|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only touch the woman.
(b) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
(c) They can only speak.
(d) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
2. The second law for women is:
(a) They must never make a sound in public.
(b) They must continuously make noise when in public.
(c) They must never be in public.
(d) They must speak when spoken to in public.
3. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
(a) To explain misconceptions
(b) To apologize for errors and misprints
(c) To introduce the novel
(d) To thank readers and critics in Spaceland
4. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
5. What is the most common form of house construction in Flatland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
2. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
3. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
4. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
5. What does the State do with smaller angle specimens used for teaching tools?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)