|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following directors was not one the greats in 1940s Italy?
(a) Cesare Zavattini.
(b) Roberto Rossellini.
(c) Vincent Minnelli.
(d) Vittorio de Sica.
2. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
(b) United States.
3. What was encouraged by the New Wave filmmakers?
(b) Song and dance.
4. What hysterical fear threatened artists in the film industry?
(a) Women's liberation.
5. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
(b) Conscientious objectors.
(d) Severe ennui.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement is credited with the influx of women in positions of power in the film industry?
2. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
3. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
4. What became the focus of American cinema in the seventies?
5. What British comedy troupe had a cinematic bright spot for their country's struggling film industry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
2. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
3. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
4. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
5. How did television damage the film industry?
6. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
7. What was the New Wave movement in France?
8. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
9. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
10. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)