Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After fixing up the apartment, Nikolai offers Yakov another job. Where is the job located?
(a) At a trainyard.
(b) At a shipyard.
(c) At a brickyard.
(d) At a factory.
2. As the story begins, where is Yakov Bok?
(a) In prison.
(b) In temple.
(c) In his kitchen.
(d) In his bedroom.
3. After the winter finally ends, Yakov is desperate to relieve his boredom. What does Yakov do?
(a) Makes pencils from the stove ashes.
(b) Engages the guards in philosophical discussions.
(c) Opens one of the phylacteries.
(d) Writes letters to his ex-wife.
4. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
(a) 5 rubles.
(b) 7 rubles.
(c) 1 ruble.
(d) 3 rubles.
5. Who does the local anti-Semite group accuse of committing the murder?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) A Hindu.
6. According to the boy's mother, what does Zhenia want to be when he grows up?
(a) A priest.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A policeman.
7. What does Zhitnyak sneak into Yakov after his escape-from-boredom materials are confiscated?
(a) A Torah.
(b) A New Testament.
(c) A Koran.
(d) A newspaper.
8. Who performs the total body and cavity searches that Yakov is subjected to?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The warden.
(c) The head guard.
(d) The deputy warden.
9. How does Yakov react to Kiev?
(a) He is awed by the city.
(b) He is intrigued by the city.
(c) He is horrified by the city.
(d) He is dismayed by the city.
10. How long does the boy's mother wait before she reports her son as missing?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
11. Each day, Yakov does recitations in his cell that the guards can overhear. What language does Yakov recite in?
12. What is the sentence carried by the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
(a) One year in prison.
(b) Three years in prison.
(c) Three months in prison.
(d) One month in prison.
13. As the days passed, the Russian officials kept waiting for Yakov to start something. What are they waiting for?
(a) Yakov's period.
(b) Yakov's madness.
(c) Yakov's violence.
(d) Yakov's prayers.
14. When Nikolai offers Yakov another position after Yakov fixes up the apartment, what is the position that Nikolai offers to Yakov?
(a) A maintenance man.
(b) A foreman.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A bookkeeper.
15. When Yakov is being shown the officials' book, what do the officials point out in the book that resembles Yakov?
(a) An ear curl.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A nose.
(d) An earlobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Yakov has his revelation as to the cause of his sickness, what does Yakov refuse to do?
2. What is the name of the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov?
3. When Bibikov apologizes for the poor treatment Yakov is receiving, Yakov asks for only one thing. What is it?
4. The boy's mother identifies Yakov as the man who chased her son. What does she say Yakov was chasing her son with?
5. One month after his arrest, Yakov is taken from the original prison to another location with priests and secret police members in tow. Where is Yakov taken?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)