|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
2. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
3. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
(b) Sweeping epics.
(c) Russian nationalism.
(d) Historical dramas.
4. Which decade is considered the beginning of Japan's Golden Age in cinema?
(a) The fifties.
(b) The seventies.
(c) The forties.
(d) The sixites.
5. What became the focus of American cinema in the seventies?
(a) Character development.
(c) Music as a story-telling device.
(d) Historical accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
2. What group was formed in 1908 with the intention to further develop the Kinetoscope technology?
3. When Britain began to focus on literary and theatrical stage adaptations for their film industry in the years surrounding World War II, what renowned actor became particularly lauded for his work in this area?
4. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
5. Which of the following was not one of the main focuses of American cinema in the 1980s?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)