|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the visitor and Yakov are together, what story do the two men argue about?
2. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
(a) He has been tried.
(b) He has been married.
(c) He has become a father.
(d) He has been arrested.
3. What is the name of Yakov's replacement guard?
4. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A needle.
(d) A spoon.
5. Whose arrest and interrogation is included as a long section in the indictment?
Short Answer Questions
1. One day, Yakov receives something from Marfa. What is it?
2. As the attorney prepares to leave, he informs Yakov that another man will act as Yakov's attorney during the trial because the government is accusing him of something. What is the government accusing the attorney meeting with Yakov of?
3. What happens as Yakov is pacing his cell after his new attorney departs?
4. After receiving the new indictment, Yakov sees a newspaper headline on the papers brought to him as toilet tissue. What does the headline read?
5. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)