|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
(c) Historical accuracy.
2. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
(a) Entertainment for the masses.
(b) Correcting Nazi propaganda.
(c) Promoting the country's worth.
(d) Asking other countries for help.
3. During the 1960s in Hollywood, what was the main focus in the industry's mainstream films?
(b) International relations.
(c) Political awareness.
4. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
(c) Eastern Europe.
(d) Southern Japan.
5. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
(a) Massive financial gains.
(b) Several loans were received from the government.
(c) Heavy financial losses.
(d) Foreign investors took an interest and guaranteed massive kick-backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the obliteration of the Production Code in the sixties, what type of films became popular in the seventies?
2. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
3. Who replaced Czechoslovakia's government, obliterating their film industry?
4. In what year was the Production Code revised in the decade following World War II?
5. In the seventies, upon what did German cinema begin to reflect?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
2. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
3. How did television damage the film industry?
4. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
5. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
6. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
7. What was the New Wave movement in France?
8. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
9. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
10. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)