|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he begins blacking out, what does Yakov find comfort in?
(a) The book of Proverbs.
(b) The book of Psalms.
(c) The book of Hosea.
(d) The book of Job.
2. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the middle of the day.
(c) In the middle of dinner.
(d) In the middle of winter.
3. With what does the prosecutor threaten Yakov while the two men are meeting?
(a) A Jewish massacre.
(b) New charges being added.
(c) A trial postponement.
(d) A body cavity search.
4. Since he no longer is keeping track of the days, what does Yakov spend his time doing?
(a) Re-reading his newspaper clippings.
(b) Re-reading his Old Testament pages.
(c) Re-reading his New Testament pages.
(d) Re-reading his Jewish dogma.
5. By the time a man enters Yakov's cell and offers him a pardon, how long has Yakov been imprisoned?
(a) Two years.
(b) Thirty months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 8, Part 4 gets underway, who is coming to visit Yakov in prison?
2. Who ends up being able to visit Yakov in prison because he or she sold beets to the right person?
3. When the deputy warden tries to punish Yakov for throwing the item at him, who sticks up for Yakov?
4. What is the name of Yakov's replacement guard?
5. When Yakov and his visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 first see each other, what do they do?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)