|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to make Yakov appear like a Hasidic Jew, what does the Deputy Warden refuse to let Yakov do?
(b) Get a haircut.
2. How does Yakov react to Kiev?
(a) He is dismayed by the city.
(b) He is horrified by the city.
(c) He is intrigued by the city.
(d) He is awed by the city.
3. What does the guard who is comforted by Yakov's scripture readings refuse to give to Yakov?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A pencil and paper.
4. What does Raisl always beg Yakov to do?
(a) Flee Russia.
(b) Accept her father.
(c) Have children.
(d) Move to Kiev.
5. After reading the indictment and the evidence against Yakov, what does the prosecutor also accuse Yakov of?
(a) Confessing in his sleep.
(b) Attempting to escape.
(c) Beating his guard.
(d) Threatening the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in his cell after the indictment farce in court, what does Yakov compare his scenario to?
2. After the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov tells him he is a murderer, what does the other prisoner do?
3. When spring arrives, what is Yakov still lacking?
4. Through what she sends to Yakov in prison, what new crime does Marfa accuse Yakov of?
5. What does the crowd see when the people finally stop running?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)