|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Of the Doctrines of our Priests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
(b) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(c) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(d) Place a penny on a table.
2. Because of their education, what method of recognition is considered a serious offense?
3. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
4. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only touch the woman.
(b) They can only speak.
(c) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(d) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
5. What is the primary focus of priests?
(a) Raise a family.
(b) Attend to their configuration.
(c) Become involved in government.
(d) Attend higher education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
2. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
3. What are women not taught to do?
4. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
5. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)