|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Of the Doctrines of our Priests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can see further than any other form.
(b) They can move very quickly.
(c) They can change into other forms.
(d) They can make themselves invisible.
2. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Straight lines
(d) Triangles and Squares
3. What method of recognition was no longer taught?
4. What have the priests discovered about increasing laws against women that force them to be confined at home?
(a) Such actions result in higher suicide rates.
(b) Such actions result in the death of more women.
(c) Such actions result in the death of more men.
(d) Such actions result in higher birth rates.
5. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
(a) Because it is flat
(b) Because that is what locals call it
(c) To make it easier for him to write about
(d) To make it easier to distinguish for readers
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
2. Where are readers assumed to live?
3. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
4. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
5. What physical trait makes women in Flatland dangerous?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)