|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can inhabitants conceive of angles?
(a) They see them.
(b) They understand the mathematics behind them.
(c) They infer them.
(d) They don't understand angles.
2. Why is touching on occasion inaccurate?
(a) It is easy to confuse a ten-sided shape with a twelve-sided shape.
(b) All angles feel the same.
(c) It is easy to confuse a square with a triangle.
(d) It is easy to confuse Isosceles triangles with Equilateral triangles.
3. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He is put into prison.
(b) He is killed immediately.
(c) He immediately kills her.
(d) He falls in love instantly.
4. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
5. What does the editor note that A. Square wishes the readers of Flatland would understand?
(a) Not all aspects of Pointland are meant to correspond to Flatland.
(b) The book is to be taken literally at all times.
(c) The book is not supposed to correspond at all to reality.
(d) Not all aspects of Flatland are meant to correspond to Spaceland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
2. How did the Legislature finally stop individuals from trying to find the source of light in Flatland?
3. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
4. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
5. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)