|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
(b) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
(c) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
(d) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
2. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can see further than any other form.
(b) They can make themselves invisible.
(c) They can move very quickly.
(d) They can change into other forms.
3. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
(a) A curved line
(b) A single point
(c) A straight line
(d) An Equilateral triangle
4. From which direction do women enter houses?
(b) None, as directions don't exist in Flatland
5. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) Because that is what locals call it
(b) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
(c) To make it easier for him to write about
(d) Because it is flat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his second reason for writing the preface?
2. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
3. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
4. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
5. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)