|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell and material is confiscated from Yakov, what is he given in return?
(a) Some Orthodox Jewish dogma.
(b) Some Old Testament pages.
(c) Some newspaper clippings.
(d) Some cookbook recipes.
2. One day, Yakov receives something from Marfa. What is it?
(a) A signed confession.
(b) A statement.
(c) Account information.
(d) A letter.
3. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
4. What are the papers sent in with Yakov's visitor?
(a) A plan of defense.
(b) A confession.
(c) A newspaper account.
(d) A new indictment.
5. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov imagine himself doing?
(a) Shooting the Tsar.
(b) Berating the Tsar.
(c) Beating the Tsar.
(d) Arresting the Tsar.
6. Yakov's visitor hands papers to Yakov during their visit. Who sends the papers with Yakov's visitor?
(a) The defense attorney.
(b) The warden.
(c) The rabbi.
(d) The prosecutor.
7. In Yakov's visions, who is responsible for the murders he sees?
(a) The Black Renegades.
(b) The Black Hundreds.
(c) The Black Knights.
(d) The Black Panthers.
8. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
9. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
(a) He has been married.
(b) He has been tried.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He has become a father.
10. Whose death does Yakov tell his new attorney about?
(a) Zhitnyak's death.
(b) Zhenia's death.
(c) Bibikov's death.
(d) Shmuel's death.
11. When Yakov meets with his attorney, his attorney tells Yakov that someone has died. Who?
12. What is on the pages that Yakov has been given?
(a) Fecal material.
(d) Food stains.
13. After his cell is searched in Chapter 7, Part 2, Yakov becomes despondent. What does Yakov find pleasure in thinking about?
14. As Chapter 8, Part 4 gets underway, who is coming to visit Yakov in prison?
(c) The Tsar.
15. While the visitor and Yakov are together in Chapter 7, Part 6, what does the visitor scold Yakov for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yakov refuse to eat?
2. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what does Yakov accuse the Tsar of?
3. As Yakov envisions talking with the Tsar, what is one topic the two men do NOT discuss?
4. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, what is confiscated from Yakov?
5. Who comes to Yakov's cell to announce the trial?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)