|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov meets with his attorney, his attorney tells Yakov that someone has died. Who?
2. While the visitor and Yakov are together, what story do the two men argue about?
3. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, Yakov is searched again. How many times has Yakov already been searched that day?
4. After reading the indictment, how does Yakov feel?
5. For what does the prosecutor scold Yakov while the two men are meeting?
6. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
(a) The Tsar.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The warden.
7. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what new crime does Marfa accuse Yakov of?
8. Who does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
9. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
10. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
11. As Yakov is preparing to leave for his trial, what does the deputy warden insist must happen before Yakov leaves?
(a) His cavity search.
(b) His daily beating.
(c) His cell search.
(d) His daily breakfast.
12. What do the guards do when Yakov refuses the pardon he is offered?
(a) Refuse to light the stove.
(b) Chain him to the bed.
(c) Pour urine on his head.
(d) Refuse to feed him.
13. What happens when Yakov's carriage arrives outside of the courthouse?
(a) The crowd riots.
(b) A sniper kills Yakov.
(c) A bomb explodes.
(d) The crowd cheers for Yakov.
14. Yakov's visitor hands papers to Yakov during their visit. Who sends the papers with Yakov's visitor?
(a) The warden.
(b) The defense attorney.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The rabbi.
15. According to new facts that are being learned about Zhenia's death, who is being further implicated in Zhenia's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yakov do when he blacks out?
2. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
3. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
4. What happens as Yakov is pacing his cell after his new attorney departs?
5. After his cell is searched in Chapter 7, Part 2, Yakov becomes despondent. What does Yakov find pleasure in thinking about?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)