Short Answer Key
Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 1-4
1. From what year was a diary entry discovered as having discussed the beginnings of projections?
2. What animal did Eadward Muybridge photograph?
3. Through what did Jean Louis Meissonier project Muybridge's work?
4. What did Meissonier's conversion of Muybridge's photographs create?
An illusion of movement.
5. The Kinetoscope was developed by Thomas Edison and _______ _______.
6. Who helped Edison open a Kinetoscope parlor?
7. In what year did Edison help to open a Kinetoscope parlor?
8. What early realization helped films develop both special effects and story lines?
The films should be longer.
9. What group was formed in 1908 with the intention to further develop the Kinetoscope technology?
The Film D'Art.
10. In what era did early film begin to primarily grow?
11. What was the standard...
This section contains 2,822 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)