|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sentence carried by the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
(a) One month in prison.
(b) Three years in prison.
(c) Three months in prison.
(d) One year in prison.
2. What does the crowd see when the people finally stop running?
(a) A murdered child.
(b) A murdered dog.
(c) A murdered man.
(d) A murdered woman.
3. After reading the indictment and the evidence against Yakov, what does the prosecutor also accuse Yakov of?
(a) Confessing in his sleep.
(b) Attempting to escape.
(c) Threatening the warden.
(d) Beating his guard.
4. What does Zhitnyak sneak into Yakov after his escape-from-boredom materials are confiscated?
(a) A Torah.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A Koran.
(d) A New Testament.
5. In Chapter 6, Part 4, what is the name of the guard who is on Yakov's side?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Yakov to stay in the village and not venture on to Kiev?
2. What does Yakov decide not to reveal to the boatman?
3. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what new crime does Marfa accuse Yakov of?
4. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
5. As Chapter 6, Part 5 begins, Yakov is thinking through all of the things he studied before he was incarcerated. What is he NOT thinking about?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)