|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Post-World War II, who was Italy's most prominent director?
(a) Vittorio Rossellini.
(b) Lorenzo Trattoria.
(c) Federico Fellini.
(d) Ingmar Bergman.
2. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
3. During the 1960s in Hollywood, what was the main focus in the industry's mainstream films?
(c) Political awareness.
(d) International relations.
4. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
(a) The lives of foreign nationals.
(b) The lives of the young.
(c) The lives of the rich.
(d) The lives of the very poor.
5. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
(a) Diane Kurys.
(b) Lucia de Talita.
(c) Lena Wertmuller.
(d) Valeria Patroni.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Production Code become obsolete?
2. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
3. Which of the following was not one of the most popular genres to emerge from Japan's film industry?
4. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
5. What became the focus of American cinema in the seventies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
2. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
3. Why did Hollywood studios flourish in the 1980s?
4. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
5. Why was Japan's golden age in film able to thrive throughout the World War II and beyond, despite the political turmoil?
6. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
7. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
8. Describe Italian cinema during the 1940s.
9. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
10. How did television damage the film industry?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)