|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what were the greatest works of entertainment in Britain focused in the seventies?
(c) Art galleries.
2. In the seventies, upon what did German cinema begin to reflect?
(a) Nazi era.
(b) Sexuality in youth.
(c) Pop culture.
(d) Brechtian principles.
3. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
(a) The lives of the rich.
(b) The lives of the young.
(c) The lives of the very poor.
(d) The lives of foreign nationals.
4. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
(a) Southern Japan.
(c) Eastern Europe.
5. What became the focus of American cinema in the seventies?
(a) Character development.
(b) Music as a story-telling device.
(c) Historical accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
2. Which of of the following was not one of the associate companies of the commercial conglomerates that helped keep the American film industry from floundering in the sixties?
3. What was the name of the period in England from 1963 to 1970?
4. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
5. Who was the comedic French director that rose to prominence in the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
2. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
3. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
4. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
5. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
6. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
7. How did television damage the film industry?
8. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
9. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
10. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)