|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reasons did filmmakers simplify camera work in the 1980s?
(a) Eastern European cinematographers influenced American filmmakers.
(b) They lost their technical budgets.
(c) They were shooting a film that would translate well onto televisions.
(d) Several movie theaters shut down.
2. What was the focus of Italy's films in the years around World War II?
(a) Theatrical adaptations.
3. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
4. In France's New Wave, filmmakers experimented with mixing _____.
(c) Location shoots.
5. Which of the following was not one of the major national movements in America during the 1970s?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
2. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
3. Which of the following was not one of the most respected Japanese directors from the post-World War II era?
4. What declined per America's changing tastes and desire for more sophisticated films in the 1950s?
5. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Method acting.
2. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
3. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
4. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
5. What was the New Wave movement in France?
6. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
7. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
8. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
9. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
10. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)