|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the experiments conducted by film studios in the 1950s in order to change the size of their screens?
2. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
3. What was significant about cinema in education in the 1970s?
4. Which of the following men was not one of the major producers in the 1950s American film industry?
5. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
2. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
3. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
4. How did television damage the film industry?
5. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
6. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
7. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
8. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
9. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
10. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did cinema both aid and depict the struggles for equal rights in America?
Essay Topic 2
How did the French New Wave movement affect cinema in different countries and in different eras?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different European film movements and effects on the industries of different countries.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)