|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
2. What was the name of the period in England from 1963 to 1970?
(a) Swinging England.
(b) Angry Young Man movement.
(c) Overt Cockney.
(d) Sex Pistol's Penance.
3. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
(a) Lucia de Talita.
(b) Valeria Patroni.
(c) Diane Kurys.
(d) Lena Wertmuller.
4. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
(a) They cut back on the amount of films made.
(b) Salaries of the technical designers were cut.
(c) Lower budget movies were promoted in the biggest studios.
(d) They invested heavily in Wall Street.
5. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
6. In what year did the Production Code become obsolete?
7. During the World War II, what types of films did the governments in Europe support?
(a) Sweeping epics.
(c) Escapist comedies.
(d) Historical dramas.
8. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
(b) Conscientious objectors.
(d) Severe ennui.
9. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
(a) South America.
(c) North America.
10. Which Eastern European country became a strong force in the international film community in the sixties?
11. In what year was the Production Code revised in the decade following World War II?
12. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
(b) Southern Japan.
(d) Eastern Europe.
13. What political event helped shape American cinema in the 1970s?
(a) Kennedy assassination.
(b) The fall of the Berlin Wall.
(c) Ollie North's resignation.
14. What event in the sixties shifted the American film industry's focus?
(a) Deaths of the Kennedy brothers.
(b) Death of Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
15. What became the new standard screen ratio for films in the 1950s?
(a) 2.15 to 1.
(b) 21 to 5.
(c) 16 to 3.
(d) 1.85 to 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular American film from the eighties was one of the most successful mixes of both animation and live action?
2. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
3. Which of the following was not one of the main focuses of American cinema in the 1980s?
4. Due to the obliteration of the Production Code in the sixties, what type of films became popular in the seventies?
5. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)