|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
(a) Sweeping epics.
(b) Russian nationalism.
(d) Historical dramas.
2. What was the focus of Italy's films in the years around World War II?
(d) Theatrical adaptations.
3. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
4. During the early seventies in America cinema, which of the following was not one of the main themes explored?
(b) Sexual identities.
(c) Religious iconography.
(d) Corruption in public institutions.
5. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
(a) Lower budget movies were promoted in the biggest studios.
(b) They cut back on the amount of films made.
(c) Salaries of the technical designers were cut.
(d) They invested heavily in Wall Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
2. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
3. What was the name of France's sudden revitalization in their film industry in the 1950s?
4. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
5. Which of the following was not one of the main focuses of American cinema in the 1980s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
2. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
3. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
4. As the studios declined with the invention of the television, how did Americans' tastes in film subject begin to change?
5. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
6. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
7. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
8. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
9. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
10. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)