|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what era did early film begin to primarily grow?
(a) Silent Era.
(b) Golden Era.
(c) Moving Era.
(d) Nickelodean Era.
2. What was Harold Lloyd's trademark?
3. Which of the following words can be used to describe the films that were produced during the early years of the Golden Age?
(c) Socially aware.
4. Which director became renowned for his use of long takes to evoke a darker mood?
(a) Lev Kuleshov.
(b) Enst Lubitsch.
(c) F.W. Murnau.
(d) Fritz Lang.
5. Which of the following was not one of the main focuses of the film-making committees in the Golden Age of the Studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the newly-heard dialogue in the Golden Age made audiences uneasy?
2. In the first several decades of the film industry, European films focused on the artists, while American films focused on the _______.
3. What animal did Eadward Muybridge photograph?
4. What style of art influenced Alfred Hitchcock the most, particularly in his early work?
5. Which director from Germany became known for his films about history with injections of off-handed comedy?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)