|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Of the Doctrines of our Priests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are readers assumed to live?
2. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They are less intelligent.
(b) They cannot have children.
(c) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(d) They cannot work.
3. What can inhabitants of Flatland NOT do?
(a) Move sideways
(b) Rise above or beneath the surface
(c) Move north
(d) Move south
4. What allows this method to be possible?
5. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Face their husbands
(b) Never leave their apartments
(c) Never speak to their husbands
(d) Never leave the house
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notes these individuals have a similar experience in Spaceland that helps explain what things look like in Flatland.
2. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
3. What are women not taught to do?
4. Where are higher class youths sent for education?
5. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)