|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors does Proshko say are the flames of the fire that Yakov is accused of setting?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Yellow and green.
(c) Yellow and red.
(d) Green and blue.
2. When spring arrives, what is Yakov still lacking?
(a) Sufficient evidence to clear his name.
(b) A new blanket.
(d) An indictment.
3. What is the name of the secret police member who introduces himself to Yakov as the man in charge of the investigation?
4. As Yakov runs around his cell screaming, who finally tells him to shut up?
(b) The warden.
(d) The deputy warden.
5. To what prison does the prosecutor send Yakov while Yakov is awaiting trials?
(a) Warsaw prison.
(b) Henrush prison.
(c) Moscow prison.
(d) Kiev prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov tells him he is a murderer, what does the other prisoner do?
2. What is the mother's name of the boy Yakov is accused of killing?
3. According to Proshko's testimony, how does Yakov set the fire he is accused of starting?
4. Who begins to visit Yakov's cell in the middle of winter in order to obtain body samples?
5. What offense does Proshko accuse Yakov of when he gives his statement to the secret police?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Yakov shares his story regarding why he is being held in prison, why do his cellmates beat him?
2. As Yakov is being prepared for his trial, why does a barber come and shave Yakov's head?
3. When Yakov is offered a pardon by the Tsar, why does Yakov refuse the pardon?
4. As Yakov's hallucinations become regular, what does he have trouble figuring out?
5. Explain Bibikov's theory regarding Zhenia's murder.
6. Why does Yakov steel himself to live instead of wanting to die?
7. When Yakov sees Bibikov in one of his visions, what does Yakov imagine telling Bibikov?
8. As spring continues on, Yakov is no longer allowed to make his trips to the kitchen. Why?
9. When Yakov is returned to his cell, he feels a certain kinship with two other men in his cell. What does Yakov think the men all have in common?
10. Why is Yakov moved by the stories he reads about Jesus?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)