|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the obliteration of the Production Code in the sixties, what type of films became popular in the seventies?
2. What is the other term for the Angry Young Man movement?
3. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
4. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
5. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
Essay Topic 1
How did Europe's film industries recover from World War II? How were their recoveries helped or hampered by the Soviet Union? In what ways were these recoveries indicative of the culture of that country?
Essay Topic 2
How did greed help shape Hollywood? In what ways did Eli Whitney and the Patent Company set the standard business model in Hollywood with the strict purpose of making more money?
Essay Topic 3
How did the blockbuster change the film industry forever in 1975? In what ways did the early blockbusters differ from the later ones? How did these tie into the film industry's need to pair up with commercial conglomerates for financial and marketing purposes?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)