|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At night, Yakov has dreams of Shmuel. In his dreams, where is Shmuel?
(a) In a coffin.
(b) In the synagogue.
(c) In the next cell.
(d) In the shtetl.
2. According to new facts that are being learned about Zhenia's death, who is being further implicated in Zhenia's death?
3. One day, Yakov awakens in his cell to find his possessions there, but something is missing. What is missing?
(a) His stove.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His furniture.
(d) His blanket.
4. When the guards discover Yakov digging at the concrete holding his chains in place, what do they find when they search his cell?
(a) A calendar.
(b) A needle.
(c) A book.
(d) A knife.
5. What does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
(a) Dead farm animals.
(b) Dead ducks.
(c) Dead neighbors.
(d) Dead bodies.
6. In the new indictment brought to Yakov by the warden, what has been removed?
(a) The molestation tale.
(b) Nikolai's statement.
(c) The smuggling story.
(d) Marfa's rantings.
7. What does Yakov invite the prosecutor to do during their meeting?
(a) Set Yakov free.
(b) Shoot Yakov.
(c) Leave Yakov's cell.
(d) Try his best.
8. How is Yakov feeling when he arrives at the courthouse?
9. Which of Yakov's behaviors in prison does the new indictment describe?
(a) His worship habits.
(b) His exercise habits.
(c) His sleeping habits.
(d) His eating habits.
10. Who does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
11. What does the speaker ask Yakov to do as he talks to Yakov through the closed cell door?
(a) Sing psalms.
(b) Recite scripture.
(c) Plan an escape.
(d) Share his rations.
12. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He threatens the visitor.
(b) He questions the visitor's motives.
(c) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(d) He puts on the prayer shawl.
13. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
14. By the time a man enters Yakov's cell and offers him a pardon, how long has Yakov been imprisoned?
(a) Three years.
(b) Thirty months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen months.
15. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, Yakov is searched again. How many times has Yakov already been searched that day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door offer to Yakov?
2. For what does the prosecutor scold Yakov while the two men are meeting?
3. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
4. What does Yakov's new attorney warn Yakov to do while they await the trial?
5. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)