|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the warden finally delivers Yakov's indictment, how does Yakov describe the indictment?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As fiction.
(c) As fantastical.
(d) As truthful.
2. By the time a man enters Yakov's cell and offers him a pardon, how long has Yakov been imprisoned?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Thirty months.
(d) Eighteen months.
3. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
4. In the new indictment brought to Yakov by the warden, what has been removed?
(a) The smuggling story.
(b) Nikolai's statement.
(c) Marfa's rantings.
(d) The molestation tale.
5. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, what is confiscated from Yakov?
(a) The phylacteries.
(b) His prayer shawl.
(c) His Torah.
(d) His New Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the attorney prepares to leave, he informs Yakov that another man will act as Yakov's attorney during the trial because the government is accusing him of something. What is the government accusing the attorney meeting with Yakov of?
2. Why does Yakov refuse to eat?
3. How does Yakov's new guard periodically amuse himself?
4. Who finally confirms that Yakov is the "nameless Jew" arrested in Kiev to the people in the shtetl?
5. After reading the indictment, how does Yakov feel?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)