|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov accuse the Tsar of?
(a) Hate crimes.
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Faking evidence.
(d) Evil plots.
2. As the story ends, what does Yakov conclude?
(a) Religion is worth fighting for.
(b) The truth is worth fighting for.
(c) Liberty is worth fighting for.
(d) Fairness is worth fighting for.
3. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what does Marfa urge Yakov to do?
4. How long has Yakov's visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 been begging to see him?
(a) Over three months.
(b) Over one year.
(c) Over six months.
(d) Over nine months.
5. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what new crime does Marfa accuse Yakov of?
6. As Yakov prepares to go to trial, what does he see in his visions?
(a) Dead prisoners.
(b) Dead horses.
(c) Dead soldiers.
(d) Dead rats.
7. Which of Yakov's behaviors in prison does the new indictment describe?
(a) His worship habits.
(b) His eating habits.
(c) His exercise habits.
(d) His sleeping habits.
8. After the warden learns of Yakov's prison visit, Yakov spends his days shackled to _____________.
(a) The wall.
(b) The sink.
(c) His bed.
(d) The stove.
9. How is Yakov feeling when he arrives at the courthouse?
10. In Yakov's visions, who is responsible for the murders he sees?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The Black Hundreds.
(c) The Black Renegades.
(d) The Black Knights.
11. Why does Yakov refuse to eat?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is not hungry.
(c) He is being poisoned.
(d) He is fasting.
12. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
(a) The New Testament.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Old Testament.
13. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door offer to Yakov?
14. As Yakov is preparing to leave for his trial, what does the deputy warden insist must happen before Yakov leaves?
(a) His daily breakfast.
(b) His daily beating.
(c) His cell search.
(d) His cavity search.
15. After receiving the information from Marfa, what is Yakov's initial reaction?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the deputy warden tries to punish Yakov for throwing the item at him, who sticks up for Yakov?
2. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
3. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
4. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, what is confiscated from Yakov?
5. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)