|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yakov's new attorney warn Yakov to do while they await the trial?
(a) Speak to no one.
(b) Regain his strength.
(c) Walk on eggshells.
(d) Prepare to win.
2. While the visitor and Yakov are together, what story do the two men argue about?
3. After reading the indictment, how does Yakov feel?
4. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He puts on the prayer shawl.
(b) He questions the visitor's motives.
(c) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(d) He threatens the visitor.
5. Who does Yakov turn to for an explanation about the missing item?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the warden learns of the unauthorized prison visit Yakov was allowed, who is arrested?
2. Who finally confirms that Yakov is the "nameless Jew" arrested in Kiev to the people in the shtetl?
3. Whose death does Yakov tell his new attorney about?
4. After receiving the information from Marfa, what is Yakov's initial reaction?
5. What does Yakov do when he blacks out?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)