|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the period in England from 1963 to 1970?
(a) Overt Cockney.
(b) Angry Young Man movement.
(c) Sex Pistol's Penance.
(d) Swinging England.
2. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
3. What event in the sixties shifted the American film industry's focus?
(a) Deaths of the Kennedy brothers.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Death of Marilyn Monroe.
4. What was significant about the economy in American films during the early to mid-eighties?
(a) Several loans were received from the government.
(b) Foreign investors took an interest and guaranteed massive kick-backs.
(c) Heavy financial losses.
(d) Massive financial gains.
5. Low-budget films that had the look of home movies were not popular in which of the following countries?
(b) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the focus of Italy's films in the years around World War II?
2. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
3. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
4. Which of the following was not one of the most respected Japanese directors from the post-World War II era?
5. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did television damage the film industry?
2. What regulations changed in 1960s Hollywood, as well as technical advances?
3. How did the invention of the videocassette simplify camerawork?
4. Why was the French film industry nearly destroyed because of World War II?
5. What was the Third Cinema theater realism?
6. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
7. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
8. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
9. How did the New Wave movement from France affect American movie trends in the 1970s?
10. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)