|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the warden finally delivers Yakov's indictment, how does Yakov describe the indictment?
(a) As fantastical.
(b) As dangerous.
(c) As truthful.
(d) As fiction.
2. What is the name of the new attorney that will represent Yakov during the trial?
3. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
(a) Depress Yakov.
(b) Excite Yakov.
(c) Fuel Yakov's rage.
(d) Fuel Yakov's curiosity.
4. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
5. While the visitor and Yakov are together in Chapter 7, Part 6, what does the visitor scold Yakov for?
6. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A needle.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shoe.
7. According to new facts that are being learned about Zhenia's death, who is being further implicated in Zhenia's death?
8. What happens when Yakov's carriage arrives outside of the courthouse?
(a) The crowd cheers for Yakov.
(b) A sniper kills Yakov.
(c) The crowd riots.
(d) A bomb explodes.
9. As the attorney prepares to leave, he informs Yakov that another man will act as Yakov's attorney during the trial because the government is accusing him of something. What is the government accusing the attorney meeting with Yakov of?
(a) Fostering revolution.
10. Yakov's visitor hands papers to Yakov during their visit. Who sends the papers with Yakov's visitor?
(a) The prosecutor.
(b) The defense attorney.
(c) The warden.
(d) The rabbi.
11. What does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
(a) Dead farm animals.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Dead ducks.
(d) Dead neighbors.
12. For what does the prosecutor scold Yakov while the two men are meeting?
13. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
(a) Some cookbook recipes.
(b) Some Orthodox Jewish dogma.
(c) Some newspaper clippings.
(d) Some Old Testament pages.
14. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
(a) The Tsar.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The warden.
15. By the time a man enters Yakov's cell and offers him a pardon, how long has Yakov been imprisoned?
(a) Thirty months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eighteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the deputy warden tries to punish Yakov for throwing the item at him, who sticks up for Yakov?
2. How is Yakov feeling when he arrives at the courthouse?
3. While the visitor and Yakov are together, what story do the two men argue about?
4. Why does the attorney believe that they have a chance to win at trial?
5. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what new crime does Marfa accuse Yakov of?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)