|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
2. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
(c) Historical accuracy.
3. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
(b) Conscientious objectors.
(d) Severe ennui.
4. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
(a) Heavy financial losses.
(b) Massive financial gains.
(c) Foreign investors took an interest and guaranteed massive kick-backs.
(d) Several loans were received from the government.
5. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
(a) "Madame Bovary."
(b) "La Cage aux Folles."
(c) "Les Liaisons Dangerouse."
(d) "No Exit."
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
2. Which of the following directors was not one the greats in 1940s Italy?
3. What technological advance helped revolutionize cinema and the film-going experience?
4. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
5. When Britain began to focus on literary and theatrical stage adaptations for their film industry in the years surrounding World War II, what renowned actor became particularly lauded for his work in this area?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
2. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
3. What was the New Wave movement in France?
4. How did television damage the film industry?
5. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
6. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
7. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
8. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
9. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
10. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)