|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Of the Doctrines of our Priests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the author compare Flatland?
(a) A piece of paper
(c) A globe
(d) A book
2. What is believed to cause deviance?
(a) Lower class status
(b) Irregular shape
(d) A sense of rejection
3. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They cannot have children.
(b) They cannot work.
(c) They are less intelligent.
(d) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
4. What can men do when women are in their apartments?
(a) They can only speak.
(b) Anything, since the woman won't remember it.
(c) They can only touch the woman.
(d) Nothing, since they are inaccessible to men.
5. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(b) Straight lines
(c) Triangles and Squares
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A. Square fear about this lack of training?
2. What two body parts are the same on a woman?
3. The first law for women is;
4. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
5. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)