|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the most popular genres to emerge from Japan's film industry?
2. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
3. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
4. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
5. In what year did the Production Code become obsolete?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
2. Discuss Method acting.
3. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
4. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
5. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
6. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
7. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
8. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
9. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
10. How did television damage the film industry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the effects of television on the film industry.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the economy determine and depend upon the successes of the film industry in both war and peace time?
Essay Topic 3
How did cinema both aid and depict the struggles for equal rights in America?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)