|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is hearing only used on occasion as a recognition method?
(a) All classes sound the same.
(b) Lower classes can imitate higher classes.
(c) Higher classes cannot speak.
(d) Lower classes cannot make sounds.
2. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
(b) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
(c) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
(d) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
3. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He is killed immediately.
(b) He is put into prison.
(c) He immediately kills her.
(d) He falls in love instantly.
4. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
(b) Tight rope walkers
5. The second law for women is:
(a) They must never be in public.
(b) They must continuously make noise when in public.
(c) They must never make a sound in public.
(d) They must speak when spoken to in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
2. Where are readers assumed to live?
3. What does the shape of women prevent?
4. How many points are on a compass in Flatland?
5. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)