|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to new facts that are being learned about Zhenia's death, who is being further implicated in Zhenia's death?
2. As Yakov prepares to go to trial, what does he see in his visions?
(a) Dead prisoners.
(b) Dead horses.
(c) Dead rats.
(d) Dead soldiers.
3. According to Marfa's information, who does the current theory insist put Yakov up to the crime?
(a) Christian leaders.
(b) Jewish leaders.
(c) Muslim leaders.
(d) Islamic leaders.
4. How many times does Yakov's new attorney visit him in prison?
5. After the warden learns of Yakov's prison visit, Yakov spends his days shackled to _____________.
(a) The wall.
(b) The stove.
(c) His bed.
(d) The sink.
6. How does Yakov's new guard periodically amuse himself?
(a) By pretending to shoot Yakov.
(b) By throwing onions at Yakov.
(c) By yelling insults at Yakov.
(d) By refusing to feed Yakov.
7. When spring arrives, who comes to the prison to comfort Yakov?
(a) A priest.
(c) A rabbi.
8. What does Yakov invite the prosecutor to do during their meeting?
(a) Shoot Yakov.
(b) Try his best.
(c) Set Yakov free.
(d) Leave Yakov's cell.
9. After he begins blacking out, what does Yakov find comfort in?
(a) The book of Proverbs.
(b) The book of Hosea.
(c) The book of Psalms.
(d) The book of Job.
10. By the time a man enters Yakov's cell and offers him a pardon, how long has Yakov been imprisoned?
(a) Thirty months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Three years.
11. When Yakov throws something at the deputy warden, what does the deputy warden say that Yakov's act allows the deputy warden to do?
(a) Whip Yakov.
(b) Search Yakov.
(c) Send Yakov to solitary confinement.
(d) Shoot Yakov.
12. Yakov's visitor hands papers to Yakov during their visit. Who sends the papers with Yakov's visitor?
(a) The warden.
(b) The defense attorney.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The rabbi.
13. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
14. When Yakov and his visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 first see each other, what do they do?
15. How long has Yakov's visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 been begging to see him?
(a) Over one year.
(b) Over nine months.
(c) Over six months.
(d) Over three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving the new indictment, Yakov sees a newspaper headline on the papers brought to him as toilet tissue. What does the headline read?
2. On the envelope containing the papers brought to Yakov by his visitor, he writes a message. What language is the message on the envelope in?
3. When the warden finally delivers Yakov's indictment, how does Yakov describe the indictment?
4. Yakov begins thinking many evil thoughts after he stops keeping track of the days. Who does Yakov think evil thoughts about?
5. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what does Marfa urge Yakov to do?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)