|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Low-budget films that had the look of home movies were not popular in which of the following countries?
(d) United States.
2. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
3. What was Italian director Luchino Visconti's title in his home country?
(a) The Baron of Venice.
(b) The Baron of Sicily.
(c) The Duke of Conti.
(d) The Duke of Modrone.
4. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
5. As the studio system rose again in the 1980s, what area suffered?
(c) Independent films.
(d) Foreign films.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
2. What became the focus of American cinema in the seventies?
3. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
4. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
5. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)