|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story ends, what does Yakov conclude?
(a) Fairness is worth fighting for.
(b) The truth is worth fighting for.
(c) Religion is worth fighting for.
(d) Liberty is worth fighting for.
2. After receiving the information from Marfa, what is Yakov's initial reaction?
3. What does the speaker ask Yakov to do as he talks to Yakov through the closed cell door?
(a) Share his rations.
(b) Recite scripture.
(c) Sing psalms.
(d) Plan an escape.
4. When the deputy warden tries to punish Yakov for throwing the item at him, who sticks up for Yakov?
(b) The warden.
5. After reading the indictment, how does Yakov feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what does Marfa urge Yakov to do?
2. Whose arrest and interrogation is included as a long section in the indictment?
3. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door offer to Yakov?
4. In Yakov's visions, who is responsible for the murders he sees?
5. Why does Yakov refuse to eat?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)