|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the World War II, what types of films did the governments in Europe support?
2. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
3. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
4. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
5. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
2. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
3. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
4. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
5. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
6. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
7. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
8. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
9. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
10. What was the New Wave movement in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were David Wark Griffith's main contributions to the early cinema? In what ways are his contributions overshadowed by the content of his films? Should these be factors in considering the achievements wrought by his work?
Essay Topic 2
How did the blockbuster change the film industry forever in 1975? In what ways did the early blockbusters differ from the later ones? How did these tie into the film industry's need to pair up with commercial conglomerates for financial and marketing purposes?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the obstacles and dangers faced by filmmakers who haled from the film industries of the Third World and in Islamic cinema?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)