|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
(a) They cut back on the amount of films made.
(b) Lower budget movies were promoted in the biggest studios.
(c) They invested heavily in Wall Street.
(d) Salaries of the technical designers were cut.
2. In France's New Wave, filmmakers experimented with mixing _____.
(c) Location shoots.
3. What became the new standard screen ratio for films in the 1950s?
(a) 21 to 5.
(b) 16 to 3.
(c) 2.15 to 1.
(d) 1.85 to 1.
4. What genre of film became particularly popular in the early seventies?
(d) Screwball comedy.
5. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
(a) Prague Spring.
(b) Kafka's Moment.
(c) Long-Haired Freaks.
(d) Neo-Classical Revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following directors was not one the greats in 1940s Italy?
2. In what year did the Production Code become obsolete?
3. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
4. During the World War II, what types of films did the governments in Europe support?
5. What was the focus of Italy's films in the years around World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
2. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
3. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
4. What was the New Wave movement in France?
5. Discuss Method acting.
6. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
7. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
8. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
9. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
10. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)