|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Of the Doctrines of our Priests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They cannot have children.
(b) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(c) They are less intelligent.
(d) They cannot work.
2. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
(a) The result will be a lesser male intellect.
(b) The result will be more public accidents.
(c) The result will be a lack of communication.
(d) The result will be more accidents in the home.
3. What power do women have in Flatland that makes them even more deadly?
(a) They can change into other forms.
(b) They can see further than any other form.
(c) They can make themselves invisible.
(d) They can move very quickly.
4. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) Their status would increase.
(b) They wanted style.
(c) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
(d) They believed it would make them more attractive.
5. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(a) Triangles and Squares
(b) Straight lines
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
2. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
3. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
4. What do upper class women do that lower class women try to imitate?
5. The third law for women is:
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)