|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of France's sudden revitalization in their film industry in the 1950s?
(a) New Wave.
(b) Film du Prince.
(c) Golden Era.
(d) Cinema Noir.
2. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
3. What popular American film from the eighties was one of the most successful mixes of both animation and live action?
(a) "Fritz the Cat."
(b) "Cool World."
(d) "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."
4. During Japan's Golden Age in cinema, what country, previously considered a strong force in cinema, began to decline?
(d) United States.
5. Which of the following was not one of the most popular genres to emerge from Japan's film industry?
(a) Historical romance.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Samurai films.
6. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
(a) Japanese films dealt strictly in historical events.
(b) Japanese films were naturally conservative.
(c) Japanese films were veiled propaganda for the government.
(d) Japanese directors managed to film exclusively outside of their country.
7. What British comedy troupe had a cinematic bright spot for their country's struggling film industry?
(a) Are You Being Served?
(b) Monty Python's Flying Circus.
(c) Kids in the Hall.
(d) Absolutely Fabulous.
8. Who was the comedic French director that rose to prominence in the 1950s?
(a) Robert Bresson.
(b) Vincente Augois.
(c) Jacques Tati.
(d) Luc Besson.
9. Which of the following men was not one of the major producers in the 1950s American film industry?
(a) Billy Wilder.
(b) Fred Zinnemann.
(c) Alfred Hitchcock.
(d) Elia Kazan.
10. Which of the following was not one of the experiments conducted by film studios in the 1950s in order to change the size of their screens?
11. What hysterical fear threatened artists in the film industry?
(b) Women's liberation.
12. Upon what were the greatest works of entertainment in Britain focused in the seventies?
(b) Art galleries.
13. What is the other term for the Angry Young Man movement?
(a) Pinter Pause realism.
(b) Uprising Cockney.
(c) Kitchen Sink realism.
(d) Chekhovian absurdity.
14. What was the main focus in French cinema in the seventies?
15. What was the name of the cultural movement in Czechoslavakia during the sixties?
(a) Neo-Classical Revenge.
(b) Prague Spring.
(c) Long-Haired Freaks.
(d) Kafka's Moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
2. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
3. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
4. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
5. In America during the late 1960s, what was the general mood of the youth?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)