Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
2. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
3. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
4. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
5. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the rise of Latin American and Irish cinema in the last years of the twentieth century and the first years of the new millennium.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Hollywood establish itself as a vital aspect of the American people during times of great turmoil? What does this suggest about the audience's need for escapism and reassurance? How did Hollywood help the country psychologically heal itself during the Great Depression?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)