|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second means of recognition in Flatland?
2. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(a) Tight rope walkers
3. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) All classes sound the same.
(b) Higher classes cannot speak.
(c) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
(d) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
4. The first law for women is;
(a) They must enter houses on the South side.
(b) They must enter houses on the West side.
(c) They must enter houses on the East side.
(d) They must enter houses on the North side.
5. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
(a) To apologize for errors and misprints
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(d) To explain misconceptions
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
2. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
3. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
4. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
5. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)