|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what were the greatest works of entertainment in Britain focused in the seventies?
2. Low-budget films that had the look of home movies were not popular in which of the following countries?
3. What was the name of France's sudden revitalization in their film industry in the 1950s?
4. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
5. What was Italian director Luchino Visconti's title in his home country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
2. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
3. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
4. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
5. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
6. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
7. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
8. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
9. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
10. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
Essay Topic 2
How did the politics of the Third World countries try to prevent the film industries from growing? Discuss the difficulties and dangers the filmmakers would encounter, as well as the issues they had with marketing the film to an international audience.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the rise of Latin American and Irish cinema in the last years of the twentieth century and the first years of the new millennium.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)