|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Move their heads with rhythm
(b) Sing with rhythm
(c) Dance with rhythm
(d) Move their backsides with rhythm
2. From which direction do women enter houses?
(a) None, as directions don't exist in Flatland
3. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
4. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of a sense of direction
(b) Lack of a sun
(c) Lack of sight
(d) Lack of compasses
5. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
(a) That the author hates children.
(b) That the author hates women.
(c) That the author hates men.
(d) That the author hates priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
2. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
3. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
4. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
5. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)