|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harry Langdon's film persona?
(a) The baby.
(b) The tramp.
(c) The ladies' man.
(d) The swashbuckler.
2. In what year was the Production Code revised in the decade following World War II?
3. As the studios bowed to pressure from outside groups during the Golden Age, what was one of the effects seen on the gangster movies?
(a) Women were not allowed behind the camera.
(b) Gangster films were banned.
(c) The films became morality tales.
(d) Violence was removed.
4. Post-World War II, who was Italy's most prominent director?
(a) Lorenzo Trattoria.
(b) Federico Fellini.
(c) Vittorio Rossellini.
(d) Ingmar Bergman.
5. During World War II, which director became known for his films that examined sex, greed, and the inherent sadism of humans?
(a) John Huston.
(b) Billy Wilder.
(c) Orson Welles.
(d) Alfred Hitchcock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following comedians was not one of the silent film stars from the 1920s?
2. What influenced the audience's desire for music and voices to be added to films?
3. What sort of films did Jean Cocteau create in France in the 1930s?
4. Which artist pushed the boundaries on sex and violence on film?
5. What was one of the biggest threats to the film industry in the 1930s?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)