|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In France's New Wave, filmmakers experimented with mixing _____.
2. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
3. Which of the following was not one of the experiments conducted by film studios in the 1950s in order to change the size of their screens?
4. What was the name of the period in England from 1963 to 1970?
5. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
2. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
3. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
4. What was the New Wave movement in France?
5. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
6. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
7. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
8. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
9. Discuss Method acting.
10. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the social revolution of the sixties change the American film industry?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the obstacles and dangers faced by filmmakers who haled from the film industries of the Third World and in Islamic cinema?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different European film movements and effects on the industries of different countries.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)