|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harry Langdon's film persona?
(a) The ladies' man.
(b) The swashbuckler.
(c) The tramp.
(d) The baby.
2. Which world-class, renowned filmmaker stayed made propaganda films for Hitler?
(a) Leni Reifenstahl.
(b) Max Ophuls.
(c) F.W. Murnau.
(d) Fritz Lang.
3. Which of the following was not one of the Little Three in the Golden Age of the Studio?
(d) United Artists.
4. What was the name of France's sudden revitalization in their film industry in the 1950s?
(a) Golden Era.
(b) Cinema Noir.
(c) New Wave.
(d) Film du Prince.
5. In what genre did RKO specialize during the Golden Age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the focus of Italy's films in the years around World War II?
2. What was the standard amount of time devoted to creating a picture during David Wark Griffith's development of film?
3. What visual effect did Abel Gance develop?
4. What fear arose about an audience's viewing experience as films grew longer?
5. In what year did Edison help to open a Kinetoscope parlor?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)