|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the attorney believe that they have a chance to win at trial?
(a) The case against Yakov is unproven.
(b) The facts are conclusive.
(c) Witnesses can't lie.
(d) There will be a jury.
2. Which of Yakov's behaviors in prison does the new indictment describe?
(a) His eating habits.
(b) His sleeping habits.
(c) His exercise habits.
(d) His worship habits.
3. What is the name of the new attorney that will represent Yakov during the trial?
4. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what is one topic the two men do NOT discuss?
(d) The power of gossip.
5. When Yakov and his visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 first see each other, what do they do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Yakov's carriage arrives outside of the courthouse?
2. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
3. What is omitted from the indictment that surprises Yakov?
4. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what does Marfa urge Yakov to do?
5. By the time a man enters Yakov's cell and offers him a pardon, how long has Yakov been imprisoned?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)