|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was encouraged by the New Wave filmmakers?
(b) Song and dance.
2. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
(c) North America.
(d) South America.
3. What was the focus of Italy's films in the years around World War II?
(a) Theatrical adaptations.
4. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
(a) Japanese directors managed to film exclusively outside of their country.
(b) Japanese films dealt strictly in historical events.
(c) Japanese films were veiled propaganda for the government.
(d) Japanese films were naturally conservative.
5. Which of the following directors was not one the greats in 1940s Italy?
(a) Vincent Minnelli.
(b) Cesare Zavattini.
(c) Roberto Rossellini.
(d) Vittorio de Sica.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
2. For what reasons did filmmakers simplify camera work in the 1980s?
3. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
4. What was France's main big screen hit in the 1970s?
5. What was significant about the marketing tactics of the American film studios in the eighties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
2. How did the Soviet Union change Czechoslovakia's film industry in the 1960s?
3. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
4. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
5. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
6. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
7. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
8. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
9. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
10. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)