Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Of the Doctrines of our Priests.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is customary for women in upper class homes to do at all times?
(a) Never leave the house
(b) Never speak to their husbands
(c) Never leave their apartments
(d) Face their husbands
2. What happens to a man who "runs against" a woman?
(a) He is put into prison.
(b) He immediately kills her.
(c) He falls in love instantly.
(d) He is killed immediately.
3. What do inhabitants of Flatland see?
(a) Triangles and Squares
(d) Straight lines
4. Why does the State believe that aristocratic children who fail exams should be killed?
(a) They are less intelligent.
(b) They breed with one another and give birth to irregulars.
(c) They cannot work.
(d) They cannot have children.
5. What adverse effect did the new wave of color have?
(a) There was a decline in intellectual pursuit.
(b) There was a decline in reproduction.
(c) There was an increase in crime.
(d) There was an increase in mortality rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows this method to be possible?
2. What is the primary focus of priests?
3. Where are readers assumed to live?
4. Why does the author call the land he writes about Flatland?
5. What happens to a line as it gets further away in Flatland?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)