|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
2. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
3. What event in the sixties shifted the American film industry's focus?
4. What political event helped shape American cinema in the 1970s?
5. What was Italian director Luchino Visconti's title in his home country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
2. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
3. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
4. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
5. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
6. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
7. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
8. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
9. What was the New Wave movement in France?
10. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the economy determine and depend upon the successes of the film industry in both war and peace time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different European film movements and effects on the industries of different countries.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the rise of Latin American and Irish cinema in the last years of the twentieth century and the first years of the new millennium.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)