|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company became renowned for their animation in the early years of World War II?
(d) Warner Bros.
2. Which of the following comedians was not one of the silent film stars from the 1920s?
(a) Lou Costello.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Buster Keaton.
(d) Harold Lloyd.
3. With what film technique did European filmmakers begin experimenting?
(b) Special effects.
4. Which of the following was not one of the Little Three in the Golden Age of the Studio?
(a) United Artists.
5. From what year was a diary entry discovered as having discussed the beginnings of projections?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the only restrictions placed on directors in the 1920s?
2. When American films began to include sound (particularly dialogue), what sound effect uncomfortably highlighted the violence in most movies?
3. For what company did Griffith work?
4. What fear arose about an audience's viewing experience as films grew longer?
5. What technological breakthrough hurt the film industry in America?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)