|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(b) Because light doesn't exist inside.
(c) Because light comes from the South.
(d) Because light is always present and constant.
2. The first law for women is;
(a) They must enter houses on the North side.
(b) They must enter houses on the East side.
(c) They must enter houses on the South side.
(d) They must enter houses on the West side.
3. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never speak to their husbands
(b) Never leave their apartments
(c) Face their husbands
(d) Never leave the house
4. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(b) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(d) Place a penny on a table.
5. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
(a) It is easy to confuse Isosceles triangles with Equilateral triangles.
(b) All angles feel the same.
(c) It is easy to confuse a square with a triangle.
(d) It is easy to confuse a ten-sided shape with a twelve-sided shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shape of women prevent?
2. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
3. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
4. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
5. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)