|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Move their backsides with rhythm
(b) Sing with rhythm
(c) Dance with rhythm
(d) Move their heads with rhythm
2. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
3. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
(a) The author's presentation of Circles
(b) The author's presentation of Pentagons
(c) The author's presentation of Squares
(d) The author's presentation of Triangles
4. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table.
(b) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(d) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
5. To what does the author compare Flatland?
(a) A book
(b) A globe
(c) A piece of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. The third law for women is:
2. What is the second means of recognition in Flatland?
3. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
4. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
5. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)