|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Yakov's new attorney visit him in prison?
2. When the guards discover Yakov digging at the concrete holding his chains in place, what do they find when they search his cell?
(a) A needle.
(b) A book.
(c) A knife.
(d) A calendar.
3. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The New Testament.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Old Testament.
4. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what is one topic the two men do NOT discuss?
(b) The power of gossip.
5. What does Yakov do when he blacks out?
(a) Shreds his cot.
(b) Paces his cell.
(c) Removes his clothing.
(d) Hits the wall.
6. Who does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
7. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
(a) A ritual murderer.
(b) A Hasidic Jew.
(c) A child molester.
(d) An embezzler.
8. What is omitted from the indictment that surprises Yakov?
(a) The statement from Marfa.
(b) The magical wounds information.
(c) The interrogation report.
(d) The ritual murder information.
9. After reading the indictment, how does Yakov feel?
10. When spring arrives, who comes to the prison to comfort Yakov?
(b) A priest.
(c) A rabbi.
11. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
(a) Zhitnyak's cousin.
(b) Zhitnyak's uncle.
(c) Zhitnyak's brother.
(d) Zhitnyak's father.
12. Whose death does Yakov tell his new attorney about?
(a) Zhitnyak's death.
(b) Zhenia's death.
(c) Shmuel's death.
(d) Bibikov's death.
13. Whose arrest and interrogation is included as a long section in the indictment?
14. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
15. One day, Yakov awakens in his cell to find his possessions there, but something is missing. What is missing?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His stove.
(c) His blanket.
(d) His furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov accuse the Tsar of?
2. Who ends up being able to visit Yakov in prison because he or she sold beets to the right person?
3. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
4. What does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
5. After his cell is searched in Chapter 7, Part 2, Yakov becomes despondent. What does Yakov find pleasure in thinking about?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)