|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what is one topic the two men do NOT discuss?
(c) The power of gossip.
2. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
(a) A knife.
(b) A needle.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A spoon.
3. How many times does Yakov's new attorney visit him in prison?
4. Whose death does Yakov tell his new attorney about?
(a) Bibikov's death.
(b) Shmuel's death.
(c) Zhenia's death.
(d) Zhitnyak's death.
5. Since he no longer is keeping track of the days, what does Yakov spend his time doing?
(a) Re-reading his New Testament pages.
(b) Re-reading his Old Testament pages.
(c) Re-reading his Jewish dogma.
(d) Re-reading his newspaper clippings.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 8, Part 4 gets underway, who is coming to visit Yakov in prison?
2. Who does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
3. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
4. When the deputy warden tries to punish Yakov for throwing the item at him, who sticks up for Yakov?
5. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov accuse the Tsar of?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)