|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genre of film became particularly popular in the early seventies?
(d) Screwball comedy.
2. What was significant about cinema in education in the 1970s?
(a) Universities opened up their own production companies for the students.
(b) Universities began offering film courses.
(c) Universities were mined for potential talent.
(d) Films were used as a teaching aid.
3. In Eastern Europe in the seventies, what topic was generally avoided in their cinema?
(a) Historical accuracy.
4. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
5. Which director, during America in the 1940s, became renowned for film adaptations of literature?
(a) John Huston.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Preston Sturges.
(d) Billy Wilder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what genre did RKO specialize during the Golden Age?
2. Which of the following was not one of the most respected Japanese directors from the post-World War II era?
3. What animal did Eadward Muybridge photograph?
4. What movement is credited with the influx of women in positions of power in the film industry?
5. During the 1960s in Hollywood, what was the main focus in the industry's mainstream films?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)