|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
2. Which of the following was not one of the experiments conducted by film studios in the 1950s in order to change the size of their screens?
3. Which Eastern European country became a strong force in the international film community in the sixties?
4. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
5. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
(a) The lives of the very poor.
(b) The lives of the young.
(c) The lives of foreign nationals.
(d) The lives of the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
2. For what reasons did filmmakers simplify camera work in the 1980s?
3. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
4. Post-World War II, who was Italy's most prominent director?
5. What event in the sixties shifted the American film industry's focus?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
2. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
3. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
4. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
5. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
6. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
7. Discuss Method acting.
8. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
9. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
10. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)