|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) All classes sound the same.
(b) Higher classes cannot speak.
(c) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
(d) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
2. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
(a) That the author hates women.
(b) That the author hates priests.
(c) That the author hates men.
(d) That the author hates children.
3. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of a sense of direction
(b) Lack of compasses
(c) Lack of a sun
(d) Lack of sight
4. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
(a) Sing with rhythm
(b) Dance with rhythm
(c) Move their backsides with rhythm
(d) Move their heads with rhythm
5. What does the State do with smaller angle specimens used for teaching tools?
(a) They are not fed, and thus killed.
(b) They are used as food for higher angle specimens.
(c) They are paid well.
(d) They are dissected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
2. To what does the author compare Flatland?
3. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
4. From which direction do women enter houses?
5. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)