|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
2. What was encouraged by the New Wave filmmakers?
(a) Song and dance.
3. What political event helped shape American cinema in the 1970s?
(a) The fall of the Berlin Wall.
(b) Ollie North's resignation.
(c) Kennedy assassination.
4. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
(a) Massive financial gains.
(b) Heavy financial losses.
(c) Foreign investors took an interest and guaranteed massive kick-backs.
(d) Several loans were received from the government.
5. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Low-budget films that had the look of home movies were not popular in which of the following countries?
2. During the early seventies in America cinema, which of the following was not one of the main themes explored?
3. What movement is credited with the influx of women in positions of power in the film industry?
4. Who was the comedic French director that rose to prominence in the 1950s?
5. Which decade is considered the beginning of Japan's Golden Age in cinema?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
2. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
3. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
4. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
5. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
6. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
7. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
8. What was the New Wave movement in France?
9. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
10. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)