|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third law for women is:
(a) Any female found in public is immediately killed.
(b) Any female with involuntary actions is to be immediately killed.
(c) Any female who speaks out against a man is immediately killed.
(d) Any female found to be infertile is immediately killed.
2. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
3. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of a sun
(b) Lack of sight
(c) Lack of a sense of direction
(d) Lack of compasses
4. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(a) Triangles and Squares
(b) Straight lines
5. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(b) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(d) Place a penny on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
2. Who is the editor, in reality, who wrote the Preface?
3. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
4. What does the editor say is his first reason for writing the preface?
5. The first law for women is;
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)