|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a man expected to do when meeting a woman on the street?
(a) Allow her to pass to the South.
(b) Allow her to pass to the East.
(c) Allow her to pass to the North.
(d) Allow her to pass to the West.
2. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
(a) They don't understand angles.
(b) They understand the mathematics behind them.
(c) They see them.
(d) They infer them.
3. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He falls in love instantly.
(b) He is killed immediately.
(c) He immediately kills her.
(d) He is put into prison.
4. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
(a) Move south
(b) Rise above or beneath the surface
(c) Move north
(d) Move sideways
5. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(b) That weight should be noted in the novel.
(c) That distance should be noted in the novel.
(d) That direction should be noted in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third unrecognized dimension in Flatland?
2. To what does the author compare Flatland?
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
4. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
5. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)