|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets thicker.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets thinner.
(d) It gets larger.
2. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To explain misconceptions
(b) To introduce the novel
(c) To apologize for errors and misprints
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
3. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Sing with rhythm
(b) Move their backsides with rhythm
(c) Dance with rhythm
(d) Move their heads with rhythm
4. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
(a) The curved exterior would be difficult to discern.
(b) The sharp angle may hurt someone.
(c) The rain would not properly run off, causing death.
(d) There could be no door for women.
5. Why are there no windows in houses of Flatland?
(a) Because light comes only from inside houses.
(b) Because light comes from the South.
(c) Because light is always present and constant.
(d) Because light doesn't exist inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
2. What is the editor's defense of the second objection?
3. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
4. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
5. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)