|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was created in order to satisfy the demands of the Catholic Church (among others) in the 1930s?
(a) Hayes Code.
(c) Production Code.
(d) Decency Council.
2. Who helped Edison open a Kinetoscope parlor?
(a) William Dickson.
(b) Norman Raff.
(c) Eadward Muybridge.
(d) Jean Louis Meissonier.
3. What sort of films did Jean Cocteau create in France in the 1930s?
(a) Period dramas.
4. In what decade were silent films perfected?
5. What fear arose about an audience's viewing experience as films grew longer?
(a) It would be harder to follow the plot.
(b) They would dislike the actors.
(c) They would start getting bored.
(d) They would demand their money back.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Kinetoscope was developed by Thomas Edison and _______ _______.
2. Why did the independent filmmakers head for California while the Patent Company existed?
3. What group was formed in 1908 with the intention to further develop the Kinetoscope technology?
4. As the studios bowed to pressure from outside groups during the Golden Age, what was one of the effects seen on the gangster movies?
5. Which of the following words can be used to describe the films that were produced during the early years of the Golden Age?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)