|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
2. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
(a) To introduce the novel
(b) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
(c) To explain misconceptions
(d) To apologize for errors and misprints
3. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(b) The author's presentation of Triangles
(c) The author's presentation of Squares
(d) The author's presentation of Circles
4. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) Higher classes cannot speak.
(b) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
(c) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
(d) All classes sound the same.
5. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
(a) It is easy to confuse Isosceles triangles with Equilateral triangles.
(b) All angles feel the same.
(c) It is easy to confuse a ten-sided shape with a twelve-sided shape.
(d) It is easy to confuse a square with a triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are readers assumed to live?
2. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
3. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
4. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
5. From which direction do women enter houses?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)