|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the winter finally ends, Yakov is desperate to relieve his boredom. What does Yakov do?
(a) Writes letters to his ex-wife.
(b) Makes pencils from the stove ashes.
(c) Opens one of the phylacteries.
(d) Engages the guards in philosophical discussions.
2. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
(a) 1 ruble.
(b) 5 rubles.
(c) 7 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
3. According to the boy's mother, what does Zhenia see when he looks in Yakov's apartment?
(a) Piles of money.
(b) A cache of weapons.
(c) Robes of a rabbi.
(d) Bottles of blood.
4. As Chapter 6, Part 5 begins, Yakov is thinking through all of the things he studied before he was incarcerated. What is he NOT thinking about?
5. To what prison does the prosecutor send Yakov while Yakov is awaiting trials?
(a) Moscow prison.
(b) Kiev prison.
(c) Warsaw prison.
(d) Henrush prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man in charge of the investigation denies Yakov's request for an attorney, what is Yakov told that he will need?
2. What is the sentence carried by the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
3. While the visitor and Yakov are together in Chapter 7, Part 6, what does the visitor scold Yakov for?
4. Who does Yakov see during his frequent hallucinations while in his cell?
5. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)