|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the secret society that the prosecutor accuses Yakov of belonging to?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The Black Hundreds.
(c) The Jewish Klan.
(d) The Jewish Kahal.
2. According to Yakov, what does he believe the boy saw in Yakov's apartment?
(a) A gun catalog.
(b) Raspberry jam.
(c) Monopoly money.
(d) His bathrobe.
3. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
(a) 5 rubles.
(b) 7 rubles.
(c) 3 rubles.
(d) 1 ruble.
4. As Yakov runs around his cell screaming, who finally tells him to shut up?
(c) The warden.
(d) The deputy warden.
5. Before going to join the running crowd, what does Yakov do?
(a) Clean his plate.
(b) Call for the guard.
(c) Hide his money.
(d) Finish his prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Yakov in solitary confinement before Bibikov comes to question him again?
2. What is the sentence carried by the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
3. One night, Yakov wakes up from a nightmare and realizes why he is so sick. Why?
4. When Yakov happens upon an old injured Jewish man while returning from shopping, where does Yakov take the injured man?
5. After the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov tells him he is a murderer, what does the other prisoner do?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the boatman who ferries Yakov across the river, how could all of Russia's problems be solved?
2. After Yakov's chains are removed and he is waiting to meet with his new attorney, what is Yakov wondering about?
3. Why is Yakov uneasy in the days before his next prison visitor is set to arrive?
4. After refusing the pardon, Yakov decides that things are never truly as bad as they can get. Why does Yakov decide that?
5. Explain Bibikov's theory regarding Zhenia's murder.
6. As Yakov imagines talking to the Tsar, how does Yakov answer the Tsar's question about whether Yakov has been taught anything by his suffering?
7. As Yakov's hallucinations become regular, what does he have trouble figuring out?
8. When Yakov describes the things he takes pleasure in, what does he describe?
9. According to Yakov's visitor in prison, why is he known as the "nameless Jew"?
10. According to the prosecutor, what has the Tsar been notified to be on the alert for?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)