Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yakov begins thinking many evil thoughts after he stops keeping track of the days. Who does Yakov think evil thoughts about?
(a) The deputy warden.
(b) The warden.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The Tsar.
2. One day, Yakov receives something from Marfa. What is it?
(a) A statement.
(b) A signed confession.
(c) A letter.
(d) Account information.
3. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The New Testament.
4. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
(a) Fuel Yakov's rage.
(b) Excite Yakov.
(c) Fuel Yakov's curiosity.
(d) Depress Yakov.
5. When is the next time the prosecutor comes to visit Yakov?
(a) In the middle of dinner.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the middle of winter.
(d) In the middle of the day.
6. What does the speaker ask Yakov to do as he talks to Yakov through the closed cell door?
(a) Recite scripture.
(b) Share his rations.
(c) Plan an escape.
(d) Sing psalms.
7. According to new facts that are being learned about Zhenia's death, who is being further implicated in Zhenia's death?
8. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
9. How is Yakov feeling when he arrives at the courthouse?
10. What does Yakov invite the prosecutor to do during their meeting?
(a) Leave Yakov's cell.
(b) Shoot Yakov.
(c) Try his best.
(d) Set Yakov free.
11. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what is one topic the two men do NOT discuss?
(d) The power of gossip.
12. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
13. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
(a) Berating the Tsar.
(b) Beating the Tsar.
(c) Shooting the Tsar.
(d) Arresting the Tsar.
14. What does Yakov do when he blacks out?
(a) Paces his cell.
(b) Hits the wall.
(c) Removes his clothing.
(d) Shreds his cot.
15. As Chapter 8, Part 4 gets underway, who is coming to visit Yakov in prison?
(c) The Tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yakov use to dig at the concrete holding his chains in place?
2. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, Yakov is searched again. How many times has Yakov already been searched that day?
3. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what does Marfa urge Yakov to do?
4. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
5. Who ends up being able to visit Yakov in prison because he or she sold beets to the right person?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)