|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
(a) The warden.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The colonel.
2. When Yakov throws something at the deputy warden, what does the deputy warden say that Yakov's act allows the deputy warden to do?
(a) Shoot Yakov.
(b) Whip Yakov.
(c) Search Yakov.
(d) Send Yakov to solitary confinement.
3. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He puts on the prayer shawl.
(b) He threatens the visitor.
(c) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(d) He questions the visitor's motives.
4. Which of Yakov's behaviors in prison does the new indictment describe?
(a) His exercise habits.
(b) His worship habits.
(c) His sleeping habits.
(d) His eating habits.
5. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what does Marfa urge Yakov to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
2. What name does Yakov mention that causes the prosecutor to angrily leave Yakov's cell?
3. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
4. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
5. What is the name of the new attorney that will represent Yakov during the trial?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)