|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement is credited with the influx of women in positions of power in the film industry?
2. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
3. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
4. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
5. Which of the following was not one of the major national movements in America during the 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the New Wave movement in France?
2. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
3. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
4. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
5. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
6. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
7. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
8. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
9. How did television damage the film industry?
10. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the social revolution of the sixties change the American film industry?
Essay Topic 2
How did Europe's film industries recover from World War II? How were their recoveries helped or hampered by the Soviet Union? In what ways were these recoveries indicative of the culture of that country?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)