|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the comedic French director that rose to prominence in the 1950s?
(a) Vincente Augois.
(b) Jacques Tati.
(c) Robert Bresson.
(d) Luc Besson.
2. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
3. Who replaced Czechoslovakia's government, obliterating their film industry?
(a) United States.
(b) Northern Africa.
(c) Soviet Union.
4. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
(a) Long-Haired Freaks.
(b) Kafka's Moment.
(c) Prague Spring.
(d) Neo-Classical Revenge.
5. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
(a) "Les Liaisons Dangerouse."
(b) "No Exit."
(c) "La Cage aux Folles."
(d) "Madame Bovary."
Short Answer Questions
1. As the studio system rose again in the 1980s, what area suffered?
2. Which of the following was not one of the main focuses of American cinema in the 1980s?
3. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
4. What was significant about cinema in education in the 1970s?
5. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
2. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
3. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
4. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
5. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
6. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
7. What was the New Wave movement in France?
8. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
9. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
10. Discuss Method acting.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)