|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
2. What movement is credited with the influx of women in positions of power in the film industry?
(b) Anti-censorship lobbying.
(c) Immigration rights.
(d) Civil rights.
3. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
(a) Entertainment for the masses.
(b) Promoting the country's worth.
(c) Asking other countries for help.
(d) Correcting Nazi propaganda.
4. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
(a) "Les Liaisons Dangerouse."
(b) "No Exit."
(c) "La Cage aux Folles."
(d) "Madame Bovary."
5. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
(a) Diane Kurys.
(b) Lena Wertmuller.
(c) Lucia de Talita.
(d) Valeria Patroni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
2. Who was the comedic French director that rose to prominence in the 1950s?
3. In what year did the Production Code become obsolete?
4. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
5. What was significant about the marketing tactics of the American film studios in the eighties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
2. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
3. In the 1970s, how did West Germany start to address their role in World War II?
4. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
5. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
6. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
7. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
8. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
9. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
10. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)