|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Yakov's visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 been begging to see him?
(a) Over nine months.
(b) Over one year.
(c) Over three months.
(d) Over six months.
2. Whose death does Yakov tell his new attorney about?
(a) Zhitnyak's death.
(b) Zhenia's death.
(c) Shmuel's death.
(d) Bibikov's death.
3. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
4. After reading the indictment, how does Yakov feel?
5. As the attorney prepares to leave, he informs Yakov that another man will act as Yakov's attorney during the trial because the government is accusing him of something. What is the government accusing the attorney meeting with Yakov of?
(b) Fostering revolution.
6. Yakov begins thinking many evil thoughts after he stops keeping track of the days. Who does Yakov think evil thoughts about?
(a) The Tsar.
(b) The warden.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The deputy warden.
7. How is Yakov feeling when he arrives at the courthouse?
8. What are the papers sent in with Yakov's visitor?
(a) A new indictment.
(b) A newspaper account.
(c) A plan of defense.
(d) A confession.
9. What does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Dead ducks.
(c) Dead farm animals.
(d) Dead neighbors.
10. According to Marfa's information, who does the current theory insist put Yakov up to the crime?
(a) Muslim leaders.
(b) Islamic leaders.
(c) Christian leaders.
(d) Jewish leaders.
11. Yakov's visitor hands papers to Yakov during their visit. Who sends the papers with Yakov's visitor?
(a) The prosecutor.
(b) The warden.
(c) The defense attorney.
(d) The rabbi.
12. After receiving the new indictment, Yakov sees a newspaper headline on the papers brought to him as toilet tissue. What does the headline read?
(a) "The Trial of the Century."
(b) "The Trial Starts Next Week."
(c) "The Jew is Named."
(d) "The Jew is Doomed."
13. At night, Yakov has dreams of Shmuel. In his dreams, where is Shmuel?
(a) In a coffin.
(b) In the next cell.
(c) In the shtetl.
(d) In the synagogue.
14. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
(a) A needle.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A knife.
15. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
(a) Arresting the Tsar.
(b) Beating the Tsar.
(c) Shooting the Tsar.
(d) Berating the Tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the visitor and Yakov are together in Chapter 7, Part 6, what does the visitor scold Yakov for?
2. As Yakov is preparing to leave for his trial, what does the deputy warden insist must happen before Yakov leaves?
3. How does Yakov react to the prosecutor's threats?
4. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
5. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)