|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
2. When Britain began to focus on literary and theatrical stage adaptations for their film industry in the years surrounding World War II, what renowned actor became particularly lauded for his work in this area?
3. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
4. What was the name of the period in England from 1963 to 1970?
5. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
2. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
3. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
4. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
5. Discuss Method acting.
6. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
7. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
8. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
9. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
10. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of censorship in the film industry.
Essay Topic 3
How did the French New Wave movement affect cinema in different countries and in different eras?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)