatland?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)