|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of of the following was not one of the associate companies of the commercial conglomerates that helped keep the American film industry from floundering in the sixties?
2. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
3. What is the other term for the Angry Young Man movement?
4. What became the new standard screen ratio for films in the 1950s?
5. What popular American film from the eighties was one of the most successful mixes of both animation and live action?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the economy determine and depend upon the successes of the film industry in both war and peace time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the effects of television on the film industry.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)