|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Yakov's new attorney visit him in prison?
2. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
(a) The warden.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The prosecutor.
3. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
(a) Some Old Testament pages.
(b) Some cookbook recipes.
(c) Some newspaper clippings.
(d) Some Orthodox Jewish dogma.
4. After the warden learns of Yakov's prison visit, Yakov spends his days shackled to _____________.
(a) The sink.
(b) His bed.
(c) The stove.
(d) The wall.
5. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
(a) Beating the Tsar.
(b) Berating the Tsar.
(c) Arresting the Tsar.
(d) Shooting the Tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
2. What do the guards do when Yakov refuses the pardon he is offered?
3. In Yakov's visions, who is responsible for the murders he sees?
4. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
5. On the envelope containing the papers brought to Yakov by his visitor, he writes a message. What language is the message on the envelope in?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)