|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
2. Post-World War II, who was Italy's most prominent director?
3. Why did 1950s allow independent filmmakers in America to practice their craft more openly?
4. Which Eastern European country became a strong force in the international film community in the sixties?
5. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
2. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
3. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
4. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
5. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
6. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
7. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
8. What was the New Wave movement in France?
9. Discuss Method acting.
10. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the economy determine and depend upon the successes of the film industry in both war and peace time?
Essay Topic 2
How did cinema both aid and depict the struggles for equal rights in America?
Essay Topic 3
How did greed help shape Hollywood? In what ways did Eli Whitney and the Patent Company set the standard business model in Hollywood with the strict purpose of making more money?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)