|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was significant about the marketing tactics of the American film studios in the eighties?
(a) Patriotism was emphasized.
(b) Youth was repeatedly pushed aside.
(c) Trailer editing rose as an art form.
(d) Stars were marketed aggressively.
2. What became the focus of American cinema in the seventies?
(a) Character development.
(c) Music as a story-telling device.
(d) Historical accuracy.
3. Low-budget films that had the look of home movies were not popular in which of the following countries?
(a) United States.
4. Which of of the following was not one of the associate companies of the commercial conglomerates that helped keep the American film industry from floundering in the sixties?
5. What British comedy troupe had a cinematic bright spot for their country's struggling film industry?
(a) Absolutely Fabulous.
(b) Kids in the Hall.
(c) Monty Python's Flying Circus.
(d) Are You Being Served?
Short Answer Questions
1. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
2. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
3. Which of the following was not one of the most respected Japanese directors from the post-World War II era?
4. In what year was the Production Code revised in the decade following World War II?
5. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)