|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov meets with his attorney, his attorney tells Yakov that someone has died. Who?
2. Who comes to Yakov's cell to announce the trial?
(a) Yakov's attorney.
(b) The deputy warden.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The warden.
3. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the middle of the day.
(c) In the middle of dinner.
(d) In the middle of winter.
4. Who finally confirms that Yakov is the "nameless Jew" arrested in Kiev to the people in the shtetl?
5. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
(a) Some Orthodox Jewish dogma.
(b) Some cookbook recipes.
(c) Some Old Testament pages.
(d) Some newspaper clippings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
2. After receiving the new indictment, Yakov sees a newspaper headline on the papers brought to him as toilet tissue. What does the headline read?
3. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
4. What is the name of the new attorney that will represent Yakov during the trial?
5. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)