|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the end of the Vietnam War affect the content of American films?
(a) Audiences demanded less censorship.
(b) Audiences demanded more widespread diversity within the industry.
(c) Audiences began to look more for "traditional values" again.
(d) Audience attendance in movie theaters declined, allowing the industry to experiment more.
2. Which decade is considered the beginning of Japan's Golden Age in cinema?
(a) The fifties.
(b) The sixites.
(c) The forties.
(d) The seventies.
3. When Britain began to focus on literary and theatrical stage adaptations for their film industry in the years surrounding World War II, what renowned actor became particularly lauded for his work in this area?
(a) Alfred Hitchcock.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Peter Sellers.
(d) Laurence Olivier.
4. Low-budget films that had the look of home movies were not popular in which of the following countries?
(d) United States.
5. Which of the following was not one of the experiments conducted by film studios in the 1950s in order to change the size of their screens?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
2. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
3. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
4. As the studio system rose again in the 1980s, what area suffered?
5. What movement is credited with the influx of women in positions of power in the film industry?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)