|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, Yakov awakens in his cell to find his possessions there, but something is missing. What is missing?
(a) His stove.
(b) His furniture.
(c) His blanket.
(d) His clothing.
2. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
(a) He has been tried.
(b) He has been married.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He has become a father.
3. Yakov begins thinking many evil thoughts after he stops keeping track of the days. Who does Yakov think evil thoughts about?
(a) The deputy warden.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The warden.
4. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
5. On the envelope containing the papers brought to Yakov by his visitor, he writes a message. What language is the message on the envelope in?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the prosecutor scold Yakov while the two men are meeting?
2. When a newspaper writer reports all the factual details of the case, what does the government do?
3. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
4. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
5. What does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)