|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They died.
(c) They were successful.
(d) They went insane.
2. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To explain misconceptions
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
3. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
4. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
(b) All classes sound the same.
(c) Higher classes cannot speak.
(d) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
5. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only speak.
(b) They can only touch the woman.
(c) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(d) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
2. The second law for women is:
3. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
4. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
5. What shape of houses is not allowed?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)