|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what were the greatest works of entertainment in Britain focused in the seventies?
2. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
3. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
4. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
5. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
2. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
3. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
4. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
5. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
6. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
7. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
8. How did television damage the film industry?
9. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
10. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the social revolution of the sixties change the American film industry?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of censorship in the film industry.
Essay Topic 3
How did the inclusion of violence and sexual content change over the years of the film industry's existence? How did the allowance vary from country to country? In what ways did these restrictions (or lack thereof) reveal the cultural divide between different countries?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)