|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
(b) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
(c) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(d) Such actions result in the death of more men.
2. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
(b) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
(c) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
(d) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
3. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
4. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Squares
(b) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(c) The author's presentation of Triangles
(d) The author's presentation of Circles
5. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
(b) Higher classes cannot speak.
(c) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
(d) All classes sound the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
2. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
3. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
4. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
5. What object that helps sight in Spaceland does not exist in Flatland?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)