|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, Yakov is searched again. How many times has Yakov already been searched that day?
2. When the guards discover Yakov digging at the concrete holding his chains in place, what do they find when they search his cell?
(a) A book.
(b) A knife.
(c) A needle.
(d) A calendar.
3. When Yakov meets with his attorney, his attorney tells Yakov that someone has died. Who?
4. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, Marfa admits she had Yakov followed. Who does she have follow Yakov?
5. What does Yakov's new attorney warn Yakov to do while they await the trial?
(a) Prepare to win.
(b) Speak to no one.
(c) Walk on eggshells.
(d) Regain his strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Yakov's carriage arrives outside of the courthouse?
2. After the warden learns of Yakov's prison visit, Yakov spends his days shackled to _____________.
3. When a newspaper writer reports all the factual details of the case, what does the government do?
4. As Yakov prepares to go to trial, what does he see in his visions?
5. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)