|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Of the Doctrines of our Priests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They are less intelligent.
(b) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(c) They cannot work.
(d) They cannot have children.
2. What does the author tell the reader to do to mimic Flatland?
(a) Place a penny on a table and look at it at eye level.
(b) Place a penny on a table and stand it on one end.
(c) Place a penny on a table.
(d) Place a penny on a table and look at it from above.
3. What class is most likely to marry a woman with irregular ancestry?
4. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Face their husbands
(b) Never leave their apartments
(c) Never leave the house
(d) Never speak to their husbands
5. Why were women in support of the bill?
(a) They believed it would make them more intelligent.
(b) They believed it would make them more attractive.
(c) Their status would increase.
(d) They wanted style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Equilateral triangle look like in Flatland?
2. What class does the Equilateral triangle represent?
3. The second law for women is:
4. What is the third form of recognition in Flatland?
5. To what does the author compare Flatland?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)