|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was encouraged by the New Wave filmmakers?
2. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
3. What declined per America's changing tastes and desire for more sophisticated films in the 1950s?
4. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
5. What technological advance helped revolutionize cinema and the film-going experience?
Essay Topic 1
How did greed help shape Hollywood? In what ways did Eli Whitney and the Patent Company set the standard business model in Hollywood with the strict purpose of making more money?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
Essay Topic 3
How did the inclusion of violence and sexual content change over the years of the film industry's existence? How did the allowance vary from country to country? In what ways did these restrictions (or lack thereof) reveal the cultural divide between different countries?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)