|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
(a) All angles feel the same.
(b) It is easy to confuse a ten-sided shape with a twelve-sided shape.
(c) It is easy to confuse Isosceles triangles with Equilateral triangles.
(d) It is easy to confuse a square with a triangle.
2. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(b) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(c) They can only speak.
(d) They can only touch the woman.
3. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To explain misconceptions
4. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of a sun
(b) Lack of sight
(c) Lack of a sense of direction
(d) Lack of compasses
5. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
2. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
3. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
4. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
5. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)