|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yakov's new guard periodically amuse himself?
(a) By yelling insults at Yakov.
(b) By throwing onions at Yakov.
(c) By refusing to feed Yakov.
(d) By pretending to shoot Yakov.
2. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A needle.
(d) A spoon.
3. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
4. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
5. Yakov begins thinking many evil thoughts after he stops keeping track of the days. Who does Yakov think evil thoughts about?
(a) The deputy warden.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) The warden.
(d) The prosecutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, Marfa admits she had Yakov followed. Who does she have follow Yakov?
2. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
3. Who finally confirms that Yakov is the "nameless Jew" arrested in Kiev to the people in the shtetl?
4. With what does the prosecutor threaten Yakov while the two men are meeting?
5. In Yakov's visions, who is responsible for the murders he sees?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)