|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yakov begins thinking many evil thoughts after he stops keeping track of the days. Who does Yakov think evil thoughts about?
(a) The deputy warden.
(b) The warden.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The Tsar.
2. One day, Yakov receives something from Marfa. What is it?
(a) A statement.
(b) A signed confession.
(c) A letter.
(d) Account information.
3. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The New Testament.
4. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
(a) Fuel Yakov's rage.
(b) Excite Yakov.
(c) Fuel Yakov's curiosity.
(d) Depress Yakov.
5. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
(a) In the middle of dinner.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the middle of winter.
(d) In the middle of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker ask Yakov to do as he talks to Yakov through the closed cell door?
2. According to new facts that are being learned about Zhenia's death, who is being further implicated in Zhenia's death?
3. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
4. How is Yakov feeling when he arrives at the courthouse?
5. What does Yakov invite the prosecutor to do during their meeting?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)