|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
2. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
3. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
(a) Russian nationalism.
(b) Historical dramas.
(d) Sweeping epics.
4. Which decade is considered the beginning of Japan's Golden Age in cinema?
(a) The fifties.
(b) The sixites.
(c) The seventies.
(d) The forties.
5. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
(a) Heavy financial losses.
(b) Massive financial gains.
(c) Several loans were received from the government.
(d) Foreign investors took an interest and guaranteed massive kick-backs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
2. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
3. Which of the following was not one of the most popular genres to emerge from Japan's film industry?
4. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
5. What event in the sixties shifted the American film industry's focus?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)