|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the obliteration of the Production Code in the sixties, what type of films became popular in the seventies?
2. What is the other term for the Angry Young Man movement?
3. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
4. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
5. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
Essay Topic 2
How did the French New Wave movement affect cinema in different countries and in different eras?
Essay Topic 3
How did the inclusion of violence and sexual content change over the years of the film industry's existence? How did the allowance vary from country to country? In what ways did these restrictions (or lack thereof) reveal the cultural divide between different countries?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)