|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
(a) Conscientious objectors.
(c) Severe ennui.
2. Which of of the following was not one of the associate companies of the commercial conglomerates that helped keep the American film industry from floundering in the sixties?
3. What popular American film from the eighties was one of the most successful mixes of both animation and live action?
(a) "Fritz the Cat."
(b) "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."
(c) "Cool World."
4. Why did 1950s allow independent filmmakers in America to practice their craft more openly?
(a) Film audiences went to television.
(b) The war forced studios to allow low-budget films to flourish.
(c) Underground artists became mainstream.
(d) Many directors quit the industry after the war.
5. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country nearly wiped out the French film industry after World War II?
2. What movement is credited with the influx of women in positions of power in the film industry?
3. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
4. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
5. In France's New Wave, filmmakers experimented with mixing _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
2. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
3. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
4. How did television damage the film industry?
5. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
6. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
7. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
8. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
9. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
10. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)