|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At night, Yakov has dreams of Shmuel. In his dreams, where is Shmuel?
(a) In a coffin.
(b) In the shtetl.
(c) In the next cell.
(d) In the synagogue.
2. When the warden finally delivers Yakov's indictment, how does Yakov describe the indictment?
(a) As fiction.
(b) As dangerous.
(c) As fantastical.
(d) As truthful.
3. Who does Yakov turn to for an explanation about the missing item?
4. When the warden learns of the unauthorized prison visit Yakov was allowed, who is arrested?
5. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
(a) Fuel Yakov's rage.
(b) Fuel Yakov's curiosity.
(c) Depress Yakov.
(d) Excite Yakov.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the prosecutor threaten Yakov while the two men are meeting?
2. When a newspaper writer reports all the factual details of the case, what does the government do?
3. Who ends up being able to visit Yakov in prison because he or she sold beets to the right person?
4. Which of Yakov's behaviors in prison does the new indictment describe?
5. When spring arrives, who comes to the prison to comfort Yakov?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)