|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men was not one of the major producers in the 1950s American film industry?
2. During the 1960s in Hollywood, what was the main focus in the industry's mainstream films?
3. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
4. Which of the following was not one of the major national movements in America during the 1970s?
5. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
2. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
3. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
4. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
5. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
6. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
7. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
8. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
9. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
10. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the French New Wave movement affect cinema in different countries and in different eras?
Essay Topic 2
How did cinema both aid and depict the struggles for equal rights in America?
Essay Topic 3
How did the politics of the Third World countries try to prevent the film industries from growing? Discuss the difficulties and dangers the filmmakers would encounter, as well as the issues they had with marketing the film to an international audience.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)