|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
(a) Zhitnyak's father.
(b) Zhitnyak's brother.
(c) Zhitnyak's uncle.
(d) Zhitnyak's cousin.
2. What does the speaker ask Yakov to do as he talks to Yakov through the closed cell door?
(a) Sing psalms.
(b) Plan an escape.
(c) Recite scripture.
(d) Share his rations.
3. What does Yakov invite the prosecutor to do during their meeting?
(a) Try his best.
(b) Leave Yakov's cell.
(c) Set Yakov free.
(d) Shoot Yakov.
4. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A needle.
(d) A spoon.
5. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, what is confiscated from Yakov?
(a) His prayer shawl.
(b) His New Testament.
(c) The phylacteries.
(d) His Torah.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
2. After receiving the information from Marfa, what is Yakov's initial reaction?
3. What name does Yakov mention that causes the prosecutor to angrily leave Yakov's cell?
4. What is the name of the new attorney that will represent Yakov during the trial?
5. As the story ends, what does Yakov conclude?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)