|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zhitnyak sneak into Yakov after his escape-from-boredom materials are confiscated?
(a) A Koran.
(b) A New Testament.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A Torah.
2. Where does Yakov first find Nikolai?
(a) In a snowbank.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In an alley.
3. As Yakov reflects on his time with Raisl, how does he characterize their early life together?
(a) As happy and simple.
(b) As happy and poor.
(c) As hard and simple.
(d) As poor and hard.
4. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
(a) Zhitnyak's cousin.
(b) Zhitnyak's brother.
(c) Zhitnyak's father.
(d) Zhitnyak's uncle.
5. While sitting in his cell reflecting on his circumstances, what does Yakov liken being Jewish to?
(a) A curse.
(b) A family.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Yakov roams Kiev, what does he try to pick up from the people of Kiev?
2. What is the local anti-Semite group called?
3. As Yakov begins to think he's going mad, whose ghost does he see?
4. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
5. When a drunken guard accidentally leaves Yakov's cell door unlocked, Yakov ventures out and comes upon a hanged man. Who is the man?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)