|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
(a) "La Cage aux Folles."
(b) "No Exit."
(c) "Madame Bovary."
(d) "Les Liaisons Dangerouse."
2. What event in the sixties shifted the American film industry's focus?
(a) Death of Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Deaths of the Kennedy brothers.
(d) Vietnam War.
3. Which decade is considered the beginning of Japan's Golden Age in cinema?
(a) The forties.
(b) The sixites.
(c) The fifties.
(d) The seventies.
4. What was significant about the marketing tactics of the American film studios in the eighties?
(a) Stars were marketed aggressively.
(b) Patriotism was emphasized.
(c) Trailer editing rose as an art form.
(d) Youth was repeatedly pushed aside.
5. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
(a) They cut back on the amount of films made.
(b) Salaries of the technical designers were cut.
(c) Lower budget movies were promoted in the biggest studios.
(d) They invested heavily in Wall Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the major national movements in America during the 1970s?
2. As the studio system rose again in the 1980s, what area suffered?
3. In the seventies, upon what did German cinema begin to reflect?
4. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
5. In France's New Wave, filmmakers experimented with mixing _____.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)