|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
2. Which Eastern European country became a strong force in the international film community in the sixties?
3. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
4. In what year was the Production Code revised in the decade following World War II?
5. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
2. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
3. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
4. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
5. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
6. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
7. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
8. What was the New Wave movement in France?
9. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
10. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did films meld both science and creativity together? In what ways was this the overall goal of the Film D'Art? What does this suggest about the technological advances in Hollywood throughout film's history?
Essay Topic 2
What were David Wark Griffith's main contributions to the early cinema? In what ways are his contributions overshadowed by the content of his films? Should these be factors in considering the achievements wrought by his work?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different European film movements and effects on the industries of different countries.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)