|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
2. Why did 1950s allow independent filmmakers in America to practice their craft more openly?
3. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
4. What hysterical fear threatened artists in the film industry?
5. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did greed help shape Hollywood? In what ways did Eli Whitney and the Patent Company set the standard business model in Hollywood with the strict purpose of making more money?
Essay Topic 2
How did the blockbuster change the film industry forever in 1975? In what ways did the early blockbusters differ from the later ones? How did these tie into the film industry's need to pair up with commercial conglomerates for financial and marketing purposes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of censorship in the film industry.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)