|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marfa's information, who does the current theory insist put Yakov up to the crime?
(a) Christian leaders.
(b) Muslim leaders.
(c) Jewish leaders.
(d) Islamic leaders.
2. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the middle of dinner.
(c) In the middle of winter.
(d) In the middle of the day.
3. As Chapter 8, Part 4 gets underway, who is coming to visit Yakov in prison?
(c) The Tsar.
4. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The warden.
(c) The Tsar.
(d) The prosecutor.
5. What does Yakov's new attorney warn Yakov to do while they await the trial?
(a) Regain his strength.
(b) Speak to no one.
(c) Walk on eggshells.
(d) Prepare to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards do when Yakov refuses the pardon he is offered?
2. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
3. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
4. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
5. In the new indictment brought to Yakov by the warden, what has been removed?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)