|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Eastern European country became a strong force in the international film community in the sixties?
2. Which of the following was not one of the major national movements in America during the 1970s?
3. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
(a) Diane Kurys.
(b) Lena Wertmuller.
(c) Valeria Patroni.
(d) Lucia de Talita.
4. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
(b) Severe ennui.
(c) Conscientious objectors.
5. What declined per America's changing tastes and desire for more sophisticated films in the 1950s?
(a) Star power.
(b) Story lines.
(d) Independent films.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
2. What was the name of the period in England from 1963 to 1970?
3. How did the end of the Vietnam War affect the content of American films?
4. Which of the following men was not one of the major producers in the 1950s American film industry?
5. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
2. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
3. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
4. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
5. What was the New Wave movement in France?
6. How did television damage the film industry?
7. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
8. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
9. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
10. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)