|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
(a) The lives of the very poor.
(b) The lives of the young.
(c) The lives of the rich.
(d) The lives of foreign nationals.
2. Which of the following was not one of the most popular genres to emerge from Japan's film industry?
(a) Samurai films.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Historical romance.
3. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
4. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
(a) Southern Japan.
(d) Eastern Europe.
5. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Production Code revised in the decade following World War II?
2. When Britain began to focus on literary and theatrical stage adaptations for their film industry in the years surrounding World War II, what renowned actor became particularly lauded for his work in this area?
3. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
4. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
5. What was significant about cinema in education in the 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
2. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
3. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
4. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
5. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
6. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
7. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
8. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
9. What was the New Wave movement in France?
10. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)