|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The New Testament.
2. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
(a) The warden.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The Tsar.
3. Who does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
4. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
(a) Zhitnyak's brother.
(b) Zhitnyak's father.
(c) Zhitnyak's cousin.
(d) Zhitnyak's uncle.
5. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, Yakov is searched again. How many times has Yakov already been searched that day?
6. What name does Yakov mention that causes the prosecutor to angrily leave Yakov's cell?
7. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, Marfa admits she had Yakov followed. Who does she have follow Yakov?
8. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(b) He questions the visitor's motives.
(c) He puts on the prayer shawl.
(d) He threatens the visitor.
9. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
(a) A candle.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A pen.
(d) A Bible.
10. When the warden learns of the unauthorized prison visit Yakov was allowed, who is arrested?
11. When Yakov meets with his attorney, his attorney tells Yakov that someone has died. Who?
12. According to Marfa's information, who does the current theory insist put Yakov up to the crime?
(a) Islamic leaders.
(b) Christian leaders.
(c) Muslim leaders.
(d) Jewish leaders.
13. What is the name of the new attorney that will represent Yakov during the trial?
14. What does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
(a) Dead ducks.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Dead farm animals.
(d) Dead neighbors.
15. Whose death does Yakov tell his new attorney about?
(a) Bibikov's death.
(b) Zhitnyak's death.
(c) Shmuel's death.
(d) Zhenia's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yakov's new attorney warn Yakov to do while they await the trial?
2. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
3. Before departing for his trial, what does Yakov throw at the deputy warden?
4. One day, Yakov awakens in his cell to find his possessions there, but something is missing. What is missing?
5. As Yakov prepares to go to trial, what does he see in his visions?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)