1. In what year was Flatland written?
2. What was Edwin Abbott's occupation?
3. What was Edwin Abbott's field of interest?
(d) Social Relations
4. What does Hoffman say is the fourth dimension?
5. According to Hoffman, what is the goal of the novel?
(a) To entertain
(b) To waste time
(c) To prove the fourth dimension
(d) To instruct
6. What were Edwin Abbott's primary interests?
(a) Literature and social sciences
(b) Literature and theology
(c) Literature and mathematics
(d) Literature and physics
7. Under what name was Flatland originally published?
(a) A. Square
(b) John Smith
(c) Edwin Abbott
(d) B. Triangle
8. What theory had Einstein not yet developed by the time Flatland was published?
(a) The theory of relativity
(b) The theory of time and space
(c) The theory of the fourth dimension
(d) The theory of movement
9. What does Hoffman say about the first three dimensions?
(a) They are stable.
(b) They are temporal.
(c) They are unstable.
(d) They are spatial.
This section contains 4,661 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)