|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Of Our Methods of Recognizing One Another.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first means of recognition in Flatland?
2. What does the editor say is the first objection to the novel?
(a) That distance should be noted in the novel.
(b) That thickness should be noted in the novel.
(c) That weight should be noted in the novel.
(d) That direction should be noted in the novel.
3. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Triangles and Squares
(c) Straight lines
4. What happens to a line as it gets closer in Flatland?
(a) It gets thinner.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets thicker.
(d) It gets larger.
5. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(b) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(d) Place a penny on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the editor say is his third reason for writing the preface?
2. What does the "pull" in Flatland represent in Spaceland?
3. What does the editor compare Flatland's third dimension to in Spaceland?
4. What does the editor defend against at the end of the preface?
5. Where are readers assumed to live?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)