|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(b) They can only speak.
(c) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(d) They can only touch the woman.
2. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of compasses
(b) Lack of a sense of direction
(c) Lack of a sun
(d) Lack of sight
3. What happened to those who attempted to discover the source of light in Flatland?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They were successful.
(c) They died.
(d) They went insane.
4. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
5. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can make themselves invisible.
(b) They can see further than any other form.
(c) They can change into other forms.
(d) They can move very quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
2. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
3. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
4. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
5. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)