|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of France's sudden revitalization in their film industry in the 1950s?
(a) Golden Era.
(b) Cinema Noir.
(c) Film du Prince.
(d) New Wave.
2. Which of the following was not one of the major national movements in America during the 1970s?
3. During World War II, which director became known for his films that examined sex, greed, and the inherent sadism of humans?
(a) Alfred Hitchcock.
(b) John Huston.
(c) Orson Welles.
(d) Billy Wilder.
4. Which director from Germany became known for his films about history with injections of off-handed comedy?
(a) Fritz Lang.
(b) F.W. Murnau.
(c) Ernst Lubitsch.
(d) Sergei Einstein.
5. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular American film from the eighties was one of the most successful mixes of both animation and live action?
2. As studios struggled to find the balance between pragmatism and idealism in the early decades of the Golden Age, which of the following people was not one of the great directors to innovate filmmaking in this period?
3. In what year did Edison help to open a Kinetoscope parlor?
4. Which of the following comedians was not one of the silent film stars from the 1920s?
5. What did Griffith as a director discover that elevated films from being more than technical achievements?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)