Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Concerning the Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light is always present and constant.
(b) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(c) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(d) Because light comes from the South.
2. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(a) Triangles and Squares
(d) Straight lines
3. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are spatial.
(b) They are unstable.
(c) They are temporal.
(d) They are stable.
4. What shapes are included in the Priestly order?
(c) Straight lines
5. What is the Law of Compensation?
(a) The tendency for stronger shapes to be less intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be more intelligent.
(b) The tendency for stronger shapes to be more intelligent, and for weaker shapes to be less intelligent.
(c) The tendency for weaker shapes to be taller, and stronger shapes to be shorter.
(d) The tendency for women to be weak but intelligent, and for men to be strong but less intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
2. The first law for women is;
3. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
4. In what year was Flatland written?
5. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)