|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
(a) Arresting the Tsar.
(b) Shooting the Tsar.
(c) Beating the Tsar.
(d) Berating the Tsar.
2. After receiving the information from Marfa, what is Yakov's initial reaction?
3. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He puts on the prayer shawl.
(b) He questions the visitor's motives.
(c) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(d) He threatens the visitor.
4. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
(a) Some newspaper clippings.
(b) Some cookbook recipes.
(c) Some Old Testament pages.
(d) Some Orthodox Jewish dogma.
5. After reading the indictment, how does Yakov feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Yakov is pacing his cell after his new attorney departs?
2. What do the guards do when Yakov refuses the pardon he is offered?
3. Since he no longer is keeping track of the days, what does Yakov spend his time doing?
4. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
5. Who does Yakov turn to for an explanation about the missing item?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)