|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets thicker.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets larger.
(d) It gets thinner.
2. What is the editor's defense of the first objection?
(a) That since thickness cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(b) That since weight cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(c) That since distance cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
(d) That since direction cannot be measured, it is not comprehended.
3. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
(a) They are pointed on both ends.
(b) They are very strong.
(c) They are very smart.
(d) They have three pointed sides.
4. What does A. Square blame for the inhabitants' inability to discern North in the normal way?
(a) Lack of a sun
(b) Lack of a sense of direction
(c) Lack of sight
(d) Lack of compasses
5. The second law for women is:
(a) They must speak when spoken to in public.
(b) They must never make a sound in public.
(c) They must never be in public.
(d) They must continuously make noise when in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is the second objection to the novel?
2. What shape of houses is not allowed?
3. Why is this shape of house not allowed?
4. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
5. The third law for women is:
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)