|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
2. As Chapter 8, Part 4 gets underway, who is coming to visit Yakov in prison?
(a) The Tsar.
3. Why does Yakov refuse to eat?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is fasting.
(c) He is being poisoned.
(d) He is not hungry.
4. When Yakov throws something at the deputy warden, what does the deputy warden say that Yakov's act allows the deputy warden to do?
(a) Search Yakov.
(b) Shoot Yakov.
(c) Whip Yakov.
(d) Send Yakov to solitary confinement.
5. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He threatens the visitor.
(b) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(c) He puts on the prayer shawl.
(d) He questions the visitor's motives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrest and interrogation is included as a long section in the indictment?
2. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
3. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
4. As Yakov prepares to go to trial, what does he see in his visions?
5. On the envelope containing the papers brought to Yakov by his visitor, he writes a message. What language is the message on the envelope in?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)