|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In France's New Wave, filmmakers experimented with mixing _____.
(b) Location shoots.
2. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
(a) Massive financial gains.
(b) Several loans were received from the government.
(c) Foreign investors took an interest and guaranteed massive kick-backs.
(d) Heavy financial losses.
3. Which of of the following was not one of the associate companies of the commercial conglomerates that helped keep the American film industry from floundering in the sixties?
4. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
5. Which of the following was not one of the most popular genres to emerge from Japan's film industry?
(a) Historical romance.
(b) Science fiction.
(d) Samurai films.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the comedic French director that rose to prominence in the 1950s?
2. What declined per America's changing tastes and desire for more sophisticated films in the 1950s?
3. What genre of film became particularly popular in the early seventies?
4. What was the name of the period in England from 1963 to 1970?
5. Which of the following was not one of the experiments conducted by film studios in the 1950s in order to change the size of their screens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
2. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
3. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
4. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
5. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
6. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
7. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
8. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
9. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
10. What was the New Wave movement in France?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)