|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what style did the French produce their films?
2. After what major event did film gain popularity in the USSR?
(a) Russian Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) Death of Rasputin.
(d) World War I.
3. What was Harry Langdon's film persona?
(a) The swashbuckler.
(b) The ladies' man.
(c) The baby.
(d) The tramp.
4. The two main regions involved in film production before the move to California were New York and _________.
(b) New Jersey.
5. In what year did Edison help to open a Kinetoscope parlor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What technological breakthrough hurt the film industry in America?
2. What sort of documentaries dominated the filmmaking business in America in the 1940s?
3. In what era did early film begin to primarily grow?
4. The Kinetoscope was developed by Thomas Edison and _______ _______.
5. What percentage of the American film industry's gross profits came from Great Britain in the early years of the industry?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)