|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Yakov's carriage arrives outside of the courthouse?
(a) The crowd cheers for Yakov.
(b) A bomb explodes.
(c) The crowd riots.
(d) A sniper kills Yakov.
2. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He puts on the prayer shawl.
(b) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(c) He questions the visitor's motives.
(d) He threatens the visitor.
3. What is on the pages that Yakov has been given?
(c) Fecal material.
(d) Food stains.
4. When the deputy warden tries to punish Yakov for throwing the item at him, who sticks up for Yakov?
(c) The warden.
5. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
6. For what does the prosecutor scold Yakov while the two men are meeting?
7. While the visitor and Yakov are together in Chapter 7, Part 6, what does the visitor scold Yakov for?
8. What does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Dead farm animals.
(c) Dead ducks.
(d) Dead neighbors.
9. When Yakov throws something at the deputy warden, what does the deputy warden say that Yakov's act allows the deputy warden to do?
(a) Search Yakov.
(b) Whip Yakov.
(c) Shoot Yakov.
(d) Send Yakov to solitary confinement.
10. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
(a) A needle.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A shoe.
11. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov accuse the Tsar of?
(a) Evil plots.
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Faking evidence.
(d) Hate crimes.
12. As the attorney prepares to leave, he informs Yakov that another man will act as Yakov's attorney during the trial because the government is accusing him of something. What is the government accusing the attorney meeting with Yakov of?
(d) Fostering revolution.
13. Who ends up being able to visit Yakov in prison because he or she sold beets to the right person?
14. What is the name of Yakov's replacement guard?
15. Before departing for his trial, what does Yakov throw at the deputy warden?
(a) His spoon.
(b) His undershirt.
(c) His Old Testament pages.
(d) His prayer shawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving the new indictment, Yakov sees a newspaper headline on the papers brought to him as toilet tissue. What does the headline read?
2. One day, Yakov awakens in his cell to find his possessions there, but something is missing. What is missing?
3. Since he no longer is keeping track of the days, what does Yakov spend his time doing?
4. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
5. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)