|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
2. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
3. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
4. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
5. What technological advance helped revolutionize cinema and the film-going experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
2. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
3. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
4. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
5. Discuss Method acting.
6. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
7. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
8. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
9. What was the New Wave movement in France?
10. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did greed help shape Hollywood? In what ways did Eli Whitney and the Patent Company set the standard business model in Hollywood with the strict purpose of making more money?
Essay Topic 2
How did the blockbuster change the film industry forever in 1975? In what ways did the early blockbusters differ from the later ones? How did these tie into the film industry's need to pair up with commercial conglomerates for financial and marketing purposes?
Essay Topic 3
How did films meld both science and creativity together? In what ways was this the overall goal of the Film D'Art? What does this suggest about the technological advances in Hollywood throughout film's history?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)