|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which decade is considered the beginning of Japan's Golden Age in cinema?
(a) The seventies.
(b) The sixites.
(c) The forties.
(d) The fifties.
2. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
(a) Ingmar Bergman.
(b) Fouad Said.
(c) David Lynch.
(d) Alfred Hitchcock.
3. Why did 1950s allow independent filmmakers in America to practice their craft more openly?
(a) Underground artists became mainstream.
(b) Many directors quit the industry after the war.
(c) Film audiences went to television.
(d) The war forced studios to allow low-budget films to flourish.
4. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
(a) Entertainment for the masses.
(b) Asking other countries for help.
(c) Correcting Nazi propaganda.
(d) Promoting the country's worth.
5. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the obliteration of the Production Code in the sixties, what type of films became popular in the seventies?
2. Which Eastern European country became a strong force in the international film community in the sixties?
3. Which of the following was not one of the most respected Japanese directors from the post-World War II era?
4. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
5. What political event helped shape American cinema in the 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
2. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
3. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
4. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
5. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
6. Discuss Method acting.
7. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
8. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
9. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
10. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)