|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yakov's new attorney warn Yakov to do while they await the trial?
(a) Walk on eggshells.
(b) Regain his strength.
(c) Speak to no one.
(d) Prepare to win.
2. What does Yakov invite the prosecutor to do during their meeting?
(a) Shoot Yakov.
(b) Leave Yakov's cell.
(c) Try his best.
(d) Set Yakov free.
3. How long has Yakov's visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 been begging to see him?
(a) Over one year.
(b) Over six months.
(c) Over three months.
(d) Over nine months.
4. Who does Yakov turn to for an explanation about the missing item?
5. What happens as Yakov is pacing his cell after his new attorney departs?
(a) Yakov faints.
(b) Yakov cuts his chains loose.
(c) Yakov screams.
(d) Yakov's legs swell.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he begins blacking out, what does Yakov find comfort in?
2. According to Marfa's information, who does the current theory insist put Yakov up to the crime?
3. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
4. What does the speaker ask Yakov to do as he talks to Yakov through the closed cell door?
5. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what does Marfa urge Yakov to do?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)