|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, Marfa admits she had Yakov followed. Who does she have follow Yakov?
2. When Yakov and his visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 first see each other, what do they do?
3. What is the name of Yakov's replacement guard?
4. What happens when Yakov's carriage arrives outside of the courthouse?
(a) A bomb explodes.
(b) A sniper kills Yakov.
(c) The crowd cheers for Yakov.
(d) The crowd riots.
5. What do the guards do when Yakov refuses the pardon he is offered?
(a) Chain him to the bed.
(b) Refuse to light the stove.
(c) Refuse to feed him.
(d) Pour urine on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the warden learns of Yakov's prison visit, Yakov spends his days shackled to _____________.
2. Who comes to Yakov's cell to announce the trial?
3. After he begins blacking out, what does Yakov find comfort in?
4. What is on the pages that Yakov has been given?
5. When Yakov throws something at the deputy warden, what does the deputy warden say that Yakov's act allows the deputy warden to do?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)