|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marfa's information, who does the current theory insist put Yakov up to the crime?
(a) Muslim leaders.
(b) Christian leaders.
(c) Jewish leaders.
(d) Islamic leaders.
2. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
(a) Zhitnyak's brother.
(b) Zhitnyak's cousin.
(c) Zhitnyak's uncle.
(d) Zhitnyak's father.
3. What do the guards do when Yakov refuses the pardon he is offered?
(a) Chain him to the bed.
(b) Refuse to light the stove.
(c) Refuse to feed him.
(d) Pour urine on his head.
4. When the warden learns of the unauthorized prison visit Yakov was allowed, who is arrested?
5. When the deputy warden tries to punish Yakov for throwing the item at him, who sticks up for Yakov?
(a) The warden.
6. What is on the pages that Yakov has been given?
(a) Fecal material.
(b) Food stains.
7. When the guards discover Yakov digging at the concrete holding his chains in place, what do they find when they search his cell?
(a) A needle.
(b) A book.
(c) A calendar.
(d) A knife.
8. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
(a) A ritual murderer.
(b) A Hasidic Jew.
(c) A child molester.
(d) An embezzler.
9. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
(a) In the middle of winter.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the middle of dinner.
(d) In the middle of the day.
10. What is the name of Yakov's attorney?
11. What name does Yakov mention that causes the prosecutor to angrily leave Yakov's cell?
12. How many times does Yakov's new attorney visit him in prison?
13. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door offer to Yakov?
14. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what new crime does Marfa accuse Yakov of?
15. Who does Yakov turn to for an explanation about the missing item?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yakov's new guard periodically amuse himself?
2. As the attorney prepares to leave, he informs Yakov that another man will act as Yakov's attorney during the trial because the government is accusing him of something. What is the government accusing the attorney meeting with Yakov of?
3. What does Yakov do when he blacks out?
4. Whose death does Yakov tell his new attorney about?
5. What is the name of the new attorney that will represent Yakov during the trial?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)