|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He is killed immediately.
(b) He falls in love instantly.
(c) He immediately kills her.
(d) He is put into prison.
2. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They prohibited the question entirely.
(b) They sent those who questioned to prison.
(c) They taxed them until they stopped asking questions.
(d) They told them the light was from God.
3. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
(a) Edward Abbott
(b) Paul Kennedy
(c) Banesh Hoffman
(d) A. Square
4. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(a) Straight lines
(c) Triangles and Squares
5. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
(a) It gets thinner.
(b) It gets larger.
(c) It gets thicker.
(d) It gets smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
2. What does the State do with smaller angle specimens used for teaching tools?
3. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
4. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
5. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)