|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the most popular genres to emerge from Japan's film industry?
2. Who replaced Czechoslovakia's government, obliterating their film industry?
3. What was significant about cinema in education in the 1970s?
4. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
5. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
2. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
3. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
4. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
5. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
6. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
7. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
8. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
9. Discuss Method acting.
10. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the blockbuster change the film industry forever in 1975? In what ways did the early blockbusters differ from the later ones? How did these tie into the film industry's need to pair up with commercial conglomerates for financial and marketing purposes?
Essay Topic 2
How did the inclusion of violence and sexual content change over the years of the film industry's existence? How did the allowance vary from country to country? In what ways did these restrictions (or lack thereof) reveal the cultural divide between different countries?
Essay Topic 3
How did greed help shape Hollywood? In what ways did Eli Whitney and the Patent Company set the standard business model in Hollywood with the strict purpose of making more money?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)