|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of France's sudden revitalization in their film industry in the 1950s?
(a) Cinema Noir.
(b) Film du Prince.
(c) New Wave.
(d) Golden Era.
2. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
3. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
(a) Lucia de Talita.
(b) Diane Kurys.
(c) Lena Wertmuller.
(d) Valeria Patroni.
4. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
(a) Correcting Nazi propaganda.
(b) Entertainment for the masses.
(c) Asking other countries for help.
(d) Promoting the country's worth.
5. Which of the following was not one of the most respected Japanese directors from the post-World War II era?
(a) Toshiro Mifune.
(b) Kenji Mizoguchi.
(c) Yasujiro Ozu.
(d) Akira Kurosawa.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Britain began to focus on literary and theatrical stage adaptations for their film industry in the years surrounding World War II, what renowned actor became particularly lauded for his work in this area?
2. How did the end of the Vietnam War affect the content of American films?
3. What popular American film from the eighties was one of the most successful mixes of both animation and live action?
4. During the 1960s in Hollywood, what was the main focus in the industry's mainstream films?
5. What event in the sixties shifted the American film industry's focus?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
2. What was the New Wave movement in France?
3. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
4. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
5. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
6. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
7. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
8. Discuss Method acting.
9. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
10. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)