|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs the total body and cavity searches that Yakov is subjected to?
(a) The deputy warden.
(b) The warden.
(c) The head guard.
(d) The colonel.
2. What is the sentence carried by the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
(a) One month in prison.
(b) Three months in prison.
(c) Three years in prison.
(d) One year in prison.
3. How much money does Nikolai offer to Yakov if Yakov will fix up an apartment that Nikolai owns?
(a) 40 rubles.
(b) 60 rubles.
(c) 25 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
4. When Yakov and his visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 first see each other, what do they do?
5. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
(a) A pen.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother's name of the boy Yakov is accused of killing?
2. After Yakov's visitor runs screaming from his cell, what is confiscated from Yakov?
3. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what new crime does Marfa accuse Yakov of?
4. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
5. To what group does Nikolai belong?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)