|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov and his visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 first see each other, what do they do?
2. According to Marfa's information, who does the current theory insist put Yakov up to the crime?
(a) Jewish leaders.
(b) Muslim leaders.
(c) Islamic leaders.
(d) Christian leaders.
3. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The New Testament.
4. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
(a) Zhitnyak's cousin.
(b) Zhitnyak's uncle.
(c) Zhitnyak's father.
(d) Zhitnyak's brother.
5. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
(a) A ritual murderer.
(b) A Hasidic Jew.
(c) An embezzler.
(d) A child molester.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time a man enters Yakov's cell and offers him a pardon, how long has Yakov been imprisoned?
2. What happens as Yakov is pacing his cell after his new attorney departs?
3. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
4. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
5. As the attorney prepares to leave, he informs Yakov that another man will act as Yakov's attorney during the trial because the government is accusing him of something. What is the government accusing the attorney meeting with Yakov of?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)