|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which world-class, renowned filmmaker stayed made propaganda films for Hitler?
(a) F.W. Murnau.
(b) Max Ophuls.
(c) Leni Reifenstahl.
(d) Fritz Lang.
2. The two main regions involved in film production before the move to California were New York and _________.
(d) New Jersey.
3. What did Griffith as a director discover that elevated films from being more than technical achievements?
(a) Talented actors.
(b) Prohibition forced people into the theaters.
(c) Special effects and lighting.
4. What studio did William Fox and Carl Laemmle eventually form?
5. What influenced the audience's desire for music and voices to be added to films?
(b) Charlie Chaplin's singing voice.
(c) The terrible quality of the live music provided for the film.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Edison help to open a Kinetoscope parlor?
2. For what company did Griffith work?
3. During the early days of World War II, why did Britain have trouble maintaining their film industry?
4. Which director became renowned for his use of long takes to evoke a darker mood?
5. What visual effect did Abel Gance develop?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)