|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov meets with his attorney, his attorney tells Yakov that someone has died. Who?
2. One day, Yakov receives something from Marfa. What is it?
(a) Account information.
(b) A letter.
(c) A statement.
(d) A signed confession.
3. As Yakov is preparing to leave for his trial, what does the deputy warden insist must happen before Yakov leaves?
(a) His cell search.
(b) His cavity search.
(c) His daily beating.
(d) His daily breakfast.
4. One day, Yakov awakens in his cell to find his possessions there, but something is missing. What is missing?
(a) His stove.
(b) His blanket.
(c) His furniture.
(d) His clothing.
5. When Yakov and his visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 first see each other, what do they do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the papers sent in with Yakov's visitor?
2. Who finally confirms that Yakov is the "nameless Jew" arrested in Kiev to the people in the shtetl?
3. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
4. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
5. As the story ends, what does Yakov conclude?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)